Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast
    Jeezum Crow this thread needs some action;
    In central NH for a lacrosse tournament most of the week and staying across from Bear Brook SP. Interesting mix of single track and double tracks but man there is a lot of ground there.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7641.JPG 
Views:	66 
Size:	374.7 KB 
ID:	335270

Name:	IMG_7640.JPG 
Views:	77 
Size:	361.9 KB 
ID:	335271

Name:	IMG_7643.JPG 
Views:	72 
Size:	267.2 KB 
ID:	335272

Name:	IMG_7644.JPG 
Size:	254.3 KB 
ID:	335273

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Working from home. Hit my local today.
    This is Mindfuck and Mindfuck had nice grip today...still I missed the last 1'...oh so close.

Quote Originally Posted by snowday View Post
    Jeezum Crow this thread needs some action;
    In central NH for a lacrosse tournament most of the week and staying across from Bear Brook SP. Interesting mix of single track and double tracks but man there is a lot of ground there.

Name:	IMG_7641.JPG 
Size:	374.7 KB 
ID:	335270

Name:	IMG_7640.JPG 
Views:	77 
Size:	361.9 KB 
ID:	335271

Name:	IMG_7643.JPG 
Size:	267.2 KB 
ID:	335272

Name:	IMG_7644.JPG 
Size:	254.3 KB 
ID:	335273

I'm in central NH, let me know if you want any ride recommendations. Bear Brook is fun as is Franklin Falls up the road a bit. Highland too if you are into lift service.

Speaking of, is anyone going to be at Highland tomorrow? I’m riding with a buddy who is celebrating his birthday and it’ll be a good laugh for anyone who watches. (The last time we rode together, he endoed so impressively that I couldn’t stop laughing for 20 minutes)

Guess I need to start bringing my phone with me more when I ride, maybe.

Been in Portland for the last two weeks so Falmouth & Winnick Woods has been my jam. Heading back up to CV tomorrow for two weeks, happy to give a tour if anyone is up that way.

20/20 NE - I can see clearly now

The parking lot at chamberlain hill was full this afternoon, so I parked along the road where I’ve seen cars in the past. After 6 miles and 1200’ elevation, I got back to my truck and it had a note on the windshield with the most polite request to not park on the road. it easily could have been a nasty-gram and it helped restore a shred a faith in humanity for me.

I’m sorry I parked on the road and I won’t do it again. That’s how honey is better than vinegar.

Quote Originally Posted by geomorph View Post
    I'm in central NH, let me know if you want any ride recommendations. Bear Brook is fun as is Franklin Falls up the road a bit. Highland too if you are into lift service.
    Thanks, went to Bear Brook again this afternoon for convenience sake and ride some good trails again and some shitty steep Jeep roads. Thank god theres Moat to hydrate.

Name:	Image1595453633.994577.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	171.0 KB 
ID:	335319

And... another hero dirt day on tap for tomorrow if it doesn't rain after this line goes through.

Got in a nice evening ride post showers. Dropped rear pressure enough to improve grip for climbing which worked on the wet roots and rocks. Maybe a little less in the front and I could have avoided a fall on a downhill diagonal root? But opted for control as the rear was squirrely as fuck. Muggy is back in full force again, oh well.

[image]flyagaricbikephotoshouldbehere[/image]

[image]mushroomgardenintersectionphotoshouldbehere[/image]
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Name:  IMG_0047.JPG
Views: 522
Size:  215.2 KB
    crab in my shoe mouth

Looks like I’m selling my Ripley LS today...time for something new. I have no shop allegiance to anyone around Boston—if I’m looking at a new 120-130mm trail bike, who should I throw my business towards? Bonus for good prices or tax free, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by CantDog View Post
    Looks like I’m selling my Ripley LS today...time for something new. I have no shop allegiance to anyone around Boston—if I’m looking at a new 120-130mm trail bike, who should I throw my business towards? Bonus for good prices or tax free, of course.
    I cannot comment on pricing, but tax free you have Cycles etc. My old shop's owner is working there now. He is a stand up guy and the brothers who opened Cycles etc worked for him previously.

I cannot say enough good things about Santa Cruz. They have gone above and beyond for me personally. Meaning, dealing with them directly, not thru a shop. Speaks volumes imo.

Any mags ridden North Conway? I’m going to be in the area tomorrow and have a window to ride. Suggested routes/ any beta would be appreciated.

Checked out the RiverTrail today in Portland. Nothing worth going out of your way to hit but a nice change of pace. Some fun features built on the loop trails as well as punchy little climbs.

Name:	IMG_3197.JPG 
Views:	67 
Size:	225.4 KB 
ID:	335441

Name:	IMG_3198.JPG 
Size:	211.0 KB 
ID:	335442

Name:	IMG_3199.JPG 
Size:	262.7 KB 
ID:	335443

Name:	IMG_3200.JPG 
Size:	240.9 KB 
ID:	335444

Headed out this Fri to try the Northern loop of the VT super8 loop. From the state house it is about 2 miles to this:

Very little pavement, mostly a mix of dirt roads, atv/snowmobile trails and a rail trail for the first 70 miles.

Weather made for great views and quick miles. Made it to Burke for lunch, and that is when shit went sideways.
    Added some sealant to rear tire to keep it tight the night before, and tire lost pressure worse than ever before. Ended up throwing in a tube on White school and made my way up the mountain. CCC road has huge rocks in redone waterbars, and on the descent I popped my tube. Made up some time in Victory bog. Kind of crazy to find 15~ miles of flat dirt road in VT.

After Victory made it to Radar rd, which apparently heads up to an old radar base. My gps was acting funny, showing thetrack off to the left of the road but I thought nothing of it. Made it up and over the big climb, started descending and caught a nice sharp rock with my rear tire.

2 tubes down, 25 miles from nearest bike shop, I tried to ride the flat to the next town but my gps led me wayoff track. Met a new dog friend...

And thought I was on the trail...

But was way off. Finished the day with 115 miles and 14k of climbing. Stayed with a friend in St. J and then rode home the next day.

Ride with GPS sends you on some crazy routes. But they are worth it.

Totalmileage was 195 and 21k of climbing. Now for some recovery!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Perfer et obdura, hic dolor olim utior tibi. -Ovid

I wouldn’t call it recovering when I ran into you climbing up Cochrans this morning, Laps!

Ran into this lady on the Preston Loop.

Name:	IMG_5881.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	1.32 MB 
ID:	335481

Quote Originally Posted by Laps View Post

Totalmileage was 195 and 21k of climbing.
    Mad props! That’s insane.

Made my way to North Conway this morning. Parked at the post office in Intervale and made my way via singletrack to the base of Cranmore. By all accounts, Black Cap is going off right now so I rode a few miles of pavement and headed up Kettle Ridge.

The climb is no joke - steep, a mix of tech (rocks and roots abound) and tight switchbacks. Took Hurricane down to the intersection of Red Tail and climbed back up for another go. Red tail was also a rugged climb - steady, rutted out, rooty and rocky.

Name:	IMG_3202.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	2.60 MB 
ID:	335487

Name:	IMG_3204.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	2.58 MB 
ID:	335488

Hurricane is a blast. The descent starts along a rock ledge followed by roots before you enter into some DEEP berms. Really gorgeous building. Plenty of places to get sendy and it’s super fast.

Name:	IMG_3206.jpg 
Size:	2.26 MB 
ID:	335485

Name:	IMG_3207.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	2.51 MB 
ID:	335486

Next time I’m down that way I’ll check out the Marshall conservation area which is supposed to be really good as well.

Marshall is really fun. Very easy to navigate and you have to make an effort to be far away from the parking lot. Spend an hour or spend a day.

The wife at Cady' Falls.

Name:  Diane rolling down.jpg
Views: 380
Size:  216.5 KB

POV from near Cady's Falls, picture quality gets better as the camera dehumidifies.....

Looking good JM, glad to see you posting again. Rowdy looking trail.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Got in a nice evening ride post showers. Dropped rear pressure enough to improve grip for climbing which worked on the wet roots and rocks. Maybe a little less in the front and I could have avoided a fall on a downhill diagonal root? But opted for control as the rear was squirrely as fuck. Muggy is back in full force again, oh well.

[image]flyagaricbikephotoshouldbehere[/image]

Name:	20200722_214056.jpg 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	335573

[image]mushroomgardenintersectionphotoshouldbehere[/image]

Name:	20200722_213819.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	1.95 MB 
ID:	335574

pics added
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

This is interesting. I don't live there, and I don't ride there (been meaning to for years), but I wonder how the locals feel about this...

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/local-...conway-nh.html

I know it's not the most radical trail around, but the Colchester Causeway re-opens today, at least to the cut. I haven't heard if the Local Motion bike ferry will be back on schedule or not, so keep an eye out for that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    I know it's not the most radical trail around, but the Colchester Causeway re-opens today, at least to the cut. I haven't heard if the Local Motion bike ferry will be back on schedule or not, so keep an eye out for that as well.
    I’ve been out of commission for over a month after jaw surgery (planned and not related to injury) and should be getting cleared for bike path riding any day now. This is just the news I was looking for, thanks Peruvian!

Anyone want to ride Lynn or someplace similar tomorrow morning?

Dry! Hardpan and dusty, rocks getting knocked loose all over the place.