Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast
    not if you find some piney loam ^^^

I'm selling my 2016 Hightower with a 2019 frame if you know anyone in need. I think it's worth 2k. No rear shock. Figure if someone local wants it they'd buy a better shock.
    Going to post it on Pinkbike for 2300...I'm buying a used shock for like a $100 beforehand.

Large. C s-build.

Yo butterball, I figure you know that Trek bought Goodale's three stores. They're looking for people that like Trek bikes and shit https://outdoorindustryjobs.com/JobD...il?jobID=11640

hey guys, long story short, heading home for a few months, (sept-oct-nov) home base would be western mass and conn, but i can travel anywhere in new england (have a camper van), any quick advice on where to start researching?

Looking for camping and good single track, preference for chill and flowy, can do some technical and jumps but out to relax and not really get my brain rattled the entire ride. I dont even know what state fits the bill? I had originally wanted to do kingdom trails but that's no more? just looking for a direction to get started in.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Yo butterball, I figure you know that Trek bought Goodale's three stores. They're looking for people that like Trek bikes and shit https://outdoorindustryjobs.com/JobD...il?jobID=11640
    You’d think trek would have a different image for their ‘page not found’ of police bikes: https://www.trekbikes.com/us/en_US/b...police/f/F325/

an old Friend I know from SLC, explored Waterworks with me.

Since I’ve been working south, I haven’t ridden Cape E in a while. Solid couple of hours reconnecting with the local stuff.

This section is still fun as hell to clean.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3216.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	2.49 MB 
ID:	336048

Quote Originally Posted by pogs4ever View Post
    hey guys, long story short, heading home for a few months, (sept-oct-nov) home base would be western mass and conn, but i can travel anywhere in new england (have a camper van), any quick advice on where to start researching?

Looking for camping and good single track, preference for chill and flowy, can do some technical and jumps but out to relax and not really get my brain rattled the entire ride. I dont even know what state fits the bill? I had originally wanted to do kingdom trails but that's no more? just looking for a direction to get started in.
    Oh my god there's so much good stuff going on in NW CT now. Try the Norbrook Farms Brewery trails then Burlington, Nassahegon, Cowles and a couple of others. Western Mass is a sort of more limited but go talk to Erik at the Arcadian Shop in Lenox, he's got the local knowledge and knows where the goods are. There's also a few good spots on the NY side of the line like Beebe Hill/Harvey Mt in Ancramdale/Chatham. Lemme know when you get here, I could be convinced to head up there and meet for a ride or three.

New bike day! Shakedown ride today. Need to make some cockpit adjustments but felt great for a few hours out. Really love the way it handles, it’s gonna be a ripper. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3542.JPG 
Views:	121 
Size:	217.7 KB 
ID:	336100Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3543.JPG 
Views:	80 
Size:	233.0 KB 
ID:	336101

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Giddyup ^^^

Riding last night was bliss with the 51` dew point and 60's temp. 4.25" of rain soaked in or ran off and the days breeze dried the roots off for tacky dirt. Not a single track in the upper network nor any blowdowns. Seems we got spared any damage unlike some ares.

Name:	20200805_190002.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	336449
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by AyoBeng View Post
    I’ve been out of commission for over a month after jaw surgery (planned and not related to injury) and should be getting cleared for bike path riding any day now. This is just the news I was looking for, thanks Peruvian!
    Bike ferry starts up next Weds, Aug 12, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by CantDog View Post
    You’d think trek would have a different image for their ‘page not found’ of police bikes: https://www.trekbikes.com/us/en_US/b...police/f/F325/
    🤪

Unexpected day off allowed me to explore Lowell Preserve (which is connected to Blackstrap). Totally different vibe over there - much more rustic and old school opposed to Blackstrap. I’d wager it sees less traffic. Highly recommend for those of you who travel to Portland. If you ride it from Hurricane road at Blackstrap, the way back to the lot is a ripping downhill which allows you to also hit Flow Creek. Super fun. I actually think coming down from the top of Lowell is a more enjoyable down than Flow Creek (but nothing like Raven).

The temps were perfect all day with a nice breeze which kept the bugs at bay.

Name:	IMG_3227.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	2.46 MB 
ID:	336528

Name:	IMG_3228.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	2.29 MB 
ID:	336529

^^ coming down off the top of Lowell is Bueno. Flow creek is fine, Raven is beat to shit, I hardly ride it anymore. One of my faves is starting from Hadlock and heading over to Hurricane. Has that going somewhere feel to it.

I’ve actually never done that route. You’re right about Raven.... it needs TLC

2020 continues to be the year of new bikes--sold off my road bke and freed up cash for new MTB. Ordered a Revel Rascal, Pike Ultimate and RW30 wheelset. Pumped. Hopefully it arrives before the end of year, at this rate.

20/20 NE - I can see clearly now

Countdown to bike ferry.

Name:	IMG_6028.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	1.70 MB 
ID:	336662

Quote Originally Posted by CantDog View Post
    2020 continues to be the year of new bikes--sold off my road bke and freed up cash for new MTB. Ordered a Revel Rascal, Pike Ultimate and RW30 wheelset. Pumped. Hopefully it arrives before the end of year, at this rate.
    Giddeeup!!

They see me rollin’...

Name:	IMG_7331.JPG 
Views:	63 
Size:	240.3 KB 
ID:	336667

Name:	IMG_7334.JPG 
Views:	67 
Size:	244.0 KB 
ID:	336668

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Rode Jay Rec Center for the first time, most of the trails are kinda of Meh, but their flow trail "Big Boss Trail" is pretty cool, I quite frankly suck at Flow trails especially site unseen but I want to get back here and actually hit all the doubles. The berms on this thing are pretty well built.

Heaven's Eleven was fun but flat, in fact the entire place can be summed up as flat, but its a better option for most beginner than most anything else I have seen in Vermont. They have sweet pump track, a little tiny beginner flow trails and some of the flattest single track around.

if you looking for more elevation in this area behind the general store or in Montgomery is your best bet, I was just in town figured Id check out something new.

Rode up there last week. Fun stuff. Wish there was a climbing trail up to do downhill back to Montgomery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Perfer et obdura, hic dolor olim utior tibi. -Ovid

Big thanks to Biggins & Ms. Biggins for being incredible hosts this weekend, with a bevy of yard space for camping, unsolicited meals cooked, and trails toured. Thank you sir & madam!

Fun fun pretty pedals at Peg & STAB. Super fun day at Killington Saturday:

"We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Oh my god there's so much good stuff going on in NW CT now. Try the Norbrook Farms Brewery trails then Burlington, Nassahegon, Cowles and a couple of others. Western Mass is a sort of more limited but go talk to Erik at the Arcadian Shop in Lenox, he's got the local knowledge and knows where the goods are. There's also a few good spots on the NY side of the line like Beebe Hill/Harvey Mt in Ancramdale/Chatham. Lemme know when you get here, I could be convinced to head up there and meet for a ride or three.
    Dude... Do not discount Bachelor Street, Earls, Facing Rock. Hell, Bearhole ain't so bad either - all in Springfield area. Bachelor street is perhaps the best technical riding in the state; there I said it.

Spaced my EC threads and posted this in the ski edition.

Name:	IMG_0165.JPG 
Views:	85 
Size:	176.5 KB 
ID:	336832

Green Woodlands is da bomb

Quote Originally Posted by Pauldotcom View Post
    Dude... Do not discount Bachelor Street, Earls, Facing Rock. Hell, Bearhole ain't so bad either - all in Springfield area. Bachelor street is perhaps the best technical riding in the state; there I said it.
    When I drove through SW Mass on Rt 20 2 years ago I was looking around thinking why doesn't anyone talk about the riding here. Not just the obvious stuff around Springfield but what looked like a lot of empty, wooded, great terrain between there and Lenox/GB.