Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    ???

Do you carry tools/spares/etc on a ride?
    You don't need any of that shit when you just play bike video games.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    You don't need any of that shit when you just play bike video games.
    Come on man, you know better. And I know for you, a big ride is 53 minutes. Go on now.
    I am racing on Zwift in an hour. So there is that!
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Come on man, you know better. And I know for you, a big ride is 53 minutes. Go on now.
    I am racing on Zwift in an hour. So there is that!
    Bwhaha!

Any mags up in Carrabassett this weekend? I’m headed up tomorrow for 2 days with the Mrs and I’ll be spending most of the mornings riding solo

Quote Originally Posted by MaineSkiAddict1 View Post
    Any mags up in Carrabassett this weekend? I’m headed up tomorrow for 2 days with the Mrs and I’ll be spending most of the mornings riding solo
    , I just left after a two week stretch up there. Rained pretty hard this morning, should be nice and tacky tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    ???

Do you carry tools/spares/etc on a ride?
    I struggle with this. Weight off the bike really helps in tech sections. But I hate it on my back too. I might try an osprey lumbar pack but I always found those would move around too much but maybe the osprey is better.

Yesterday I went for a short 1 hour ride with no water tools anything no pack. Felt soooo good.

No helmet/rubber also feels good but not safe.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    I struggle with this. Weight off the bike really helps in tech sections. But I hate it on my back too. I might try an osprey lumbar pack but I always found those would move around too much but maybe the osprey is better.

Yesterday I went for a short 1 hour ride with no water tools anything no pack. Felt soooo good.

No helmet/rubber also feels good but not safe.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    Yep, me too. I went to a small Dakine pack because a lumbar pack just doesn’t have enough capacity and I hate having bottles and tools on/in my frame. Small pack is better but it’s still there.

I might get a lumbar pack for quick after work rides and use the small pack for 2+ hr rides. Never ridden with a lumbar pack but I have a feeling it will move around when loaded up.

The struggle is real.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

20/20 NE - I can see clearly now

Lumbar packs are fine and maybe my cheap version just doesn’t sit properly. It doesn’t bounce around much, but it pushes my shorts down and sometimes they get caught so I can’t get behind the saddle.

Putting the water on the bike instead of in the pack helped stabilize it.

I use a light weight trail running pack, there’s no waist strap and with the sternum straps clipped near zero movement. Also works ok for hot laps skiing, fits my soft shell on the up and my skins on the down, but that’s about it.

I’m happy with this thing — Henty Enduro. I don’t sweat as much with it as I did with a more traditional pack and it fits and holds well. I have 3 bikes I ride with some regularity so prefer to take the pack and switch spare tubes alone.

https://henty.cc/shop/enduro-backpack/?setreg=us

Any ride around an hour-ish and I've got a single water bottle on the bike and nada for tools. Knock on wood it hasn't come back to haunt me yet after about three years of doing it.

Just got a patagonia nine trails waist pack to replace my backpack which I can't stand riding with unless I'm into 4-5 hour ride territory and then it needs to be backcountry esque, like western riding not just a 4-5 hour day at Kingdom trails where the road, town or a beer is never that far away. First impression of the waist pack is it sucks with a full bladder of water in it. Used it in Carrabassett that last couple weeks with varying loads trying to make friends with it.

I run tube/levers/CO2/tool/chain link in a Dakine hot laps gripper on my frame plus a water bottle on the frame for rides around an hour. Don't really notice a difference in bike handling and I've had enough flats in my life to want some repair option. Longer rides I add a lumbar pack with snacks and another bottle. This is in warm weather. Early or late season I don't mind having a full backpack with a hand saw and first aid kit.

Quote Originally Posted by biggins View Post
    Place is serious. There's some knee flesh of mine in there somewhere from years ago.
    I think I rode with you there, biggins.
    A fucking show dog with fucking papers

Quote Originally Posted by Natedogg View Post
    I think I rode with you there, biggins.
    Yessir! Met you and Anospa at that ride. Come ride VT sometime yo!

Fresh brake pads.

That is all.

I grabbed this - https://bikecloset.com/product/evoc-...ed-1-5l-black/ Funny it's gone up $10 since I bought it. So far I like it. Plently big for the tools and stuff I carry. I haven't used the hydration bladder yet...not sure I ever will. Seems like it would be too much weight.

Rode our techy area last night with the Bronson for the first time. Definitely a little tougher than on the Hightower. Bronson likes to run at speed and the slower tech stuff she's a bit sluggish and the suspension is a bit divey. I think changing the shock pressure would help next time. Although, the wheelie-off drops it sure is nice to have the added cush.

I grabbed this - https://bikecloset.com/product/evoc-...ed-1-5l-black/ Funny it's gone up $10 since I bought it. So far I like it. Plently big for the tools and stuff I carry. I haven't used the hydration bladder yet...not sure I ever will. Seems like it would be too much weight.

Rode our techy area last night with the Bronson for the first time. Definitely a little tougher than on the Hightower. Bronson likes to run at speed and the slower tech stuff she's a bit sluggish and the suspension is a bit divey. I think changing the shock pressure would help next time. Although, the wheelie-off drops it sure is nice to have the added cush.
    Bronson = New bike day?

Good googly moogly it was hot and muggy out there today. Did a nice tour of Green Woodlands with the wife. Only saw two other people on the trail. Helps that the trails are only open for NH/VT residents I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    Bronson = New bike day?
    Couple-few weeks ago now, yeah. 2019 Bronson C S-build. It came with their carbon hoops which I really like. It was listed at 20% off and I kept humming and hawing for weeks, then it went to 25% and I pulled the trigger.

The builder fd up the Reverb assembly, so I had to get that fixed out of the box...they credited me right away...and I was not happy with a DT370 hub and SC stepped up huge (again for me) and that was taken care of. At this point I will probably never buy anything but Santa Cruz. Well, I'll need a new fat bike and they don't make those.

Couple-few weeks ago now, yeah. 2019 Bronson C S-build. It came with their carbon hoops which I really like. It was listed at 20% off and I kept humming and hawing for weeks, then it went to 25% and I pulled the trigger.

The builder fd up the Reverb assembly, so I had to get that fixed out of the box...they credited me right away...and I was not happy with a DT370 hub and SC stepped up huge (again for me) and that was taken care of. At this point I will probably never buy anything but Santa Cruz. Well, I'll need a new fat bike and they don't make those.
    Nice, I have the V2 and thought the new one rode better. Did you sell the HT? My brother is in the market for a Large bike

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    Nice, I have the V2 and thought the new one rode better. Did you sell the HT? My brother is in the market for a Large bike
    I am selling it, just not yet. Another mag has already inquired also. I am stripping my Flow wheelset and Float x2 shock off it to build my old frame back up.

Beautiful couple of days in the CV albeit humid as hell. Day 1 was mostly a “girlfriend” ride hitting stuff off the narrow gauge (and still managed 17 miles). It’s fun as hell watching her progress and get into the sport.

Day 2 was spent climbing and hitting outdoor center stuff I didn’t ride Thursday. The humidity was brutal. Rocks and roots were greasy fun. There are a couple lines on Hurricane that I hadn’t tried before and for whatever reason thought it would be the perfect time.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3144.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	2.54 MB 
ID:	334391

Name:	IMG_3143.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	2.10 MB 
ID:	334392

Name:	IMG_3122.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	2.52 MB 
ID:	334394

Name:	IMG_3123.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	2.47 MB 
ID:	334397

Name:	IMG_3141.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	334395

Despite the dew point in the high 60s today, Mrs P and I knocked out 50 miles and 3200’ of mixed surface riding today. I think it’s the longest ride she had ever done.

Although I must share how we were cranking along at mile 30 or so and from behind us comes Laps, who passes us with his gravel bike, doing about 35mph. Literally left us in the dust.

Name:	DB35F6C5-BC38-4D9F-ADD4-9AB888DD0D62.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	334487

I offered you snacks and water at my house!!

And my bike is still on the back of my car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Perfer et obdura, hic dolor olim utior tibi. -Ovid

Damn I forgot how tough some of the legacy trails around the LHV can be. Yesterday and today my daughter and I went on an old skool binge and she got her world rocked. I think that's the mission for the next few weeks, I need to search out the forgotten goodness that's out there and ride it again.

Oh and yeah, hero Dirt is back!