Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

20/20 NE - I can see clearly now

Nice one out there tonight. Firm and fast snow. Impeccable grooming by MTA.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0253.jpg 
Views:	235 
Size:	2.34 MB 
ID:	313106

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Did you catch the alpenglow??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Perfer et obdura, hic dolor olim utior tibi. -Ovid

Quote Originally Posted by Laps View Post
    Did you catch the alpenglow??

Most certainly. Glow over Camels Hump was perfection.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Nice! Almost makes the lack of snow bearable!

This lack of snow I'm getting a ton of building done. Maybe too much as I'm not riding! I feel like I'm under the gun to get it done before it snows again. It will be great to hit the ground running with new trails come spring, so I guess it's worth the sacrifice now.

Headed to NH to visit parents and check out some of the gba glades. Jericho-Cooley woods would be sweet for fatbiking right now.

Had a brief but entertaining ride at Blueberry Lake yesterday. Trails there are about as entertaining as groomed fat bike trails get - narrow, some rollers, berms and switchbacks. Nice break from the wide, mellow groomed trails at other networks. I just wish there was more than 6-7 miles to pedal. Digging the fat biking lately but it'd be nice to find some networks that are offering more than 6-10 miles of trails.

Name:	IMG_0262.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	1.67 MB 
ID:	313840

Lunch spot got almost a mile of new in the past month just before this snow. Couple log rides need limbing and it'll be 100%.

It's funny how one half took nearly 3x the amount of work compared to the second half. The second half was the first truly "rake n ride" trail I've built. All my trails are rake n ride, but typically way more than just that. The first half had at least 2hrs of chainsaw work. Downed trees everywhere.

When a jerry rides in the rain/sleet/snow the day before a deep freeze this is what's left behind. Everywhere he didn't track was so grippy and fun, which was unfortunately not much on our local little network. Between the idiot spray painter, the roadies dumbing down lines, and this guy yesterday, I almost regret building these trails. Maybe we should require a test before going into the woods.

Funny dealings in the Kingdom. The embroiled in controversy KTA buying one of the Quiros properties. Pave paradise and put up a parking lot?

kingdom-trail-has-1m-deal-in-the-works-to-purchase-240-acre-quiros-property/
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Funny dealings in the Kingdom. The embroiled in controversy KTA buying one of the Quiros properties. Pave paradise and put up a parking lot?

kingdom-trail-has-1m-deal-in-the-works-to-purchase-240-acre-quiros-property/
    Interesting.

And...we're back to dirt...until tomorrow night. What a wacky winter.

Name:	IMG_4959.JPG 
Views:	102 
Size:	514.5 KB 
ID:	315274

Forgot to post this up. Demoed a fat boy this weekend in Bethel. Loved it. Trying to find a new fat bike to add to the quiver.

Bethel trails were mint.

Name:	IMG_2606.JPG 
Views:	91 
Size:	212.2 KB 
ID:	315609

There’s a cool old building that suffered a fire fairly recently. Thought it made for a cool backdrop

Name:	IMG_2607.JPG 
Views:	91 
Size:	283.9 KB 
ID:	315610

^^^Demoing a Fatboy myself next week. Then a Rocky Mountain Blizzard after that, and possibly a Farley as well (seems kind of identical to the Fatboy in terms of geo, though, so maybe not). Hoping to swing a leg over a Kona Woo too and then drop some coin on a fatty of my very own .

I don't know your budget but look at the Foes Mutz too. It's a rippin' fun trail bike.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    I don't know your budget but look at the Foes Mutz too. It's a rippin' fun trail bike.
    Ha! That does look fun, but not the bike I need, that's fer sure. Gonna keep it simple as this will be a winter and shoulder season steed. At this point, I'm thinking I may wait until next model year to see what changes happen across manufacturers. All this said, I've ridden a FB exactly once on snow, so we'll see over the next few weeks what this activity is all about

In the meantime- ESC schedule is looking very cool. Race at my home spot this year, might even give Enduro-lite a whirl...

Quote Originally Posted by biggins View Post
    Ha! That does look fun, but not the bike I need, that's fer sure. Gonna keep it simple as this will be a winter and shoulder season steed. At this point, I'm thinking I may wait until next model year to see what changes happen across manufacturers. All this said, I've ridden a FB exactly once on snow, so we'll see over the next few weeks what this activity is all about

In the meantime- ESC schedule is looking very cool. Race at my home spot this year, might even give Enduro-lite a whirl...
    I was also considering getting my ass kicked at an enduro race or two this summer. Might get in on the Sugarbush race.

Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    I was also considering getting my ass kicked at an enduro race or two this summer. Might get in on the Sugarbush race.
    Full Enduro is well beyond my pay grade, I'll leave that to the WaistDeeps and Anospas of this thread. Enduro-Lite, however, with one fewer DH stage and one less climb, seems perfect for this rider of middling fitness.

If you do decide to ride the first VT ESC Enduro, give a shout- should be a few mags there that day and I can show y'all around in the lead up to the race. Heck, come down anyway and check out these trails- they're pretty rad

Edit: Who's stoked for this? I sure as s#!t am- https://www.enduroworldseries.com/ra...-burke/201974/

Yeah, I think there is room for improvement. Although, I'm guessing the target audience is groomed terrain, so trail geo isn't as critical. It's pretty tough to get up punchy climbs in snow, but it sure is fun going down them especially untracked. Natural braking just like riding pow.

https://www.ridefatbikes.ca/faq-latest-trends

^^^Everybody loves Fatbacks. Maybe I oughtta try to get on one of those too...

^^^Demoing a Fatboy myself next week. Then a Rocky Mountain Blizzard after that, and possibly a Farley as well (seems kind of identical to the Fatboy in terms of geo, though, so maybe not). Hoping to swing a leg over a Kona Woo too and then drop some coin on a fatty of my very own .
    I’ve been trying to find a wozo to demo and also a Suzi-q. There’s a decent sale on a giant Yukon in town which has my curiosity piqued.

The KT thing is pretty bad news in my opinion. The towns folks claim their isn't enough infrastructure for the trail network, yet Burke Mountain is there also - empty in the summer. Why not use Burke lots for parking, hotels for lodging, etc?

I feel like the landowners who withdrew (all of them family/friends) did it to force KT and the town to improve infrastructure and get rid of NEMBA fest. Now that NEMBA fest is gone, KT builds a lot, and maybe the landowners will have a change of heart?

Maybe we need a KT dedicated thread in here...? Seems like lots of opinions on how they should be doing it.

Anyhoo... nice stretch on winter means full on snow riding on my local trails. Took some effort on a few above freezing days to snowshoe groom some loops.

If you have studdable tires and you need studs head to your local shop and have them order the Terrene Ultra Traction Stud Pack (item # 564708) they're on sale at 20% off this week at Downeast. No you can't order them directly

Good fun this past weekend. We're right on the edge of skinny or fat tires. I'm still on fat for the fresh lines.

Sunny burn spot

Part of the new addition