Page 35 of 58 FirstFirst ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB 2020 Thread

Joe Kelly is a stud. Losing Mookie was worse, but losing Kelly still sucked. He just went up a couple notches in my book.

So they are talking about doubleheader’s possibly going to 7 inning games. It just keeps getting better.

But Sox somehow overcome DeGrom. So that’s how this season is going to go. 10 wins, but mostly quality wins.

Quote Originally Posted by half-fast View Post
    So the Sox lost 2 of 3 to a AAA team?
    Oh yeah. They only have AA pitching at this point

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    But Sox somehow overcome DeGrom. So that’s how this season is going to go. 10 wins, but mostly quality wins.
    9 of them will be with Evoaldi on the mound. One will be when they put up 18 runs.

Bravos Markakis has opted back in to the season.

I guess after he saw Freddie go 4-5 with a HR after what he’s been through he might as well giver a go.
    I still call it The Jake.

Or his wife wants him out of the house.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

This is our friends brother. I met him a few times when he hosted us (kids baseball team) at the Pawsox games. Super nice guy. Fuck Covid.
    https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...lated-covid-19

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Or his wife wants him out of the house.
    Or he's missing the strip clubs.

Dodger's game last night was glorious. hit pause to walk the dogs at the end of the ninth assuming it would be a short tenth and had nearly another hour of exciting baseball to watch.

mlb-new-extra-innings-rule-here-surprise-glorious
    bumps are for poor people

getting better: (from twitter)

The Philadelphia Phillies have canceled workouts today after a coach and clubhouse attendant tested positive for coronavirus. Activities are shut down “until further notice,” according to the team.

Fuck these Tribe starters are good!

Beiber follows up last nights 8IP shutout start of Plesac with his own Shutout 8IP performance of his own (2-0 0.00 ERA), and the Cuyahoga kids notch a 2-0 victory over the Twinkies.

ROLL TRIBE

Watching this Sox-Mets game on Fox right now, I guess that's recorded, piped-in crowd noise? And if they're gonna do that, why not cgi in fans in the seats? These cardboard cutouts are cheesy.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Watching this Sox-Mets game on Fox right now, I guess that's recorded, piped-in crowd noise? And if they're gonna do that, why not cgi in fans in the seats? These cardboard cutouts are cheesy.
    The trashcan cutouts aren’t cheesy.

Don’t insult my intelligence with no damn cgi. NBA ones were a freaking joke.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    Don’t insult my intelligence with no damn cgi. NBA ones were a freaking joke.
    Yeah, that just looked f’ing weird.

At least with baseball, when the camera is in on the pitcher and batter, and the ambient sound is on, it feels and looks like a normal game (empty lower bowl seats at Yankee Stadium amirite?).

Actually, if I had the ability to do the CGI, I could have a lot of fun with that. Just imagine the possibilities when making up characters.

You mean like having Joe Kelly with a fake video camera sitting next to a trash can in the stands for Astros games?

I was thinking more of a hot babe or two sitting next to sugar daddy on his phone all the time, and she does a quick boob flash every now and then. Stuff like that.

Hey, maybe real life characters, too, like that couple from St. Louis flashing their guns at Cub players a few times, and looking real paranoid the rest of the game.

Fred and Jeff Wilpon sitting next to Bernie Madoff?

If these guys aren’t in the bleachers than CGI has failed us.

Well it was fun while it lasted.......SMH.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...ng-coronavirus
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Roger Goodell says, sheeiit, hold my beer.

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    Well it was fun while it lasted.......SMH.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...ng-coronavirus
    Yeah ok pal. This from the same guy that had months to figure shit out but was busy slurping owner cock.

NEW YORK—Moving in formation across the first-base line as terrified players scrambled into the dugout, federal troops reportedly tear-gassed the New York Yankees off the field Friday so President Donald Trump could throw out the first pitch before their opening home game. Sources confirmed that minutes before their contest against the Boston Red Sox was scheduled to begin, dozens of federal troops rushed onto the field and set upon the Yankees starters, pushing them into foul territory with riot shields and beating several of them—including Brett Gardner, Gio Urshela, and Gleyber Torres—with batons. Yankees players and coaches were heard to shout that they had no idea what was happening until they noticed a golf cart emerge from the bullpen with the president, who proceeded to stand on the mound and thank everyone for coming. As the tear gas near the dugout dissipated, federal agents in full riot gear could be seen placing zip cuffs on the Yankees’ relievers and attempting to confiscate cameras from the TV crew filming the game. At press time, team sources had confirmed they had been unaware of the president’s planned attendance, while Trump posed for pictures holding a baseball before dropping it on the mound and walking away.

In any other year, that would be good for a laugh. Now it’s like, “sounds like The Onion, but I better google that shit first”.