Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 1243
    Quote Originally Posted by s_curran View Post

Apparently their was a dangerous interaction in the mad river valley between hunters and MTBers. Not sure of more details but mad river riders posted about it.
    Any more deets about this? You hate to hear this. Give the hunters their turf for the brief window of time they have. MTB where it's posted no-hunting ONLY is my rule. A little homework and anyone can find a safe place to ride this time of year.

Edit: watching 'Rad' on cable right now- Helltrack is legit!
    Last edited by biggins; 12-03-2020 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by biggins View Post
    Any more deets about this? You hate to hear this. Give the hunters their turf for the brief window of time they have. MTB where it's posted no-hunting ONLY is my rule. A little homework and anyone can find a safe place to ride this time of year.

Edit: watching 'Rad' on cable right now- Helltrack is legit!

Heres the newsletter: http://madriverriders.bmetrack.com/c...LMI49nNPuw6lIV

We try very hard to be good neighbors and responsible stewards. We know most of you do too. But sometimes trail users' actions can and do threaten access.
    Last weekend on opening day of deer rifle season, when we ask that everyone stay off all of our trails, a small group of visitors had disrespectful and dangerous interactions with hunters on the Plum Line trail.

In addition to our request to stay out of the woods during this period, the landowner on this section of Plum Line has posted their property specifically for hunting season, including portions of Pusherman and all of High Plum.

Due to these recent incidents, access to these trails is potentially threatened.

Please share this message of responsible use and respect for landowners and other visitors. We get the woods the vast majority of the time. Forgoing a few weeks of daylight adventures is all we are asking.

Hunting Season Trail Closures
    All Riders' trails are closed to all uses except hunting, from a 1/2 hour before dawn to a 1/2 hour after sunset for Deer Rifle Season from November 14-29.

Additionally, the top middle of Plum Line, most of Pusherman and all of High Plum are closed through end of muzzleloader season, December 13th.
    I dont have any more info, but we're on the front porch forum over there, and it seems like covid has made the valley a pretty wild free for all. Also, the strava heatmaps, people in a lot of places there not supposed to be. And lastly, the teslas. Without fail, as soon as I ride over moretown mountain rd, the first thing I see is a tesla on 100B.

...the teslas.
    Not to pick on the Tesla owners, but what is the deal with these things up here- they really do seem like a red flag that a$$holish behavior is nigh.

Regardless- Vermont is more traditionally a hunting culture than any other. MTB is at best the new kid on the block. Taking issue with the 2-8 weeks a year hunters get to have dominion is just rude, crude, and socially unacceptable. Go for a road ride, walk your dog, or head to Pine Hill, Mt. Peg, or somewhere likewise posted No Hunting. Jeezum Crow, we get the whole rest of the year. Show some respect.

I dont have any more info, but we're on the front porch forum over there, and it seems like covid has made the valley a pretty wild free for all. Also, the strava heatmaps, people in a lot of places there not supposed to be. And lastly, the teslas. Without fail, as soon as I ride over moretown mountain rd, the first thing I see is a tesla on 100B.
    Funny you say this because I've been seeing quite a few posted Strava rides in the Valley that are definitely on closed trails due to hunting. Poaching closed trails is one thing, but putting it on social media is a whole new level of douchebaggery.

Original plans got scuttled, so I stayed even more local and hit up Mud Pond with a friend. Nice little loop that you can’t get lost on. The extensions make it much more fun. I really love the variety I have within 20
    minutes.

She rolled this nicely.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1607119697.210823.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	313.3 KB 
ID:	351171

Quote Originally Posted by biggins View Post
    Not to pick on the Tesla owners, but what is the deal with these things up here- they really do seem like a red flag that a$$holish behavior is nigh.

Regardless- Vermont is more traditionally a hunting culture than any other. MTB is at best the new kid on the block. Taking issue with the 2-8 weeks a year hunters get to have dominion is just rude, crude, and socially unacceptable. Go for a road ride, walk your dog, or head to Pine Hill, Mt. Peg, or somewhere likewise posted No Hunting. Jeezum Crow, we get the whole rest of the year. Show some respect.
    Counterpoint: hunters have acres upon acres of land available to them that does not have bike trails on it between random private land and huge WMAs. They can suck it up and try to avoid shooting other people. My hunting season behavior is 100% self preservation and not out of deference for hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by geomorph View Post
    Counterpoint: hunters have acres upon acres of land available to them that does not have bike trails on it between random private land and huge WMAs. They can suck it up and try to avoid shooting other people. My hunting season behavior is 100% self preservation and not out of deference for hunting.
    I’m in PA these days, but generally agree here. I live next to a popular but relatively small state park w a lake and 20 miles of trails. I have never had any negative interactions with bow hunters, but the orange army parade out every year and it’s a shitshow. This week in my neighborhood has a-holes firing from posted no hunting and hit a house and game commission came out to arrest the individual. At least it’s shotgun only, no rifles at my park. Meanwhile there are many thousands of state gamelands that no one but hunters can access.

I do respect that they only have a limited timeframe for hunting and stay off these trails on Saturday’s, but PA recently passed a law allowing some Sunday hints. That’s bullshit and went out dressed in all orange around 10:30-12:30 on Sunday.

Not going to argue with guys who are armed, but pick a better spot to hunt on the one day the rest of us can safely get out and take our kids too.

Pic bc regardless of my bitching was still fun ride

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^^My comments are definitely specific to Vermont, I should have been clearer on that. PA hunting culture scares the crap out of me (no offense intended).

I don’t know where you are in PA but you should definitely fear gun and hunting culture here. I grew up with some of these fuckers and they were dangerous without the guns.

20/20 NE - I can see clearly now

In Chester County (SePA) so not as bad as much of Pennsyltucky. Just happen to be near one of easiest to access parks outside Philly.

Further outside this area gets real and I grew up in Virginia.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Original plans got scuttled, so I stayed even more local and hit up Mud Pond with a friend. Nice little loop that you can’t get lost on. The extensions make it much more fun. I really love the variety I have within 20
    minutes.

She rolled this nicely.

Name:	Image1607119697.210823.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	313.3 KB 
ID:	351171
    Rooty or no??

Perfer et obdura, hic dolor olim utior tibi. -Ovid

Quote Originally Posted by Laps View Post
    Rooty or no??
    Not RAF.

Good to hear. I might have to take a spin over there and see the work they did.

Perfer et obdura, hic dolor olim utior tibi. -Ovid

Looks like this round of snow is missing most of VT.

I realized this morning that my first dirt ride of the season was in late March and I’m still riding in December.

Never thought I’d be riding dry trails 10/12 months here.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Got a little snow yesterday and figured it would freeze up nicely overnight. We rode fattys but definitely not needed. Less snow in the woods than my house a couple miles away. Still a beauty of Sunday morning.

Name:	IMG_0195.JPG 
Views:	48 
Size:	254.2 KB 
ID:	351506

Name:	IMG_0194.JPG 
Views:	52 
Size:	263.1 KB 
ID:	351507

Trails riding nicely on Cape Cod. If you didn't know, you can basically ride year round here. Usually rain instead of snow and soil is sandy so drains very very quickly.
    In case snow doesn't fly or you are just fed up with skiing/covid situation.

Sorry no pics from yesterday. I did invest in winter mtb shoes and wow so much better. Toes were always my limiting factor.
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

^^^I miss Otis.

Anyone hear anything about the now defunct Victory Hill trails lately? I keep seeing a cargo van around Montpelier with huge "Victory Hill" logos across each side - looks like a shuttle van. I heard some rumors from a co-worker that VH trails may be open to the public again soon. I know there was a lot of drama an hearsay about those trails closing a few years ago but haven't heard anything since.

Here's the video I mentioned a few pages back that's now live on the Giant website

https://www.giant-bicycles.com/global/widowmaker

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    Here's the video I mentioned a few pages back that's now live on the Giant website

Looks like a super fun trail they put in

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Looks like a super fun trail they put in
    Adam is going to be around Maine more next year and helping us scratch at least two more of these in next Spring.

Any love for the North Shore (MA)?

Little B & T’s action from a week or so ago

Name:	IMG_3590.jpeg 
Views:	34 
Size:	450.8 KB 
ID:	352074

Thanks for sharing! I am psyched to get up and check it out in the spring. I was chatting with the dudes at Allspeed who did a staff retreat up there. They said it was super fun but the climb to the top was a workout.

Since the ground here isn't rideable, how are things looking around Willowdale/ Exeter? I am still itching to get out.

Adam is going to be around Maine more next year and helping us scratch at least two more of these in next Spring.
    We checked it out before the snow fell. Looks super fun and a great addition to the network . Is the plan to just have people ride up the Whiffletree service road or something else?

Quote Originally Posted by Ottoclave View Post
    We checked it out before the snow fell. Looks super fun and a great addition to the network . Is the plan to just have people ride up the Whiffletree service road or something else?
    For now that's more or less the plan, my boss who's into Enduro racing and friends with AC got the green light from our GM for us to do some trail work as long as we don't use heavy equipment or work in areas that have snowmaking. Leaves plenty of canvas to look at.

Eventually when the bike park is in over at West Mountain we'll need some connections to the existing CVTrails network so that could pick up these new lines in some fashion. That's a bit down the road from where we are today.

In the meantime https://www.facebook.com/easternstat...88039254545119