Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    https://www.kingdomtrails.org/nembafest-update

Doesn’t impact me directly but I saw this and was bummed for those who went and dug it. Overcrowded trails and a lot of “dude bro” but it definitely was a good call shutting it down this year.

I'm not surprised. The question now is where it heads next. It would be a shame to lose the biggest mt bike community gathering in New England.

I had actually thought Carrabassett can make a good case for it. The only real drawback is accessibility for the western part of New England

There's a fair bit of chatter on the northeastern mountain bike group pages on Facebook about CV being the next spot. I think it's a pretty good idea but yeah, that's a haul from down this way. I don't know how many city folk are going to do a drive nearly twice as long, they're already mostly allergic to being in cars so that might kill them.

I can see why a town would want nembafest—but I can’t fathom why anyone would want to show up and ride with 3000 people or however many show up for the weekend. I’ll be happy to be as far away from it as possible.

In other news, I figure it being dark and 10 degrees would mean I could ride the fells and not deal with off leash dogs. Nope.

Looks like a small push is being made to bring it back to the Berkshires. B'East/Charlemont thinks it's a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Looks like a small push is being made to bring it back to the Berkshires. B'East/Charlemont thinks it's a good idea.
    Yikes, that'd be rad but ridiculous. The climbing is real in western MA, KT's got it set up to make things so friendly to every type of rider.

Charlemont's transformation has been amazing, I can only hope they keep building it out in there and can get a few better climbs than the fireroads eventually.

KTA responds to first major challenge

http://www.northstarmonthly.com/feat...xicxC_xzUCMNAc

I'm seeing a lot of people in CT and southwestern Mass talking about going to Dirt Fest in PA rather than making a big effort to go to something in New England this year.

Frozen dirt is fun but tough when it has 2" of crusty grainy frozen shit on top. Even though it was low teens it felt good to get out early this am.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    There's a fair bit of chatter on the northeastern mountain bike group pages on Facebook about CV being the next spot. I think it's a pretty good idea but yeah, that's a haul from down this way. I don't know how many city folk are going to do a drive nearly twice as long, they're already mostly allergic to being in cars so that might kill them.
    After I read about NEMBAfest being cancelled, I Googled "2020 NembaFest" to see if it had a new venue. Carrabasset Valley showed up and said they'd be hosting it in 2020. I went back a few hours late to send the link to a friend and the link was dead. Now the link is gone from the search page. Methinks CV will likely host and maybe took the announcement down due to the timing of NEK bailing.

Man, it was fun, but it was tough going last night. We were discussing after how fat biking one mile can equal three or maybe more compared to dirt riding. Feels damn good!
    Let's see if this comes in sideways or not...

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Man, it was fun, but it was tough going last night. We were discussing after how fat biking one mile can equal three or maybe more compared to dirt riding. Feels damn good!
    Let's see if this comes in sideways or not...
    Yep. I was slogging through some soft snow last night. I managed 8 miles averaging less than 5 mph. Woof. Warmer temps and re-freeze is much needed.

Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    Yep. I was slogging through some soft snow last night. I managed 8 miles averaging less than 5 mph. Woof. Warmer temps and re-freeze is much needed.
    This spot we rode last night we average less than 5mph on dirt! Kinda techy. I'm not sure what we did last night as I didn't track it, but maybe < 2mph.

A lot of untracked for the lunch ride. Slow wide turns was the call as it was a bit greasy.

Sweet

In my years of owning a fatbike I've never seen a winter like this one. This is our third transition back to dirt from a snowpack. Really fd up for sure. Hope we get a change of weather in February for skiings sake.

I've ridden my road bike more often than I've been skiing this winter. Only been XC skiing twice. This blows. Might be down to dirt by the end of the week in central NH and I could go mountain biking I guess.

4.5 hours in the woods yesterday building. The new line is pure punishment and in the end possibly bordering on not fun . Maybe it will just be satifying that you actually cleaned the whole thing without dismounting.

There are a few trails like that that I ride regularly just to see if I'll make it through, not because they're fun.

Should be dry enough to get a good ride in tomorrow, gonna need it because we're taking off for a week and a half and driving down to FL. We have some stuff to do, Bar Mitzvah and a wedding, but bringing the bikes to ride around The Keys for 5 days in between events. I'm putting a basket on mine so I can take beers with me when we ride

Did a big group ride on Saturday at the local Nordic center’s fat bike round up event. A bunch of single track got groomed with a snow dog and then assaulted by 30 + riders. It was a bit soft at first but improved with traffic. Some fun techy trails they got going there....

Went back this am with the skinny skis and bike and opted to ride as the overnight new snow was sticky. The packed trails had firmed up and with the new snow the traction was great. Super fun

I recently scored a wicked deal on a pair of 2019 wolvhammers. Totally changed the riding experience and I’m looking forward to more riding this week when things really freeze up. Should be ideal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone familiar with the Edson Hill fat bike trails up near Stowe? Looking to mix it up with some place new this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    Anyone familiar with the Edson Hill fat bike trails up near Stowe? Looking to mix it up with some place new this weekend.
    There was a Sinuosity post on Fb this week with a map of the place if that helps...

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Fatbike conditions are prime.
    Missed the alpenglow by 5 mins.

But the sunset was good.

Crowds were brutal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Perfer et obdura, hic dolor olim utior tibi. -Ovid

Twister!

Quote Originally Posted by snowday View Post
    Attachment 310797
    Mid January in Western Mass.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Nice work, Laps.

Love sunset rides on cold, clear evenings. Hoping to get out after work and catch some alpen glow.