Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Sorry, not NE, but fatbiking is fun. Gonna try to peddle up to the Bells tomorrow up around to the left there Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6651.jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	1.12 MB 
ID:	316187

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by biggins View Post
    Full Enduro is well beyond my pay grade, I'll leave that to the WaistDeeps and Anospas of this thread. Enduro-Lite, however, with one fewer DH stage and one less climb, seems perfect for this rider of middling fitness.

If you do decide to ride the first VT ESC Enduro, give a shout- should be a few mags there that day and I can show y'all around in the lead up to the race. Heck, come down anyway and check out these trails- they're pretty rad

Edit: Who's stoked for this? I sure as s#!t am- https://www.enduroworldseries.com/ra...-burke/201974/
    Let's get it done!! I'm so stoked for Burke, gonna get my ass handed to me. Only hope is that I can finish the EWS100 and still get some good heckling in when the real field comes through.

Also 100% goading you until you reg for Woodstock race!

Heading down to S. NH/north of Boston area to see my folks and for some riding early next week. How the trails rolling? Mud? Snow? Dying to ride some dirt.

Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    Heading down to S. NH/north of Boston area to see my folks and for some riding early next week. How the trails rolling? Mud? Snow? Dying to ride some dirt.

Far as I know, we're totally snow free around Boston, maybe different story at Russell Mill?

There was a touch of snow at landlocked saturday, probably gone after todays rain.

Thanks for the reports. Forecast looks like any remaining snow will be gone by next week. Can't wait to get back on some dirt.

bike park coming to the loaf in 2021

https://www.sugarloaf2030.com/west-mountain-expansion

Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post

The seacoast it's a mixed bag. A couple of miles makes a difference. Odds are pretty good we have ice on most north-facing and shaded trails from compaction and dirt on south and west right at the beach. A place like Exeter is still snow/mixed, but skinny tires work...studs will be helpful. The ice from compaction takes a long time to melt.

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    bike park coming to the loaf in 2021

https://www.sugarloaf2030.com/west-mountain-expansion
    Saw this and got super stoked! Interesting that they are opting to put it in the West Mountain side as opposed to somewhere like King pine but I guess it makes sense given the lift upgrade to West Mountain. Could make for a rad day to pedal from the outdoor center all the way over to the DH stuff. Given the amount of time and attention the Outdoor Center/ Gauge Singletrack has received, it doesn't surprise me that this is happening. Some local dudes said it has been in the works for a long time but they have had to keep it quiet until they lined up the final details. So pumped!

^^several factors went into the West Mountain choice, the new lift being one for sure as it can get installed certified for walk off unloading where an existing lift would need to be configured for that and approved. Plus there will be a parking lot right by the new lift and Bullwinkles will eventually be open in the summer.

King Pine is interesting due to proximity to existing network and Bracket Basin but West Mountain will allow for big Western style traverse connectors to link up with the ODC. Actually Whiffletree is the lift that was more in play during the decision making process.

This summer will be finishing all permitting and cutting for what will be bike trails and new ski terrain. First trail construction will begin Spring '21 and the vision will be everything from green runs to being able to host an Eastern States Cup Enduro.

It's gonna be rad

Hate to them shut down, not that I ever ride there, but would hate to have even 10% of the displaced riders "shredding" around here.

kingdom-trails-targeted-in-act250-request
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Hate to them shut down, not that I ever ride there, but would hate to have even 10% of the displaced riders "shredding" around here.

Somebody is about to become even more unpopular.

Quote Originally Posted by biggins View Post
    Somebody is about to become even more unpopular.

Good thing he knows karate!

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post

I'll be sending people to Northfield. I've heard there are great trails there.

So by his definition many of his local trails should also fall under act 250, since the school owns the land.

I’d also be interested to know what % of the trails he’s cut were approved by the town. Pretty sure a few travel through the town watershed which may or may not require additional permitting from the state.

Mountain bikers: "This KTA sitauation can't get be any more of a clusterfuck."

Dave: "Oh yes it can."

Not sure, but I have a feeling this is going to come back and bite him in the ass

The trail builder attacking other trails.

Truly douchey.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird View Post
    I'll be sending people to Northfield. I've heard there are great trails there.
    Haha I was thinking the same thing. We should give them directions for where to park too so it avoids problems later, how many cars fit in his driveway?

My guess when Dave deleted his Northfield thread on mtbr forum he was aware of this:

easement and Permits
    In 2011, the Town of Northfield granted Norwich University an easement for a small section of the Town Forest to be used as part of the university’s recreational trail system. That section extends into the Town Forest where the trail winds along the edge of its southern boundary and the southwest corner of the Cheney Field. The Norwich University trail system on Paine Mountain is subject to a state Act 250 permit (#5W1541). The section of the university trail system that extends into the Town Forest is also subject to this permit and is further described in the permit and its accompanying map. Any further trail development may require additional permits.

http://www.northfield-vt.gov/text/Co...dship_Plan.pdf

So yeah, his actions are pretty dubious. Seems like his bike trail building days are subject to Act 250 since he tied those into NU trails, I wonder if he got a permit?

So who's submitting the Act 250 inquiry for the trails in Northfield?

Fuckin Dave. I tolerated him and even agreed with him once in a while, but this is a whole new level of shit baggery.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post

Fuckin Dave. I tolerated him and even agreed with him once in a while, but this is a whole new level of shit baggery.
    Yeah, I agree with him on things as well, but he's taking it too far.

Like this quote of his - "Imagine if the quiet road you bought a house on became the access road to a tourist spot that saw 1/6th of the state's population drive up every weekend all summer/fall."

Yeah, it would suck or you could open up a lemonade stand and take the winter off to ski or move.

But just imagine if you lived in VT your entire life and some asshole from NJ moves next door and tells you what you should or should not do...with your land or just everything in general.

Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post

Right, I’m pretty sure W in E. Haven if he’s required to get 250 is going to charge and create a privatized bike and skiing park. So effectively pulling 800 acres off public access and if it’s private, the Deth boys probably won’t be able to hunt, and when locals can’t hunt......................