Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 1243
    Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    Thanks for the route. A few of those look familiar, especially Zeebee - that trail really stuck out, what a blast. It was freshly cut when I rode it earlier this summer. I’ll be looking for more new stuff to ride down that way next season.

I’m up in Barre Town but ride Northfield quite a bit. They’ve got some of the best trails going - big ups and long downs. Happy to show you around there once the plague clears in the spring (hopefully).

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Sounds great, we moved here about 2 weeks prior to covid, so havent been able to ride with / meet many folks.

Chamberlin is open but hunting is allowed on the land and it abuts some popular deer territory. Wear orange or ride at night.

It is snowing at my house, time to break out the fatbike!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Perfer et obdura, hic dolor olim utior tibi. -Ovid

Made a little video from a radically fun week in Stowe/Waterbury back in October (and some Burke & Cochrans). Y'all got it going ON up there.
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

Quote Originally Posted by WaistDeepGroomers View Post

Made a little video from a radically fun week in Stowe/Waterbury back in October (and some Burke & Cochrans). Y'all got it going ON up there.
    Nice. Where was that tech footy from?

Its in Stowe, unsancitioned. 2 of the best downhills in the area.

New vid by one of Allspeed's Carabassett Valley shop employees

Edit: the only version I found on Youtube is this one that cuts to a how to shoot a video edit. Still looking for a cleaner version

The trail Craig was on looked sick. overall I was in Carrabassett a couple years ago and I though MEH. Its reminds a ton of the worst stuff around stowe. Lots of switchbacks to uphill that kill speed, with guide stones. Also leaf blown to the bare ground and no real loam to grip into. The Trail Adam was on looked amazing though. Steep, loam, non speed choking turns.

Its gonna be a cold ride tonight! Ready for post ride burn and brews.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwacka View Post
    The trail Craig was on looked sick. overall I was in Carrabassett a couple years ago and I though MEH. Its reminds a ton of the worst stuff around stowe. Lots of switchbacks to uphill that kill speed, with guide stones. Also leaf blown to the bare ground and no real loam to grip into. The Trail Adam was on looked amazing though. Steep, loam, non speed choking turns.
    Agreed. Visited a few years ago and had the same impression. The guide stones esp... wtf? At any rate I'm psyched to see they've been building more trails for us wicked boss dope cyclist types

Its in Stowe, unsancitioned. 2 of the best downhills in the area.
    Indeed! Had been a few years since I rode that stuff. Only caught the bottom of the faster trail but daaaaamn is that zone fun.
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Adam is involved with us in a non-official capacity, that line he's riding got scratched in this Fall up in Broccoli garden and is our first on mountain effort. We hope to have 2-3 more of those kind of tracks in next Spring and have some plans in the works in advance of breaking ground on the bike park. All of this will contribute to what's already happening up here with the town crew but for the first time these trails aren't being built by the town/nemba. Glad to hear there's interest in that kind of terrain, we've got plenty of it.

Stay tuned for another video coming in the future featuring just Adam

Quote Originally Posted by WaistDeepGroomers View Post
    Agreed. Visited a few years ago and had the same impression. The guide stones esp... wtf? At any rate I'm psyched to see they've been building more trails for us wicked boss dope cyclist types

Indeed! Had been a few years since I rode that stuff. Only caught the bottom of the faster trail but daaaaamn is that zone fun.
    Its because the guy who built Kimmer's, Pipeline and a ton of Trapps built those trails.

In Stowe there is so much un sanctioned riding that rocks.

its still tough to Drive past Cady Falls Nursery for me but Waterworks gets me to do it.

Ticketchecker if you build more stuff like that with some real vert I am for sure checking it out again. As for the rest of the stuff...ill remove the guidestones, my labor is free of charge if you want.

Ticketchecker if you build more stuff like that with some real vert I am for sure checking it out again. As for the rest of the stuff...ill remove the guidestones, my labor is free of charge if you want.
    The existing network is all from the town crew, AC is going to be around scratching the dirt with us so our vision is little different from theirs. The town wanted an all abilities/family friendly foundation and they've got it, now it's time for other things...

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    The existing network is all from the town crew, AC is going to be around scratching the dirt with us so our vision is little different from theirs. The town wanted an all abilities/family friendly foundation and they've got it, now it's time for other things...
    I have to laugh that was the same "vision" for most of the stuff around stowe.

Beginners dont like smashing stone with their pedals....

Miller knows how to build trail. Fact.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Oh I curse the rock work somewhere at some point pretty much every ride

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    Oh I curse the rock work somewhere at some point pretty much every ride
    eh. Placing rocks on the side of the trail to keep people on the trail is ALWAYS bad.

toes so cold... shoe covers or buck up for winter shoes? shoe covers just seem like they will fall apart. but winter shoes holy shit $$. no fatbiking, looking down to maybe 20 degrees, but more like 30.
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Fun ride at the country club last night.

Its because the guy who built Kimmer's, Pipeline and a ton of Trapps built those trails.

its still tough to Drive past Cady Falls Nursery for me but Waterworks gets me to do it.
    Was so bummed that the day I had to ride Cady Fall this October it was too wet and they'd closed it. That place is the BEES knees, man, holy shit.

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    toes so cold... shoe covers or buck up for winter shoes? shoe covers just seem like they will fall apart. but winter shoes holy shit $$. no fatbiking, looking down to maybe 20 degrees, but more like 30.
    i wore my Lake 303's the other day but if I didn't have them I'd roll with shoe covers and chemical toe warmers.

So this area sees maybe 10-30 rides week. Maybe less. Idk. So the leaves are horrendous! To the point that trails I've personally made I've actually gone off line and been like wtf! So we blew a 3rd or so the other night. Even blowing it we went off trail a few times.

Anyway, I'm honestly not a fan of blowing, but it needs to be done sometimes. I think the issue arises is when people just blast the shit out of everything. Often you just need to walk along at a low rpm. This pic is an area of little rollers and the trough can hold water. Just leave the leaves and clean the high points. Flat sections, blow enough so you can navigate. High speed corners and tech spine/boulders, we blow clean.

Just a wee bit of snow on grippy, frozen dirt. Great riding out there still.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D96B8D94-69AB-4F59-8EB9-B883C297FEA0.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	2.56 MB 
ID:	348800

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

And you can actually catch views this time of year!

The sunlight in that photo is pretty sweet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Perfer et obdura, hic dolor olim utior tibi. -Ovid

Is it legit to ride a prospect hill in Waltham? Near my office and some actual elevation. I checked it out on foot and there are some steep chunky trails on the front that could be fun to session for a hill repeat workout. Signage does not mention bikes but I did not see any tire tracks. There is a Waltham rec office at the bottom of the hill so likely to get caught if it's not allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by carlh View Post
    Is it legit to ride a prospect hill in Waltham? Near my office and some actual elevation. I checked it out on foot and there are some steep chunky trails on the front that could be fun to session for a hill repeat workout. Signage does not mention bikes but I did not see any tire tracks. There is a Waltham rec office at the bottom of the hill so likely to get caught if it's not allowed.
    Head over to the old Met State area on the Belmont border. Some decent singletrack there.