Page 11 of 58 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB 2020 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    do these people even like baseball?

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...umber-teams-14
    I guess this is the Wilpon Amendment.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    If anyone missed it the Astros talked about the cheating scandal today. It went like this:

Astros owner: Nothing we did fundamentally changed the outcome of the games

Reporter: Just to be clear you're saying you didn't fundamentally change the outcome of the games?

Astros owner: I never said that
    The Astros just need to own being the heel at this point like the old school Oakland teams. Take your beanings and then just wreck em on the scoreboard. They have the talent.

I shouldn't be surprised that this story just won't die being its baseball but yet here I am surprised.
    Live Free or Die

Butt hurt Yankees fans won’t let it die.

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    The Astros just need to own being the heel at this point like the old school Oakland teams. Take your beanings and then just wreck em on the scoreboard. They have the talent.

I shouldn't be surprised that this story just won't die being its baseball but yet here I am surprised.
    What I am curious to see most is the astros home attendance. Coming off another WS appearance, they should be a sellout most nights; will be curious if attendance is off by some not willing to support cheaters. I know i'm not going unless someone else is paying for that reason.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

why would it die, the dudes who got fucked by the cheating are just now showing up to Spring training and speaking to the press.
    If you put your hand in my pocket and take my money, you fuck up how I am perceived, remembered by people, I aint just gonna that shit die. I am going to call you out with every opportunity I have

good point about the money, I didn't think about that part

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    why would it die, the dudes who got fucked by the cheating are just now showing up to Spring training and speaking to the press.
    If you put your hand in my pocket and take my money, you fuck up how I am perceived, remembered by people, I aint just gonna that shit die. I am going to call you out with every opportunity I have
    I think the money part is fair for select guys, like that crappy pitcher who in his last appearance got lit the fuck up by them then couldn’t land a job after.

But Bellinger from the Dodgers? That guy didn’t have jack shit stolen from him.

Maybe if Bellinger didn't strike out seventeen times in that series the outcome might have been in Los Doyer's favor.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

So... no on the cognitive dissonance from the ‘Stros owner?

Huh, I thought it was noteworthy.
    I still call it The Jake.

It's interesting but I don't know what it says exactly. I mean he says A and then he says, no, B. I guess his brain was still warming up when he said A? Odd for sure.

Tbh, I really don't care what they have to say. It's empty words on stuff like this no matter the team.

https://twitter.com/Nationals/status...547808257?s=20

But these words are alright by me. Nats feeling skippy today on their feed.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    https://twitter.com/Nationals/status...547808257?s=20

But these words are alright by me. Nats feeling skippy today on their feed.
    That’s hilarious.

I heard Trevor Bauer go on a 20 minute uninterrupted, yet totally sanguine, rant last night on the Reds Hot Stove League on iHeartRadio about the Astros. It was pretty great.

I love when sports guys go unfiltered.
    Though Aubrey Huff can eat a dick.

I think the money part is fair for select guys, like that crappy pitcher who in his last appearance got lit the fuck up by them then couldn’t land a job after.

But Bellinger from the Dodgers? That guy didn’t have jack shit stolen from him.
    All players who compete in the postseason receive a playoff bonus, but the amount depends on how far their team advances. The further they make it, the bigger the share they earn. In 2017, players earned a record $84.5 million from postseason bonuses, and the winning Houston Astros team split a record $30.4 million.

Plus all the pitchers whose performances got fucked by the scheme, one sued but Yu Darvish? that guy lost money. any reliever in their division whose numbers got whacked by their scheme lost money moving forward

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Butt hurt Yankees fans won’t let it die.
    It's baseball man. this is the sport that put an unofficial asterisk on maris's record because he hit 61 with an extra 8 games in the official season.

the books are cooked now. they cheated to win systematically as a team. guys retired without getting the chance to play in the big show because of this stuff. some guys, like girardi, got fired. and all of those individual awards like Altuve's were stolen from more deserving players, not to mention the guys that washed out.

to top it off, the punishment seems pretty light. a few million bucks when the pot was worth easily a hundred times that? it's bullshit.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

One of the regulars at my second favorite dive bar played in the majors for 11 years. I asked him about the Astros and he was pissed. Absolutely gives the batter a huge advantage. He also said there will likely be a lot of head hunting unless MLB gets on top of it
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

^^^Paraphrasing from an article I read: which means that the pitchers who tag an Astro this season could face suspensions longer than any Astros player received for cheating.

Trout weighs in...
    https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...ore-punishment

"It was a player-driven thing. It sucks, too, because guys' careers have been affected, a lot of people lost jobs. It was tough. Me going up to the plate knowing what was coming -- it would be pretty fun up there."

One can only imagine Trout knowing what was coming, damn.

^^^Paraphrasing from an article I read: which means that the pitchers who tag an Astro this season could face suspensions longer than any Astros player received for cheating.
    unfortunately it will be that way. if mlb started suspending astro players, where do they stop; supposedly everyone knew and does the players union get involved; makes it a mess for the mlb; mlb did what it could do to move on.

agree with the no throwing warning as it is possible to make someone into a vegetable with a 90 mph fastball; but there were plenty of teams that did not cheat that want something. I suspect a lot of players will be coming into second and third with spikes up for altuve and bregman.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    I love when sports guys go unfiltered.
    Though Aubrey Huff can eat a dick.
    “Earlier this month, we reached out to Aubrey Huff to let him know that he will not be included in the upcoming 2010 World Series Championship reunion. Aubrey has made multiple comments on social media that are unacceptable and run counter to the values of our organization. While we appreciate the many contributions that Aubrey made to the 2010 championship season, we stand by our decision,” the Giants said in a statement

I think it is wishful thinking that these guys aren't getting thrown at no matter what the league does.

I also think the league knows the unwritten rules exist and is going to turn a blind eye to player retribution unless players actually start headhunting. Couple sore backs though are going to go unnoticed.
    Live Free or Die

Let’s see how unwritten the rules of baseball really are once the games start to count.

Can you come off as more aloof, or disinterested, or clueless than Rob Manfred?

I mean, it's America, so there will be some #HARAMBE incident to take our minds off this soon enough, but man, what a fucking dolt on repeat.

Can you come off as more aloof, or disinterested, or clueless than Rob Manfred?

I mean, it's America, so there will be some #HARAMBE incident to take our minds off this soon enough, but man, what a fucking dolt on repeat.
    I’m convinced he’s a plant for Adam Silver to maker sure they keep losing ground to the NBA.