Page 41 of 58 FirstFirst ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 1441

Thread: MLB 2020 Thread

We can send the Sox de Blanco back to committee for re-evaluation.
    A’s stay. They are my only reason for still paying attention.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    The Indians completed a 4 game sweep of the White Sox last night by sending three straight pinch hitters to the plate in a row to mount a 4 run 7th to come from behind and win.

The last time the Tribe sent back to back to back PHs to the plate that all got on safely?

June 4, 1974, otherwise known as Ten Cent Beer Night.

Thats rad, finding ways to win. WSox are no joke
    Yankees are, only reason they are in the post season is from clubbing the pathetic Red Sox and Orioles repeatedly

Vegas currently has the Yanks at 7-1, or the second best odds behind LA to win the Series and for the life of me I can't figure out why other than name power.
    I still call it The Jake.

Vegas currently has the Yanks at 7-1, or the second best odds behind LA to win the Series and for the life of me I can't figure out why other than name power.
    they were co favourites at the beginning of the season and likely not enough other money has come in to push them down, plus people are stupid. Bet it will move more once playoffs are set.

Actually, I wonder how much $ is actually being bet through Vegas sportbook right now with so many other options and in person bettin g in huge decline as noone is traveling to Vegas.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    Yankees are, only reason they are in the post season is from clubbing the pathetic Red Sox and Orioles repeatedly
    Yanks are the streakiest team in the majors this year, multiple ten game winners and huge losers (16/21, current 5). Some of that was injuries that totally decimated them, some luck. It's not like with their pythag they are outclassed, it seems pretty clear that the rays were lucky to win 8/10 against them and probably wouldn't be in first place in a 162 game season now that judge, stanton, urshela, torres, britton, lemahieu, hicks, and tanaka are back. that's a lot of talent to miss.

we'll see what happens, they are pretty shitty on the road so blowing the opportunity to get ahead of chicago leaves them with a lot to prove.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

That is fucking hilarious. I've heard Freeman has quite the sense of humor.

plus people are stupid.
    No truer words.

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    Yanks are the streakiest team in the majors this year, ...
    it seems pretty clear that the rays were lucky to win 8/10 against them and probably wouldn't be in first place in a 162 game season now that judge, stanton, urshela, torres, britton, lemahieu, hicks, and tanaka are back. that's a lot of talent to miss.
    Un lucky, streaky, injuries all excuses. Unlucky to not be able to beat the Jays too ? They don’t own a winning record against any clubs competing into October. They just loss 4 of their last 5. with I think all that talent you mention back.

Dodgers best hitters last year have all had sub par seasons this year and they are still the best team in baseball right now Our ace has been injured all season, see last sentence.

Uhhh...Captain obvious says yanks fans (new yawkahs) like to gamble? Same reason ingerlund always well above “natural” odds for the World Cup?

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    Uhhh...Captain obvious says yanks fans (new yawkahs) like to gamble? Same reason ingerlund always well above “natural” odds for the World Cup?
    Didn’t think about that. Bunch a degens from upstate no doubt.

Thats rad, finding ways to win.
    HOLY SHIT! they did it again!!!

Trailing 3-1 in the 9th the Tribe rallies to walk off again! 3rd walk off win in the last 4 games, wooohooo!

ROLL TRIBE.

Didn’t think about that. Bunch a degens from upstate no doubt. .
    Where, exactly, is upstate?
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Let me check the map in the Upstate thread...

Looks like the Sox are looking for a new manager. Cora return too unreasonable?

Rangers done. I'm out. Time to stop watching them lose and start watching the Cowboys lose.
    Yall have fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    Here’s the dumbest person on tgr
    "What are you trying to say? I'm crazy? When I went to your ski schools, I went on your church trips, I went to your alpine race-training facilities? So how can you say I'm crazy?!"

Tribe hosts the Yanks at the Jake starting tomorrow. Not sure how I feel about it outside of being completely confident in Game 1 starter Shane Beiber.

Kinda nuts how it took till the last inning in several games yesterday for the playoff bracket to shake out.

Bieber is a beast. Cleveland is so good at bringing up pitchers. Not expecting much from my yanks this season but it'll be a fun series at least. Hope they're dropping some serious defoliation chemicals to prevent the midge plague part 2.

Woodsy, weren't all the games in division with the exception of a few interleague?

It's tough to see how good teams really are in a 60 game sprint when baseball is supposed to be 162. This is like wild card on steroids. I'm not saying the trophy won't count the same as the others, but lots of baseball history is about teams that found themselves in the last couple of months. I'm not making excuses for the Yanks, the mountain of injuries and the short season means they haven't found themselves yet. Having German and Sevy would have been nice, but they'll have to get it together pronto or they're another also ran. That's it.

Average +/- of all playoff teams is 51, yanks are at 45. Dodgers are obviously outclassing everyone at 131.

Does anyone know if they're going to continue with the all the stupid covid rules like the man on 2nd in extras or only playing 7 the day after? good grief with that stuff.

Hey, LeMahieu just edges out Altuve for the batting title. Just kidding. The post-cheating version of Jose hit .219 with a 71 OPS this year.

Shane Bieber wins the MLB pitching Triple Crown, a feat not accomplished since Johan Santana did it 14 years ago. I think he’s got the Cy Young tied up.

José Ramírez was named September player of the month, hopefully he can get that MVP hardware too.

In all honestly as nice as this is, just get me a win tonight fellas. And if it’s not too much to ask, 12 more after that. Thanks.

I know it's one game, but I'll be checking into the Drink the Depression Away Cleveland Browns Support Group Thread tomorrow.

Nice hitting tonight Yankees. Is is just me or is the entire team just a bunch of pasty white bald guys with huge arms, and Aaron Judge?

They are a bunch of big dudes. Even Voit looks small next to Judge, and then you see a guy like Deshields roll up and he looks like a frosh next to a senior.

Definitely wasn't the 1-0 I was expecting... let's see what Tanaka and Carrasco show up with.

I have since been informed, for the first time this year, that I need to watch post-season baseball by myself.

Even the dog sought solace outside, even with a low pressure front setting in (and he hates rain).

you're alright bmills. if the indians win i'll be pulling for them for them vs. the bravos.

my take on the rest of the AL, since this whisky asked.

a's are shit.
    twins are choke artists (i almost put a bet on the stros tonight, damn!)
    hate the cheating stros.
    rays are a good team but fuck em.
    blue jays don't have the talent -- yet
    white sox are dangerous and thank dog they aren't the cheating red sox.

Let’s go A’s.
    Ah shit.

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    you're alright bmills. if the indians win i'll be pulling for them for them vs. the bravos.

my take on the rest of the AL, since this whisky asked.

a's are shit.
    twins are choke artists (i almost put a bet on the stros tonight, damn!)
    hate the cheating stros.
    rays are a good team but fuck em.
    blue jays don't have the talent -- yet
    white sox are dangerous and thank dog they aren't the cheating red sox.
    Thanks mang, and for the record, I agree with your takes. Tell your whisky thanks for posing the question.

MLB 2020 Thread

Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.