Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast
    We need rain, badly.
    crab in my shoe mouth

20/20 NE - I can see clearly now

Fast and dry at Perry Hill today. Had to watch out for moon dust berms.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	61402192073__2489771B-E50A-47E7-A3EC-A6AE3AFB2086.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	2.59 MB 
ID:	331781

Also managed to find somechoice Foam IPAs on the way home. I’ve had worse days.

Name:	IMG_1360.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	331782

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Not a great pic but shoulder roll in Bethlehem NH is a great descent of about 2 miles 650'. I don't know of too many other downhills this long with no trail intersections. Not a ton of trails right there but worth a lap if rolling through.reklis brewery right there and also worth a stop.
    Side note: my teenage son needs a bigger bike. Looking for a small or medium aluminum hardtail. Air fork, 1x drivetrain, hydro disc. $1k budget, and I have a leftover 27.5 non boost wheelset so if that works even better.
    Bike shops are sold out of most everything

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Little selfie edit from the other night at Blackstrap down Portland way. Dry and slippery just how I like it. A welcome reprieve from obsessing over how to act and respond to all this racial injustice and the COVID, etc.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

Quote Originally Posted by biggins View Post
    Oof. Dusty out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    We need rain, badly.
    Yes and yes. Nothing on the horizon either. Rode with two buds last night and we stayed about 50yards apart!

Too hot and dusty to ride for me. So let's talk technique - it seems like most vids these days show riders landing on their front tire after hitting a jump, hip, etc. Back in the day, this would be considered an 'endo' and not the best way to keep your balance and momentum. What changed and should I be trying to land front end first when sunlight hits the underside of my rubber?

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Too hot and dusty to ride for me. So let's talk technique - it seems like most vids these days show riders landing on their front tire after hitting a jump, hip, etc. Back in the day, this would be considered an 'endo' and not the best way to keep your balance and momentum. What changed and should I be trying to land front end first when sunlight hits the underside of my rubber?
    Bikes have gotten much slacker, for one, so endo possibilities have decreased markedly. Some of it is if you're off angle, you can land with your front wheel pointed straight and when it hits first, it'll pull the rear wheel in line. This is wh folks typically land front wheel first for whips.

Also feels less jarring than doing it the other way around.

"We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Quote Originally Posted by WaistDeepGroomers View Post

Little selfie edit from the other night at Blackstrap down Portland way. Dry and slippery just how I like it. A welcome reprieve from obsessing over how to act and respond to all this racial injustice and the COVID, etc.

The trails in between Blackstrap and Lowell were riding especially nice on Tuesday when the rest of Blackstrap was wicked dusty.

The humidity built early today, we were in the soup when we started our ride at 7 today. We rode Perry Hill again, the new stonework and a few added berms to Joe’s really helped with linking some of the features and setting you up at better starting points for others. I rode Six Flags for the first time which featured the longest rock roll that I’ve seen so far. Thankfully all rocks were dry and grippy, I can’t imagine what it would be like wet.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
    The trails in between Blackstrap and Lowell were riding especially nice on Tuesday when the rest of Blackstrap was wicked dusty.
    Interesting... I gotta pedal over there more often. Always forget how fun it is. Did one BIG ride from the far lowell ride to Blackstrap summit and back.

Hope everyone is out gettin sum. Summer is in full effect here in Western Mass. Spandex ride this morning and even gates are now getting the hipster treatment

Name:	IMG_7564.JPG 
Views:	70 
Size:	197.7 KB 
ID:	332396

Hot as fuck exploring RASTA trails the past couple of days. Also, getting bit by a dog yesterday and coming up on a huge black bear today has filled my animal encounter quota for the season.

Actually stoked for the rain coming tonight.

Name:	IMG_1401.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	2.23 MB 
ID:	332408

We've had heavy AM mist-fog the past couple days. Its helped a little bit, but need rain badly.

This past month has been an absolute disaster for me personally, so, I’ve headed out on a lot of rides. Today was a hot ride at Bond Brook. I love this network. The only negative is one section that is always like riding a sand dune. There is really no avoiding it but the trail leading up to it and out of it are so good.

Saw this little guy. Surprisingly one of only a few animals I’ve seen

Name:	IMG_3062.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	1.48 MB 
ID:	332413

Name:	IMG_3063.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	2.51 MB 
ID:	332414

Name:	IMG_3064.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	2.62 MB 
ID:	332415

Tomorrow it’s off to Exeter and then to pick up beers at Deciduous.

It refuses to rain in the Connecticut River Valley. Thunder all around us yesterday, not a drop of rain. I’ve never seen the trails so blown out looking. Dusty and loose sucks.
    Pray for rain
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    It refuses to rain in the Connecticut River Valley. Thunder all around us yesterday, not a drop of rain. I’ve never seen the trails so blown out looking. Dusty and loose sucks.
    Pray for rain
    Dusty, loose, and 90f is no equation for fun in my book. Hopefully this pattern ends tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by MaineSkiAddict1 View Post
    This past month has been an absolute disaster for me personally, so, I’ve headed out on a lot of rides. Today was a hot ride at Bond Brook. I love this network. The only negative is one section that is always like riding a sand dune. There is really no avoiding it but the trail leading up to it and out of it are so good.

What time are you riding Exeter? I can give a little beta if needed. I might be riding tomorrow evening. Thunder showers forecasted randomly all day.

Quote Originally Posted by MaineSkiAddict1 View Post

I love Bond Brook. My MIL lives near Augusta so when we visit, that’s my go to riding spot. I know that sandy section well, it’s a momentum killer. Great little network, fast and flowy and easy to hammer out a quick ride.

Finally raining a bit bob, probably 1/2" so far to damp the dust down. Don't have a long day tomorrow so will be rolling out, in the cooler weather, after the rain ends.
    It's been hard to stay properly hydrated riding the last week.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

I don't know but I love this dusty dry hot weather. I just water the garden. Dont have to mow the lawn as often. Ride early in the morning.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jhyatt; 06-23-2020 at 07:57 PM.
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

MSA you alright?

Yep dry. It's rained sw of me a few times now and dried up before it got here, like yesterday. Hardpan and blown out is the name of the game.

We got some rain, nice morning showers rolling through right now. Wind is shifting to the west, dew point is going down, finally a break in this hateful weather pattern.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Yup, some casual rain coming down now and soaking in. Lake Champlain has a new record for the King St. dock of 79`, bleh.

Going to be nice and tacky this evening.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Basically skunked on the h2o from the sky here...faak

The rain came, humidity is gone and it is glorious.

Name:	E11FD1ED-8425-4309-9A5F-146A4AC6E11B.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	2.15 MB 
ID:	332530