Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... LastLast

20/20 NE - I can see clearly now

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Throw your front axle thru it and ride her down!
    Perfect, I’ll try that next time!

Question for the collective.
    What’s the killer Burke loop these days? What, with the Darling Hill shut down and all. Looking for a good 16-20 mile ride.

Went back to Ascutney yesterday. Love Steam Donkey
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A4314F4B-A4F8-49FA-A7D3-3214AD542726.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	2.49 MB 
ID:	339180

Name:	72102AE3-F775-494E-AC73-DDE5FB9AFDB0.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	2.82 MB 
ID:	339181
    crab in my shoe mouth

just venturing over to Moose Haven + plus white school area, and the remaining darling hill will be tons of mileage.

Not super familiar with Moose or White School, suggestions?
    crab in my shoe mouth

https://www.trailforks.com/region/ki...&lon=-71.92546

Here is the route I would take the hit the best stuff....Also ridiing to the top and doing Rude Awakening or Upper J-bar to lower J bar can be worth it as well. J Bar top to bottom is probably one of the best trail bike downhill in all of New England.

https://youtu.be/qLqwtuAebeU

Burnham Up, Road to Camptown up, Dead Moose Alley, or Moose Abuse down, parrs yard northeast, Wiley's Way, Magill Fields to either Moose Alley, or Moose Duece, Flower Brook over to Moose Haven, Up moose haven, down what ever moose haven trail you want to do. Back across Flower Brook, dirt road to Good'n You loop, down SKy Dive to Nose Dive, Make your way to Ware's Davis. If you are not done yet go try Emma's Sanctuary. Best new trail on Darling Hill. New T is only Meh in my opinion.

Really wish we could get Tap'n Die, and Pines back.

Thanks, that’s perfect!
    crab in my shoe mouth

Have some time off in October...

Would love to come up and ride a few ME, NH & VT spots. Camp, ride, buy local eats and drink.

With my out of state plates, will I just get cranky attitudes and stink-eye?
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwacka View Post
    That video is actually newish hand built trail but kind of the same! One thing it doesnt show is the pitches approaching 30 percent with more on the slabs. many people call that trail harder to ride than Joe's at Perry hill just not nearly as long.
    I wasn't replying to you I was just musing on diggin' the old skool.

Quote Originally Posted by scrublover View Post

Would love to come up and ride a few NH & VT
    spots. Camp, ride, buy local eats and drink.

It would be hard to know if you lived here or not.....So many people have moved here this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwacka View Post
    It would be hard to know if you lived here or not.....So many people have moved here this summer.
    Fleeing NYC & Boston, yeah?

I'm in CT. Have ridden quite a few places up north of me that there are still so many places I want to check out. Usually do 4-5 days and try to hit a couple spots. No desire for KT. So many other places I've not been.

Ascutney is one of my favorites-glad to see they are adding more!

Fuck. I'm coming from a high case count (Red! Danger Will Robinson!) area. My work sorta' precludes me doing a quarantine period. That would just use up my time off.

Probably should wait for next year, just keep riding locally.

Or book a site @ Little River, drive up and see what happens?

Would love to come up and ride a few ME, NH & VT spots. Camp, ride, buy local eats and drink.

There's so many out of state plates around you'd blend right in up here. Just don't touch anything

Fuck. I'm coming from a high case count (Red! Danger Will Robinson!) area. My work sorta' precludes me doing a quarantine period. That would just use up my time off.

No restrictions for other New England states here in NH. And based on the cars in the trail head parking lots, plenty of people are taking advantage. Although some places like Green Woodlands are more restrictive. Plenty of other options though.

20/20 NE - I can see clearly now

Agree with Bushwacka - Thats generally our Sunday ride every year when I go with my buds.

Oh and if you are from a yellow or red county, do what’s right and heed the goveornor’s request to either properly quarantine or don’t come.

Whatever you do, don’t tell me how much you love Vermont and want to visit, but don’t actually give a damn when it comes to the spread of a worldwide pandemic and are coming either way.

fun day riding Slabs and rock drops.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CE2RAntD9i_/ scroll right to see the vids.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Agree with Bushwacka - Thats generally our Sunday ride every year when I go with my buds.

Oh and if you are from a yellow or red county, do what’s right and heed the goveornor’s request to either properly quarantine or don’t come.

Whatever you do, don’t tell me how much you love Vermont and want to visit, but don’t actually give a damn when it comes to the spread of a worldwide pandemic and are coming either way.
    I'm tolerably well acquainted with social distancing.

I wore a mask for 12 hour stretches before it was cool.

I am heading up to north conway camping with the family next week and will get a few opportunities to ride. What trails should I prioritize if I have 2 or 3 rides of 2-3 hours each? I like natural technical descents over flow trails and can probably do a 10 mile 2000ft loop in that time period. Also open to riding partners.

Name:	7FBA41A4-9EB0-438A-B50D-C0BB45671DF1.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	339245

Leaves starting to fall. Kiddo & I ripping some secret East of SVT terrain.

I'm tolerably well acquainted with social distancing.

I wore a mask for 12 hour stretches before it was cool.
    Sorry, scrub. You just ended up being the target for a bunch of frustration that’s been building by seeing folks (and talking with out of state friends) from states that have no business violating the governor’s request.

Sorry, scrub. You just ended up being the target for a bunch of frustration that’s been building by seeing folks (and talking with out of state friends) from states that have no business violating the governor’s request.
    It has been uber weird here.

Quote Originally Posted by geomorph View Post
    No restrictions for other New England states here in NH. And based on the cars in the trail head parking lots, plenty of people are taking advantage. Although some places like Green Woodlands are more restrictive. Plenty of other options though.
    Yep, even my random trail system has tons of out of state plates. Only major restrictions in NH are needing to reserve slots at state parks that have real parking.

I talked to 2 guys at the local trail head last week who were there riding because they were kicked out of Kingdom Trails bc they came from NYC. They couldn't believe KT actually enforced the guidelines clearly posted on their website. Funny how that works........

Entitled assholes from NYC? It really is the end times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you’d like to come to VT, spend some cash, see the sights, and enjoy the trails get a Covid test and isolate until the results come back. If anyone gives you flack while here just show them the results, oh and wear a friggin mask.

Quote Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
    If you’d like to come to VT, spend some cash, see the sights, and enjoy the trails get a Covid test and isolate until the results come back. If anyone gives you flack while here just show them the results, oh and wear a friggin mask.
    Yup. There is a right way to come visit Vermont, even if you are from a county with a high caseload. Per the guidelines:

Residents of other states who live in a quarantine county or are from any other state outside of the Northeast (including New England; New York; Pennsylvania; Ohio; New Jersey; Delaware; Maryland; Washington, D.C.; Virginia; and West Virginia), must follow quarantine guidelines:
    Travelers arriving to Vermont in a personal vehicle, may complete either a 14-day quarantine or a 7-day quarantine followed by a negative test in their home state and enter Vermont without further quarantine restrictions.
    Travelers arriving to Vermont via public transportation (plane, train, bus) or from further than a direct car ride would allow may complete either a 14-day quarantine or a 7-day quarantine followed by a negative test in a Vermont lodging establishment or with friends and family (travelers must stay in their quarantine location for the duration of quarantine other than to travel to and from a test site).
    Read more about quarantining at the Vermont Department of Health website.
    All out of state travelers utilizing lodging, camping and short-term rental properties in Vermont must sign and complete a Certificate of Compliance or affirm a compliance statement via a digital check box at the time of reservation and check-in to attest that they meet the quarantine requirement, have traveled from a county with similar active COVID-19 caseload per the Vermont Agency of Commerce and Community Development, or are an essential/authorized worker.
    All out of state travelers are strongly encouraged to register with Sara Alert upon arrival to Vermont to get two weeks of daily reminders to check for common symptoms of COVID-19.

I did have to pay out of pocket—but the covid rapid test was easy and...rapid. Cleared for VT tomorrow!