Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 1243
    Quote Originally Posted by biggins View Post
    Head over to the old Met State area on the Belmont border. Some decent singletrack there.
    Agree with biggins—better stuff on the western greenway/beaver brook area. Although if you’re in the Waltham area and have a gravel bike the stuff in prospect hill is a reasonable dirt section to cut through, and you can connect up over to Jericho and other stuff on the opposite side of 128.

Quote Originally Posted by carlh View Post
    Is it legit to ride a prospect hill in Waltham? Near my office and some actual elevation. I checked it out on foot and there are some steep chunky trails on the front that could be fun to session for a hill repeat workout. Signage does not mention bikes but I did not see any tire tracks. There is a Waltham rec office at the bottom of the hill so likely to get caught if it's not allowed.
    I’ve never caught any flak for riding there, doubt anyone will comment. That stuff that dumps down by the office there is just fall line wash out.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1605967659.490523.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	534.6 KB 
ID:	349076

As I mentioned in my previous post, the most useful part of prospect hill is to use it to connect with other trails. Pretty much everything in this photo is singletrack.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Played around in the jank at needham town forest this afternoon. Still dialing things in on the Revel but it’s been great so far. Blows my old Ripley out of the water. Crazy how much bikes have progressed these last few years. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1605999623.521786.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	244.2 KB 
ID:	349131

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

^^^Zexy.

Still going strong in Northern Vermont.

Last edited by Bushwacka; 11-24-2020 at 12:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwacka View Post
    Still going strong in Northern Vermont. In case you were wondering though Tom G's has been logged and it kind of hard to follow right now.

Bummer. That’s a really sweet trail - hope the landowner is still ok with the trail being there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by scharny View Post
    Bummer. That’s a really sweet trail - hope the landowner is still ok with the trail being there.

sounds like they are not.
    Last edited by Bushwacka; 11-24-2020 at 12:51 PM.

Took advantage of the nice weekend and did some riding at the Coos network in Gorham. Rode the stuff just south of route 2. I can’t believe I’ve driven through here so many times and never explored. For those who have been, how is the area off the Adam’s street lot? I only had a few hours to explore so I did a longer loop from the small lot off Jimtown road. For Pete’s sake -> carry on -> pat down -> carry on -> alpine spring -> howie roll was rad.

Name:	IMG_0024.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	2.76 MB 
ID:	349334

Name:	IMG_0025.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	2.16 MB 
ID:	349335

Name:	IMG_0026.jpg 
Views:	64 
ID:	349336

Quote Originally Posted by MaineSkiAddict1 View Post
    Took advantage of the nice weekend and did some riding at the Coos network in Gorham. Rode the stuff just south of route 2. I can’t believe I’ve driven through here so many times and never explored. For those who have been, how is the area off the Adam’s street lot? I only had a few hours to explore so I did a longer loop from the small lot off Jimtown road. For Pete’s sake -> carry on -> pat down -> carry on -> alpine spring -> howie roll was rad.

Name:	IMG_0024.jpg 
ID:	349334

Name:	IMG_0025.jpg 
Size:	2.16 MB 
ID:	349335

Moose brook state park side is great. Usually ride that first,, so at car for snack then ride other side. Next time do baggage claim.
    Up deer fly, middle border, up road then down upper border.
    Down road a bit then right on ccc perimeter west. You can do hi and low road but also skip.
    Perkins path is a very cool trail back to lot.

Then hit the Yokohama for a dizzy buddha!
    We went to copper pig last time for post ride beer.
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

How is that Gorham stuff? Like what's the overall feel/any zones you'd compare it to?

Blackstrap was riding great this weekend. I tapped some dirt for about 30 mins yesterday but a bigger crew (with a Kubota this time) built a big new berm into a step up on Bust a Move, along with a few new and refortified berms higher up the trail. Amazing to see how much can get built with a half dozen folks working once a week for a few weeks in a row!

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

Quote Originally Posted by MaineSkiAddict1 View Post

How do you like the Ripmo for New England riding? Considering a new Ibis but can't decide between Ripley and Ripmo. Current ride is a Hightower 27.5 that I have had for 4 seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by WaistDeepGroomers View Post
    How is that Gorham stuff? Like what's the overall feel/any zones you'd compare it to?

Blackstrap was riding great this weekend. I tapped some dirt for about 30 mins yesterday but a bigger crew (with a Kubota this time) built a big new berm into a step up on Bust a Move, along with a few new and refortified berms higher up the trail. Amazing to see how much can get built with a half dozen folks working once a week for a few weeks in a row!

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Motorized wheelbarrow! Is this a NEMBA group or just an unorganized group blasting it out?

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwacka View Post
    They are, but they also need to log it to keep "in use" .

it will rise again, maybe next spring.
    Actually, the new landowner has made it quite clear that it is NOT ok in multiple conversations. Probably not a good idea to post photos/discussion of the trail.

Sent from my moto x4 usilk
    Great stuff. For me it's a great balance between too-easy sidewalk through the woods like in KT and semi unrideable old skool NE hiking trails like some of PRKR.

State park side has great trails.
    Other side near air strip has a couple of flow descents with gaps on baggage claim and howie Roll that are worth more than one run.

There are also signs that's it's a GBA glade but I've never skied it and it looks not that steep. Meadowskippy. Maybe better up higher.
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Quote Originally Posted by milestogo View Post
    Actually, the new landowner has made it quite clear that it is NOT ok in multiple conversations. Probably not a good idea to post photos/discussion of the trail.
    Quoted for emphasis.

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    Great stuff. For me it's a great balance between too-easy sidewalk through the woods like in KT and semi unrideable old skool NE hiking trails like some of PRKR.

State park side has great trails.
    Other side near air strip has a couple of flow descents with gaps on baggage claim and howie Roll that are worth more than one run.

There are also signs that's it's a GBA glade but I've never skied it and it looks not that steep. Meadowskippy. Maybe better up higher.
    Cool! Have never made the effort to get up there. Trailforks also has some who-knows looking hike a bike south of town off 16 that looks interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Motorized wheelbarrow! Is this a NEMBA group or just an unorganized group blasting it out?
    That equipment's from Town of Falmouth, along with some borrowed NEMBA tools. This is a volunteer group sanctioned by the town that just got underway this month. We've never had clear permission to do consistent work on these trails and I am SO psyched for what'll come from it. For seacoast standards, there is great terrain to work with, a great set of existing trails that would be really amazing if they got some tweaks, and a lot of eager young peeps excited to dig. Starting it small with a more vetted group of folks who know-ish how to build stuff.
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Pabst View Post
    How do you like the Ripmo for New England riding? Considering a new Ibis but can't decide between Ripley and Ripmo. Current ride is a Hightower 27.5 that I have had for 4 seasons.
    I have really, really enjoyed it. The DW link is amazing. Coming from a v2 Bronson (so a VPP link), I don’t think I could go back. I wish I could have ridden the Ripmo back to back with the Ripley. I have heard such great things about it but in the end, I decided that it was better suited for everything I ride. I’ve never felt over-biked and have cleaned a few sections on it that I hadn’t been able to on my Bronson.

As for Gorham, Jhyatt hit it right on the head. It flows really well thanks to great trail building but doesn’t ride like KT. Some sections reminded me of the best parts of CV and Camden. Dreadnaught at the Snowbowl was A LOT like Howie Roll. Howie gets bonus points for being tighter and having some gaps. I will definitely be back to check out the Moose Brook side. Considering it’s about 2 hours from Portland, it’s worth the trek. Also passing thru Bethel to grab BBQ at the orange teardrop is a plus.

That equipment's from Town of Falmouth, along with some borrowed NEMBA tools. This is a volunteer group sanctioned by the town that just got underway this month. We've never had clear permission to do consistent work on these trails and I am SO psyched for what'll come from it. For seacoast standards, there is great terrain to work with, a great set of existing trails that would be really amazing if they got some tweaks, and a lot of eager young peeps excited to dig. Starting it small with a more vetted group of folks who know-ish how to build stuff.
    That is awesome! Go Falmouth!

Quote Originally Posted by milestogo View Post
    Yeah I was told yesterday my info wrong by a friend.

I editted my post.

Quote Originally Posted by CantDog View Post
    Played around in the jank at needham town forest this afternoon. Still dialing things in on the Revel but it’s been great so far. Blows my old Ripley out of the water. Crazy how much bikes have progressed these last few years. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1605999623.521786.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	244.2 KB 
ID:	349131
    Do your bits and bobs stay in the Revelate bag when you are bouncing about? It may be the final step to ditching any backpack/fannypack for all riding.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Do your bits and bobs stay in the Revelate bag when you are bouncing about? It may be the final step to ditching any backpack/fannypack for all riding.
    I have one of those on one of my fatties and my knee pads hit it a fair amount to the point that I would never buy again. I'm probably flawed, not the bag.

Cool little trail in the woods at Sunapee. Lots of boards.

Name:	20201124_135109.jpg 
Size:	3.03 MB 
ID:	349595

They were blowing some snow.

Name:	20201124_133944.jpg 
Size:	2.14 MB 
ID:	349601

54 on Friday. Back to the water I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    I have one of those on one of my fatties and my knee pads hit it a fair amount to the point that I would never buy again. I'm probably flawed, not the bag.
    I use one on my gravel bike and love it for that purpose. I lost a Kind bar out of it one day and would be paranoid that my multi-tool would end up trail side in a pile of detritus, never to be seen again.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    I use one on my gravel bike and love it for that purpose. I lost a Kind bar out of it one day and would be paranoid that my multi-tool would end up trail side in a pile of detritus, never to be seen again.
    Mine is bomber. I forget what brand it is. Might actually be Salsa brand

Edit, ya it is Salsa. Waterproof and zipper is water repellant. I took a couple tek screws and mounted it right to the frame.

Doesn’t revelate make the salsa stuff, or am I confused?

Perfer et obdura, hic dolor olim utior tibi. -Ovid