Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by old mexico View Post
    Senchi designs is the super hip version.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Sheesh you cant evene buy anything just like melanzana

There's multiple other brands with sowing quality as good or better than Senchi. Superior Fleece has orders open most Mondays. FarpointeOG has regular drops and will do custom orders. Ive been trying a few of these over the past year and will say Norrona feels like well engineered but do have a bit of extra weight via zippers etc. The smaller brands feel hand sown but are more ultralight focused.

Alpha direct just means there's no face fabric. It's the same stuff otherwise. I picked up the norrona alpha 120 recently and have had trouble taking it off cuz it's so fabulous. Def get the 120 over the 90 regardless of the application. Face fabric runs contrary to the whole alpha concept so going naked is the answer. Super breathability and very impressive warmth to weight ratio with the bonus being that the alpha feels nice enough next to the skin to skip the long sleeve base layer.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by Relica View Post
    There's multiple other brands with sowing quality as good or better than Senchi. Superior Fleece has orders open most Mondays. FarpointeOG has regular drops and will do custom orders. Ive been trying a few of these over the past year and will say Norrona feels like well engineered but do have a bit of extra weight via zippers etc. The smaller brands feel hand sown but are more ultralight focused.
    Okay sweet, any other brands?

Checkout the Mountain Hardwear "Airmesh" https://www.mountainhardwear.com/c/airmesh-collection/

It's a different material, Teijin Octa, but the same concept and similar properties. The upside is you can go into REI and buy one. I love mine and I have also owned various alpha direct fleeces (including some of the ultralight garage made ones mentioned above)

Alpha is great. Breathability range is massive. Have norrona alpha fuzz with polartec light in a fleece type hoody. Also the OR jacket with pertex shell and raw alpha inside. Have the Norrona 3/4 legging same way. It’s just so soft.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Quote Originally Posted by Relica View Post
    I didn't realize Superior Fleece is working with other fabrics. I love the Superior Fleece hoodie that my wife got me a couple of years ago and now I know I'll be ordering more. My wife also has a couple hoodies and hats that she loves. Plus the people there are good humans!

How much does it shed? Intriguing but looks like it sheds like a dog.

https://superiorfleece.com/collectio...s-brule-hoodie

Great price ($72) and makes and ships it fast (~1 week). Local guy in my neighborhood, so I am biased, haha!

You can’t beat the weight and breathability of these naked UL Alpha pieces.

Add some weight back in your (wind/soft/hard)shell to have full zip, pit zips and venting cuffs, and you can regulate a super wide temperature range by opening and closing venting.
    If that is still to warm, it won’t take up much weight in your pack.
    Can be worn next to skin very well too.
    Comfy for hut/camping wear.

I have not noticed significant shedding.

Definitely buying one of those when he opens up the next round of orders. Thanks for passing that on!
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!

I’ve got the OR jacket with this fabric and it’s been great with no shedding. Altho it’s got a shell on the outside and the polartec fabric is exposed on the inside.

They have been on my radar for awhile and I'll probably pick one up.

If we are in the shilling game, for something a tad warmer, I swear by these. I have 2 in constant rotation.

https://appalachiangearcompany.com/
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Superior fleece sale starts in about 15 minutes. Gonna grab me an alpha 120 hoodie for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    Superior fleece sale starts in about 15 minutes. Gonna grab me an alpha 120 hoodie for sure!
    Thanks for the heads up, snagged an alpha 120 myself.

Only American shipping, lame

Quote Originally Posted by Tjaardbreeuwer View Post
    https://superiorfleece.com/collectio...s-brule-hoodie

Great price ($72) and makes and ships it fast (~1 week). Local guy in my neighborhood, so I am biased, haha!

You can’t beat the weight and breathability of these naked UL Alpha pieces.

Add some weight back in your (wind/soft/hard)shell to have full zip, pit zips and venting cuffs, and you can regulate a super wide temperature range by opening and closing venting.
    If that is still to warm, it won’t take up much weight in your pack.
    Can be worn next to skin very well too.
    Comfy for hut/camping wear.

I have not noticed significant shedding.
    Such an odd business model, do you know how many orders he gets on average for a sale?

For those considering it my alpha 120 hoodie from superior fleece is simple piece but I've been wearing it a bunch already and it is going to get a lot of time in the rotation next winter. Stitching and construction are quite basic but no loose threads or irregular seams. No frills, no pockets, no zippers. Large is a bit big on me at 6 180 and the arms are plenty long which is something I often have trouble with. Could have prolly done a medium. Highly recommended if you want a basic functional piece made entirely of alpha.

^Same experience with my 120gsm hoodie. Small is good for me at 5'9" 135lbs, definitely a bit larger than other brands' size Small, but that's what I was looking for and it's true to their size chart. One word of warning: the "pumpkin" color looks like a burnt orange on their site, but it's closer to hi-vis orange. Curious to see how durable it is, although I imagine the fabric itself will fail before the seams.
    kittyhump.com - Fund Max, Cat Appreciation, Bike