Ridewrap Frame Protection..

Anyone have a discount code?
    Just thought I would ask.
    Anyone use their kits?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

No code. Their kits are killer. Big fan of their stuff. Have had wraps from them on 3 bikes now, and will continue to use them. If you’re somewhat local to whistler, it’s a pretty solid deal to have them install the kit on your frame.

I got it done on my bronson and it's been solid for the past year. Their office is a few doors down from ours in function so it was worth dropping it off in the morning and picking it up done in the aft. A bit pricey, but so are the bikes it protects, I think it's been worth it personally.

Yeah, I was going to ask my local shop if they would do it for ~$75.00 while they are super slow this winter. They might be psyched to do it, not sure yet.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Yeah, I was going to ask my local shop if they would do it for ~$75.00 while they are super slow this winter. They might be psyched to do it, not sure yet.
    Good call. I’ve installed four of them and had the last one installed by RideWrap. I didn’t miss the frustration and fretting of trying to line everything up.

for < 25 $ you can get a roll of 4" wide 3M that will do a pretty good job, IME most of the hits will be top of toptube/bottom of down tube/ sides of chainstays/seatstays so 4" wide will wrap around pretty good

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	film 1.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	641.1 KB 
ID:	310484
    Last edited by XXX-er; 01-13-2020 at 02:36 PM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

For me, Shelter tape is the way to go for downtube and stays. Actual impact protection instead of just cosmetic.

I use Expel Ultimate elsewhere. Can be ordered cheap in any size and length you want.

Both are multi-layer self healing. The Expel Ultimate is 8 mil (mili-inch) I believe whereas the Ridewrap might be 10? Shelter is 47 mil or around 2.5 mm so, different world of protection.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

Ooh, so you like it thiccck.
    Duly noted.

I just spent the better part of 2 weeks cutting and applying some 4" helicopter tape to mrs jm2e's new rig any free moment at night or rainy weekend day I could spare. In hindsight it would have been well worth buying a kit for $92 bucks, given that a roll of helicopter tape cost me $25 bucks.
    Pro-tip for installation of protective tape: lots of soapy water and a hair dryer. That's how the clear bra car guys do it, according to youtube.
    However many are in a shit ton.

for the curvy bits I used a 25% solution of alcohol and water and that worked pretty good
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I need something for my new frame and I'm on the fence about getting the Ridewrap kit. How much of a pain is the install? I've heard Invisiframe can take much patience and time to install and I don't think I have the patience for that.

I used Shelter tape on my last frame it was great but quite thick and bulky but the impact protection was impressive. Considering Shelter tape for just the down tube and the basic coverage RideWrap for the rest.

Soapy water in a spray bottle pretty much solves installation anxiety. Spray the frame, spray your hands, spray both sides of the tape. Slide it, move it, pull it up, get it where you want it and squeegee out the wet. Finish with a hair dryer if you want. Use a needle to pop any remaining bubbles if they’re bugging you.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    Soapy water in a spray bottle pretty much solves installation anxiety. Spray the frame, spray your hands, spray both sides of the tape. Slide it, move it, pull it up, get it where you want it and squeegee out the wet. Finish with a hair dryer if you want. Use a needle to pop any remaining bubbles if they’re bugging you.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Great advice, thanks. Good to know I can use a hairdryer. Def pulling the trigger on RideWrap.