Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Yeah, I agree with him on things as well, but he's taking it too far.

Like this quote of his - "Imagine if the quiet road you bought a house on became the access road to a tourist spot that saw 1/6th of the state's population drive up every weekend all summer/fall."

Yeah, it would suck or you could open up a lemonade stand and take the winter off to ski or move.

But just imagine if you lived in VT your entire life and some asshole from NJ moves next door and tells you what you should or should not do...with your land or just everything in general.
    Hahahahahahaha. Nailed it.

He's getting ripped pretty good on Fb on a couple of pages.

Night and early conditions are sooo good here right now, a little dubious with the afternoon warmth but all in all it's just about as good as you could want this time of year if you'd rather be riding dirt than otherwise. Pretty much all the spots along the Taconics south of I90 are good to go under 1500 feet (which is pretty much everywhere). edit: Should be a pretty good group hitting Farrington in Danbury @ 9:30 Sunday morning. Come get some dirt.
    Last edited by gravitylover; 02-21-2020 at 11:19 AM.

""On Jan. 23, the District 7 Act 250 office in St. Johnsbury received an email from Northfield resident David Packie requesting a review by the Natural Resources Board (NRB) to determine whether Act 250 should apply.

The request stated, “Considering the latest blow-up, and after paying close attention to the fall out and response [by] the KTA, I see industrial level [mountain biking] as clearly impacting that community and many others in profound ways, and clearly falling under the criteria of Act 250. If it has not yet happened, I'd like to request a review of KTA by the NRB to determine if the involved lands should require a permit, as was determined in Victory.”"

So Jersey Dave's argument is that the KT community and landowners are too dumb to figure out they are getting screwed over by KTA so they need him and the state to step in? Does he really have nothing better to do than to try to involve the state in private landowner's arrangements with KTA? What a fucking tool.... The fact is that the landowners are perfectly capable of determining the fate of their lands and their relationships with KTA. The East Burke community should be responsible for what goes on there, not some Jersey transplant who currently resides in Northfield who thinks he knows what is best for everyone else.

20/20 NE - I can see clearly now

Let’s not overlook that he doesn’t ride KT and has zero involvement in that community.

It’s a level of being outright asshole that I can’t comprehend.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

This guy has serious mental issues, he now thinks he’s saving the community.

This is the same guy who threatened to choke me to death, and y’all are just starting to realize he might be unhinged?
    crab in my shoe mouth

LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    This is the same guy who threatened to choke me to death, and y’all are just starting to realize he might be unhinged?
    Who hasn’t he threatened?

Silly amounts of fun at Bradbury today. I sense a fat bike in my future.

The “O” trail which is a gnarly mess in the summer was absolutely pristine today. Trails that had some sun exposure were starting to get squirrly but it was such a great day to be outside.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2660.JPG 
Views:	97 
Size:	210.9 KB 
ID:	317121

Name:	IMG_2661.JPG 
Views:	108 
Size:	208.8 KB 
ID:	317122

First time riding dirt and “skinny” tires since early November. Fuck, it was fun. It’s a ways out but I’m already stoked for mtb season.

Back to VT tomorrow and likely pow day Thursday.
    Things are lining up nicely this week.

Name:	IMG_0574.jpg 
Views:	187 
Size:	2.58 MB 
ID:	317465

21 miles of dirt already this week and more to come after this dreary stuff moves through.

When you and wifey eat brownies and fart around the yard. My tiny bmx track worked me.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    When you and wifey eat brownies and fart around the yard. My tiny bmx track worked me.
    we really need a lighter 'like' button

My bike shop is closing and I'm super bummed. Not knowing specifics I feel he is a victim of being too kind and not putting value to his time. I've been there too many times where he gives his time away for free and he's always putting the customers wallet ahead of his value, meaning he tries to fix or use used parts instead of selling new. It's an incredible quality, but that doesn't always bid well for running a business. Too many take advantage.

Plus he had a keg of IPA on tap in the shop.

Which shop is that? I'm afraid I know but...

Yeah, pm coming

Back to all dirt for the 4th time. This winter is whacked.

Conditions are epic right now. Perfect temps, line of sight, and tacky dirt.

But it's still weird. We should be in snow.

Weather’s weird up here. 40s and 50s for the 15 day forecast, snow is melting, fat biking is winding down. Spring temps are about a month ahead of schedule.

Early spring? Inevitable April snow? Trails drying out early? Don’t know what to think.

Man this kinda sux, everything looks great but the freeze/thaw has been brutal. We haven't had any snow in almost 2 months and not much rain either although when it has been wet it's been soggy but the ground isn't giving up the moisture. It freezes 1/2" down every night and then melts for a few hours but not enough to evaporate so it's just crazy greasy almost everywhere even the places that normally drain well and are rideable most of the time. Hopefully it stays above freezing for a few nights so things can dry out.

You need an E-Road squid bro!
    Earliest I can remember riding my nice bike on the road. Love it!

Name:	40B887C5-6DE4-44FC-8A94-A1E258C98626.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	319341
    crab in my shoe mouth

LOL yeah
    All in all I gotta say that the e has been a big bonus for me. Rather than having a double bypass open heart surgery the two still existing blockages are being managed medicinally but radical spikes in my heart rate could dislodge one and that could be catastrophic. With the e-bike I can manipulate the assist so I don't ever spike thereby reducing that risk as much as I can so I'm kind of over the ridicule at this point knowing that I can get out and ride pretty damned hard and probably be ok. As far as the training/health aspect remember, there's no assist if you're not pedaling and applying torque so I find that I pedal consistently for longer, run through the gears so I'm always under a load so it keeps giving back and this leaves me with a steady heart rate in the 140's for 30-40 minutes straight with no breaks. For my situation that's probably the best kind of exercise I could hope for, steady for measured periods, and it has done wonders for my overall being.

I’m not giving you shit, I respect the ebike. And I’m glad you’re out riding.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Thanks.

All dried up and hero dirt foreverClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20200309_170444.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	2.27 MB 
ID:	319573