WTB: Line Pescado

Prefer a mount for a 306 ish BSL for pivots but at least room to mount for a 306. Let me know what you've got.

Sent from my moto e6 using TGR Forums mobile app

Bump

Sent from my moto e6 using TGR Forums mobile app

I almost responded about mine but decided to take them up for a day to make sure. I'm keeping them. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Utagonian View Post
    I almost responded about mine but decided to take them up for a day to make sure. I'm keeping them. Good luck.
    Nice

I’ll sell you my 184 Folsom Powfish so I can buy another set of pescados. I’d love to re-expand my quiver...

But I thought the pescado was too wide and the powfish was "it"?

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    But I thought the pescado was too wide and the powfish was "it"?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

? So is the powfish it?

Yes, powfish vs pescado comparison plz

Quote Originally Posted by KillerMonkey View Post
    So I really do need to spend more time on the powfish, so this is only a preliminary quick shot... I have exclusively skied the powfish in 2-4 feet of wind affected light fluffy goodness.

I Love them. I love the Pescado. Do I want both of them back in my life? Yes. But the one gets jealous of the other, cuz her hips are wider, and her waist more shapely, and her "tips" are better looking, and then it's an argument all over again...

I miss the quick slice of the pescados tip, yet I love the easy float and predictable slarve and slash of the powfish. I like both, for different yet similar reasons.

If I could dream up a combo, it would be a Pescado that's the width of the Powfish. I like the weight distibution, flex, and shape characteristics of the Pescado better, but I like the Width and extra length of the powfish better. I might need to play around with mount point on the powfish, I think they could go back from recommended, but I haven't tested that out yet.

TLDR: Pescado gets more points for flex/swing weight/ride quality in the fluff and low angle chop. The powfish gets points for versatility, extra stability on steeps, but isn't quite as good in low angle chopped stuff due to more tip rise/angles and a softer tip flex, which at the same time is a good thing in some situations...

Quote Originally Posted by KillerMonkey View Post
    An additional thought... the powfish tip/tail have more rocker length/less camber length than the pescado. I believe the pescado camber profile is superior, because the camber/sidecut goes back to the very end of the tail, so the mount point is further back, and they have all the power/snap/pop in all the right places yet the tail sinks and roots you into your turns in the bottomless white sea, and the pow fish loses some of the precision and power in the tail, but gains some extra shmear and slarve and yet retains the added stability of the extra length. I still feel like I want a 115mm pescado... WTF Line... just make a 3rd fish already... and add some different lengths... 202 pescado anyone? 180-125-170 FTW...

10/10 loved your answer. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Climber Joe View Post
    An additional thought... the powfish tip/tail have more rocker length/less camber length than the pescado. I believe the pescado camber profile is superior, because the camber/sidecut goes back to the very end of the tail, so the mount point is further back, and they have all the power/snap/pop in all the right places yet the tail sinks and roots you into your turns in the bottomless white sea, and the pow fish loses some of the precision and power in the tail, but gains some extra shmear and slarve and yet retains the added stability of the extra length. I still feel like I want a 115mm pescado... WTF Line... just make a 3rd fish already... and add some different lengths... 202 pescado anyone? 180-125-170 FTW...
    Very interesting, seems like powfish is almost a little more pow oriented, more rocker, better at slarving.

I guess it just reinforces how much I love my pescados when I arc that hard carve through some deep pow and then how fun they get when stuff gets tracked out and I am bopping from one pile to another.

I think Folsom doesn’t have enough production and R&D to really nail a ski like this, but I think they did well. Eric Pollard with Line has been slowly working over 10+ years to create a pretty unique pow skiing experience. Look at the difference between the pescado and the EP Pro, they are so much different It’s crazy.

So yeah, both really fun skis, but the pescado is more fun maybe?