Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

20/20 NE - I can see clearly now

45 miles of zone 2 pleasure cruising today. I’m loving the lack of traffic on the roads. It’s the best I’ve ever seen it. No fucking cars!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1586728894.787966.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	325035
    crab in my shoe mouth

I rode a million-zillion miles today. I also did not sweat. And I wore flip flops.

Quote Originally Posted by biggins View Post
    I rode a million-zillion miles today. I also did not sweat. And I wore flip flops.
    Good thing you got it in before the rain!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Perfer et obdura, hic dolor olim utior tibi. -Ovid

Quote Originally Posted by biggins View Post
    Everyone knows proper gravel grinding is done in Bedrocks.

Name:	IMG_5378.JPG 
Views:	89 
Size:	617.0 KB 
ID:	325067

I hope, for the love if all that is good, that your legs were cleanly shaved.

So many things about that picture make me uncomfortable.

Yeah, the short socks are so dated. Run em tall! Chris Froome style
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by PhishingME View Post
    My local trail are on the down low, and not officially NEMBA approved. Built by some guys from the local bike shop in the 90s. Really technical, twists with natural features, nice and tight. Some clown came in and basically clear cut any tree that was even on the sides of the trail, never mind the 5 or so trees left you had to shimmy or ride around. I'm livid. I confronted who I thought was the offender, and got a bunch of excuses. Been slowly fixing stuff, but its never going to be the same. WTF
    We have this short super narrow skinny. Width of a tire. It's a granite spine that tapers downhill with a gap...that a tire rolls over no problem...so it's more a mindfuck than anything. Then the base has two trees to thread the needle. The whole thing is non consequential. You fall off and ride out deal. The toughest part was snaking inbetween the trees for the finish because you had to be balanced on the skinny at the end or you were not going to make it. Again, you don't make it, you fall off the side and ride around the tree. For me I'd clean it maybe 50%, bail out pre tree 30%, and 20% just fail. Two weeks ago one tree is cut down. We're like wtf! Come to find out it was our friend who built the trail...ahhhhhh! Oh well...

Many trails I've built have been dumbed down and I'm trying real hard to just roll with it. Real hard...

Tiagra?

Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    So many things about that picture make me uncomfortable.
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    Tiagra?
    Yes that and the sight of a front derailleur.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    I hope, for the love if all that is good, that your legs were cleanly shaved.
    Legs, full Brazillian, and a reverse Mr. T. Trying times call for creative grooming.

New bike question/technology please. from about 2007-2013 i was riding a norco six and my riding was i guess what is called all mtn-mostly riding trumbull ct if you have ever been. I stopped for a few years and in 2017 was looking to get back into. i couldnt believe how much everything had changed i.e. 29er etc. im mid 40's and never have been tech savy so i explained my current riding style to a youngster and my budget and he pointed me to this: https://www.vitalmtb.com/product/gui...ial-650b,19014 i was always into new england technical riding/drops/rollers etc. my days of drops are over but still love the hard core technical riding we have in north east. my main riding in vermont is perry hill/little river/stowe-love a trail like rasta man for example. my main riding in ct is trout brook, hungtinton and trumbull. in the 3 years since i bought this bike (which i love) it seems like the evolution keeps going so if you made it this far into this jumbled post my question is, is this still the right bike for me (not brand/components etc, but wheels/geometry). i want to make my climbs but going down is more important. i always thought that down kept the tire at 26 but i see that has changed? is an 29 enduro with more travel what i am looking for? again, obviously need to try but thats not happening any time soon so just curious if someone has a newer ride that they love for this type of riding. tks for reading

Wait until bike shops open and demo some bikes. Slack HTA and steep STA are all the rage.

IDK, but that bike is pretty sweet actually. Yeah, stuff is a bit more slack, but that bike is more than capable for most.

Having been on a 2016 Meta TR650 bike for a while, and now a Meta TR29, yes, it's a great bike for our stuff. I'm in Danbury and have ridden in Trumbull a fair bit. It'll handle anything in their that you have the urge for at this point. They are on the burly/heavy side of the trail bike coin for sure.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Thanks for replies. Scrub you are the perfect one to answer then, just between those do you like the 29 better? did you consider the AM when you got the new one?

Wait until bike shops open and demo some bikes. Slack HTA and steep STA are all the rage.
    Demo'd the new Bronson last Fall, was determined to not have it make my V2 Bronson feel old. Gotta say the STA was noticeable, fucking bike industry

Name:	Hunt.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	2.86 MB 
ID:	325263
    abrupt end to ski season has me on most days mtb as far as i can remember, this is Hungtinton park in redding ct last week

So I moved east last fall and have been bummed by the flattness of all the trails near Boston. What are the closest areas I can get at least a few hundred vertical of descending in? I don't want to travel to far or hit anything too knar until the virus has calmed down a bit. I will hopefully be hitting highland this summer if it's safe but would love a decent option close to home (just north of boston)

Quote Originally Posted by carlh View Post
    So I moved east last fall and have been bummed by the flattness of all the trails near Boston. What are the closest areas I can get at least a few hundred vertical of descending in? I don't want to travel to far or hit anything too knar until the virus has calmed down a bit. I will hopefully be hitting highland this summer if it's safe but would love a decent option close to home (just north of boston)
    Vert? Probably the stairs at Bunker Hill.

Western MA. There are 3 great trail networks about an hour and change from you. Facing Rock in Ludlow, where you will average more than 1,000 feet per 10 miles, and Bachelor Street/Earls in Amherst, in which you will average about the same.

@Crippity-

I ride a 2016 enduro 29, so not exactly super modern, but I think it makes a great trail bike. Not super slack, 160 mm travel, with a set of 30mm wide rims and a 2.6 tire, it is light enough and climbs well enough to make having an almost dh bike on the trails worth it. I love being able to hit anything I want, be able to take any line I want and just keep rolling. I wouldn’t want to buy a new trail bike that didn’t have 130-160 mm travel, 2.6 tires, and a 65-67* head angle.

After work grind. Freshly graded roads keep you on your toes.

Flat section.

Name:	IMG_5381.JPG 
Views:	64 
Size:	213.2 KB 
ID:	325276

Single track action pic.

Name:	IMG_5383.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	2.05 MB 
ID:	325277

Got a little wet.

Name:	IMG_5382.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	2.61 MB 
ID:	325278

20 miles, 1800’.

graded roads keep you on your toes.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    We have this short super narrow skinny. Width of a tire. It's a granite spine that tapers downhill with a gap...that a tire rolls over no problem...so it's more a mindfuck than anything. Then the base has two trees to thread the needle. The whole thing is non consequential. You fall off and ride out deal. The toughest part was snaking inbetween the trees for the finish because you had to be balanced on the skinny at the end or you were not going to make it. Again, you don't make it, you fall off the side and ride around the tree. For me I'd clean it maybe 50%, bail out pre tree 30%, and 20% just fail. Two weeks ago one tree is cut down. We're like wtf! Come to find out it was our friend who built the trail...ahhhhhh! Oh well...

Many trails I've built have been dumbed down and I'm trying real hard to just roll with it. Real hard...

I've been "fixing" the damage with selectively placed rocks, wood, and leaves to hide obvious B lines. The damage can't really be undone. Doing my best.