Page 8 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB 2020 Thread

Now the Dodgers need to lose Pollock.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Frankie finally told the media what he’s looking for. Kinda.

“If you were going to start a team with one player, who would the top 5 be?”

He’s not wrong. I’d say he’s number 2 in the game easy.

Anyone got $400M my team can borrow?
    I still call it The Jake.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mookie.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	863.4 KB 
ID:	314053

He's great. Enjoy. I hope you guys keep him after this year and keep him away from the fuckin Yanks. Mookie's gonna be a very very rich man next year.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    He's great. Enjoy. I hope you guys keep him after this year and keep him away from the fuckin Yanks. Mookie's gonna be a very very rich man next year.
    Nomah is already showing him all the bennies of LA vs Cold East Coast cities where the press is obsessed with the local baseball team
    Brianna is never gonna let him leave

great !

yankees-dodgers world series for the forseeable future(sarcasm). better than the cheatin' astros, but to think the brewers, rockies, twins or rays are making it thru those buzzsaws isn't realistic.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

Quote Originally Posted by SkiCougar View Post
    great !

yankees-dodgers world series for the forseeable future(sarcasm). better than the cheatin' astros, but to think the brewers, rockies, twins or rays are making it thru those buzzsaws isn't realistic.
    No the Nationals winning the NL and the Series after losing their "best" player wasnt realistic, those teams just have long odds.

Dont win baseball games & world series rings on paper, ask the 2001 Mariners, 2017, 18, & 19 Dodgers, 88 & 90 Oakland A's, 1988 Mets, 2006 Mets, 1996 Braves, 86 Red Sox, 2001 Yankees I could go on....

Since 2006 ( picked because thats the year I moved to NYC and started talking about how awesome a 1981 rematch would be with many Yanks fan friends) the Dodgers ( 1268) and the Yankees ( 1304) have won the most games in baseball yet we have yet to see those teams meet in the world series.

Baseball, especially since the WC addition, is anything but predictable

In wake of Astros cheating Pete asks for reinstatement https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...-reinstatement

With Betts and Price the Dodgers might actually win for the first time since 1988....

How about this haul for the sox? Verdugo is 23 and has back problems and the other guy is 21......
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    With Betts and Price the Dodgers might actually win for the first time since 1988....

really that long, I wasn't aware..
    please share more painful facts with me

Pfft. 1948 weaklings.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Pfft. 1948 weaklings.
    1986 here. I bow to your greater ineptness. But really, would you rather have the Mets?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    1986 here. I bow to your greater ineptness. But really, would you rather have the Mets?
    Fair point Danno. No, no I wouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post

Don’t forget, Price told Sox fans after the WS that he saved all of his playoff wins for Boston.

And it sounds like the sale to the billionaire has fallen through. Grim times indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post
    And it sounds like the sale to the billionaire has fallen through. Grim times indeed.
    It could be worse. We could be the Knicks.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

It could be worse. We could be the Knicks.
    That's 3D chess level ineptitude. With purpose.

How James Dolan is related to Tribe owner Larry Dolan and father Charles is beyond me. He must be the Domino's delivery guy's kid.

Boswell on Baseball is always good: https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...dfb_story.html

FUCK...Paxton out 3-4 mos, back surgery.
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

I am fucking bummed. That is all.
    And not about Paxton.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    In wake of Astros cheating Pete asks for reinstatement https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...-reinstatement
    After he dies. The veterans will not give him the pleasure of the speech on the lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    After he dies. The veterans will not give him the pleasure of the speech on the lawn.
    Interesting, so you think the ban gets lifted and then one day the Veterans Committee, or whatever its called anymore, eventually lets the man who holds MLB records for games played, at bats, hits and singles into the actual Hall (not your Hall of Juicers and Almost-Great: featuring the frozen head of Ted Williams next to the jar of pickled eggs - across the street)?

Personally, I think the ban should have been lifted when he first appealed to Manfred, but the fact that he continued being Pete - make a buck at all costs, including the book where he finally admits betting, the resurfaced stories that he slept around with minor girls when he first came up - it was just all too much; easy to say no.

His recent appeal has a valid point though: it has never been alleged, much less proven, that his actions altered the outcome of the games. The same can not be said of the Houston (and probably Boston) players, nevermind the juicers to some degree different.

I think they let him in after he dies and he never makes it into the Hall which would make perfect sense given the pompous jagoffs that do things like submit 5 name ballots of guys with no shot while leaving off names they included in a ballot of 10 the year before.

It looks like current odds have reinstatement at +500. Where do you think Charlie Hustle put his money?

oof. NYTimes compares Mookie deal to selling Babe Ruth: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/06/s...kie-betts.html