Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ... 53 54 55 56 57 58
Results 1,426 to 1,441 of 1441

Thread: MLB 2020 Thread

Apologies irul, that may have been a it much especially considering your normally courteous discourse.

Gentlemen, I beg to differ.

You can differ, but it doesn't make this WS win any less different. It was way different. When things are way different, they note it with an asterisk.

Go Giants!

Quote Originally Posted by GiBo View Post
    You can differ, but it doesn't make this WS win any less different. It was way different. When things are way different, they note it with an asterisk.

Go Giants!
    So by that logic, 89 too?
    I like that one.
    I actually * shudder* cheered for your Giants that year..
    You better get used to finishing 3rd in the division or worse for at least the next 5 years or so.

Ds & Pads are going to be very good for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    So by that logic, 89 too?
    I like that one.
    I actually * shudder* cheered for your Giants that year..
    You better get used to finishing 3rd in the division or worse for at least the next 5 years or so.

Ds & Pads are going to be very good for a while.
    You can put an asterisk on that A's WS win if you want, but it's not remotely the same. They played 162 games. No DH in both leagues. No weird schedule. Fans in attendance.

Oh, trust me, I'm used to finishing 3rd in our division. That will not be a problem.

And I think you've hit on the difference in the rivalry. No way a Giants fan would EVER cheer for the Dodgers.

BMills, reports are that Lindor will be headed to the Mets.

FUCK YEAH!
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    BMills, reports are that Lindor will be headed to the Mets.

FUCK YEAH!
    AND Cookie Carrasco. What a haul. I will miss them both in Tribe uniforms.

The return looks good too. Consistent with past practice the Cleveland Baseball Club should hopefully be able to develop this new young talent into what they have all along: players like Kluber, Bauer, Carrasco, Beiber, Lindor, Jose Ramirez...

That said, I don't have to like it. I hate that my favorite team won't sign a homegrown generational talent to a long term deal.

Baseball may look very different in the next two years with the collective bargaining agreement expiring, covid ruining club's balance sheets, and distrust between players and owners at an all time high.

I just hope I can go to a game this year.

Sheesh.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    AND Cookie Carrasco. What a haul. I will miss them both in Tribe uniforms.

The return looks good too. Consistent with past practice the Cleveland Baseball Club should hopefully be able to develop this new young talent into what they have all along: players like Kluber, Bauer, Carrasco, Beiber, Lindor, Jose Ramirez...

That said, I don't have to like it. I hate that my favorite team won't sign a homegrown generational talent to a long term deal.

Baseball may look very different in the next two years with the collective bargaining agreement expiring, covid ruining club's balance sheets, and distrust between players and owners at an all time high.

I just hope I can go to a game this year.

Sheesh.
    I haven't seen any final details or even many details to know who is going back to the tribe.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Ok, now I am seeing that Rosario and Gimenez are going back, and 2 prospects. I think Rosario will be good and so will Gimenez (I know nothing of the prospects), but neither will be Lindor-good.

I haven't seen any final details or even many details to know who is going back to the tribe.
    I've had Cleveland sports talk radio on stream all week; the guys on there are busy breaking it down now.

Ok, now I am seeing that Rosario and Gimenez are going back, and 2 prospects. I think Rosario will be good and so will Gimenez (I know nothing of the prospects), but neither will be Lindor-good.
    Both are so young and Cleveland has a history of developing really good SS. Faith in the process, develop talent. This organization has not given me any reason to think that they won't do it any other way and that they won't do it right.

Lindor is a generational talent. I hope your Mets sign him to a long term deal this year cause he's too good a teammate to be shuffled around from organization to organization.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by GiBo View Post
    And I think you've hit on the difference in the rivalry. No way a Giants fan would EVER cheer for the Dodgers.
    I was 18, didnt really understand the rivalry having grown up in the South and Utah after leaving SoCal. Plus that As team was so easy to hate ( our victory and then the Reds sweeping them was just beautiful)
    Trust me, I havent done it since.

Bmills, that sucks about Lindor. Sorry man

The Mets will sign Lindor long term, no way they make this trade if they do not intend to do that.

MLB 2020 Thread

Los Doyers fans, where’s the new thread at?

With JBJ signing with the Brewers, the Sox have Sale, JD and 32 bags of peanuts as far as I can tell. Gonna have to live in the drink the depression away thread this year.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5D975F0E-6F7F-40E0-96D7-9E99E965465E.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	299.1 KB 
ID:	366442

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5D975F0E-6F7F-40E0-96D7-9E99E965465E.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	299.1 KB 
ID:	366442
    It’s like Sox mgmt wants me to hate this team

Sent from the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Los Doyers fans, where’s the new thread at?

With JBJ signing with the Brewers, the Sox have Sale, JD and 32 bags of peanuts as far as I can tell. Gonna have to live in the drink the depression away thread this year.
    You looking for this here Sweet Caroline?
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...43#post6258743

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    You looking for this here Sweet Caroline?
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...43#post6258743
    Yes. Thank you!

I was so confused cause I thought there was one, but I search jonged and it didn’t show up.