Page 24 of 58 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB 2020 Thread

It’s not a real season, so don’t cram it down my throat as such. But every game counts that much more, so let’s see if they play it as such. 6 pitching changes in game one will see if that is so...ah fuck.

https://theathletic.com/1870649/2020...sign-stealing/

Judge orders a letter from Manfred to Yanks about some 2017 sign stealing unsealed, but Yanks argue it will call severe reputational harm to someone. Yanks want to have “minor” redactions to protect the person/s?
    Well, if it is true, put the names out or we will just crucify the hunch’s in the court of public opinion.

Kumbaya, the fire circle is getting larger.

30 for 30 Long Gone Summer.

Man, I really miss 2 things: baseball and the 90s.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by powpig View Post
    Looks like we will have a season, just as Manfred said earlier this week. Most probably the 50 game sprint the owners can impose and which the players must accept.
    Short article here, love the last paragraph.

MLB Owners Have Made The Same Offer To Players Again
    To so many people, the players alienated the fans. Public bitching from millionaires is not the way to win anyone over when so many people lost their job or are fighting to keep what they have. That's what's going to resonate, not anything by a commissioner that over 50% of fans don't know the name of.

Side with the billionaires over millionaires, it’s 2020

In normal years, I would be more pissed at the lot of them. With life as it is, I am pretty indifferent about it all right now. And that is kinda sad.

bash brothers was pretty weird and artsy. amusing stuff but it's basically like ten short videos like the ones i posted -- not full length. 6/10

i wonder how bolsinger's lawsuit against the asterisks is going.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

owners on the clock, deadline today

“If it is your intention to unilaterally impose a season, we again request that you inform us and our members of how many games you intend to play and when and where players should report,” Meyer wrote in the Saturday letter obtained by Newsday. “It is unfair to leave players and the fans hanging at this point, and further delay risks compromising health and safety."

“We demand that you inform us of your plans by close of business on Monday, June 15.”
    good timeline here too.
    https://www.newsday.com/sports/colum...Z-FKZiZFyLrLWI

Just heard this, only place to put it.

6-8 owners don’t want a season? They need to be named & shamed. The only legal monopoly in the US and they are fucking it up.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    6-8 owners don’t want a season? They need to be named & shamed. The only legal monopoly in the US and they are fucking it up.
    Agree. Manfred is their puppet and any sense of mediator went out the window ages ago.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    You can start by looking through the small market teams.

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    Here’s the dumbest person on tgr
    "What are you trying to say? I'm crazy? When I went to your ski schools, I went on your church trips, I went to your alpine race-training facilities? So how can you say I'm crazy?!"

Free D Cell day at the ballpark?

I’m coming to grips with never seeing Frankie in a Tribe uniform again.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    In normal years, I would be more pissed at the lot of them. With life as it is, I am pretty indifferent about it all right now. And that is kinda sad.
    Yep, I'm right there with you. I don't care one bit if they play or not. Of course, I'm more concerned with my own business and the general health and well-being of my friends/family, but the whole situation is sad and stupid. Both sides need a little awareness of what's going on in the real world, and try to act accordingly. But that's obviously too much to ask.

The negotiation process and the universal DH have made me sour on the sport I loved since I was a kid. Dodger fan since the mid 70s. Spent a lot of time and energy and Money. for what? fuck them. Still will play the game with my son and go to his games, support whatever local minor league survives all this, but MLB is dead to me.

Been real gents.

How about they instead structure some sort of a World BB league that begins 8/1 and ends around 10/1?

I would enjoy the hell out of that.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Manfred quickly rejected the 70 game proposal from the Players Union after the 60 game proposal seemed to be good to go just a day before.

WTF people (owners)?

If all you want is a 60 day season then you just stall until you can only do a 60 day season.

I don't believe the owners want to play at all this year.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Free D Cell day at the ballpark?

I’m coming to grips with never seeing Frankie in a Tribe uniform again.
    At least you won’t be blacked out from watching him in a Dodgers uni when baseball returns in 2023.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    If all you want is a 60 day season then you just stall until you can only do a 60 day season.

neither do.

40 mil out of work, MLB teams have cut staff and minor league rosters but their clueless that they both need to realize how greedy they look. if the riots and protests didn't have center stage, they might end up behind the usa soccer leagues on public interest with how bad they are acting.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

Torii Hunter had a no trade clause to the Red Sox. And he wasn't the only black player who did.

I just learned that Yawkey had a chance to sign Willie Mays, and passed on it simply due to racism. No wonder it took so long to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post

They just closed spring training sites due to spreading Corona. This season is fucked, and football is toast, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Torii Hunter had a no trade clause to the Red Sox. And he wasn't the only black player who did.

I just learned that Yawkey had a chance to sign Willie Mays, and passed on it simply due to racism. No wonder it took so long to win.

Yawkey was quite the racist IIRC. World is full of shitheads, but they are the minority. Looking forward to them at least having to go back into hiding...I hope.
    As for the season ahead (derp), still looking for that last fuck to give in the sofa cushions. Haven’t found it yet.