Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 279

Thread: MLB 2020 Thread

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    9,769
    Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Honestly they should just make sign stealing legal and then let the pitchers and catchers figure out new ways to relay pitch calls.

    But this is a really bad look for Houston and Boston. Sox seems like they weren’t quite to the level of the Astros, but Cora may get it hard if he was involved in both.
    sign stealing in real time on the field is fair game, it’s the use of cameras and technology that’s the issue.

    maybe pitchers and catchers could have a new solution but that would take some study because there’d probably just be new ways to cheat and you don’t want to slow the game down more.
    .....I hope you know that this will go down on your permanent record

    http://procatinator.com/?cat=80

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Suckramento
    Posts
    19,373
    Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    Not going to lie, this seems kinda crazy for sign stealing, which is like one step above the hidden ball trick.
    The issue use of technology. A couple of years ago the Red Sox got caught sending messages by Apple watches. MLB made it real clear that anything else like that would be a big deal.
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.


  3. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,497
    I don't know man, having the live feed in the clubhouse on TV seems like a stretch to call "technology".

    MLB needs to drop the hammer because they called them on it once before and they kept doing it, I get that. But it still seems crazy to get banned for a year and lose your job over .... sign stealing.
    Live Free or Die

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The Cone of Uncertainty
    Posts
    47,935
    Especially since the league already knew and it had stopped working so they quit it. Some of it's the new purer-than-thou era we're in, no doubt. which is a pretty funny era in which to have Trump as president. But I digress.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Suckramento
    Posts
    19,373
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Especially since the league already knew and it had stopped working so they quit it. Some of it's the new purer-than-thou era we're in, no doubt. which is a pretty funny era in which to have Trump as president. But I digress.
    Sox fan. Blames Trump.
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.


  6. #31
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    ECO
    Posts
    4,389
    Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    sign stealing in real time on the field is fair game, it’s the use of cameras and technology that’s the issue.

    maybe pitchers and catchers could have a new solution but that would take some study because there’d probably just be new ways to cheat and you don’t want to slow the game down more.
    My feeling as well.

    Who knows what else is going on but Stros were the most blatant with Sox pushing the envelope. Sucks.
    Now do the Stros pitchers. Obviously they didn't bring that part to Boston. Is it too late?

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The Cone of Uncertainty
    Posts
    47,935
    Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    Is it too late?
    It's too late for that way of doing it but right on time for the next one.

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Babylon
    Posts
    10,388
    Cora is gonna get banned for life, that two time cheating fuck.

    As mentioned, MLB is focusing on it warned teams after Yankees and Sox got caught with the apple watch thing.
    "Memos were sent", etc etc. Now Cora is a two time loser (winner) after being explicitly warned.

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    3,098

    MLB 2020 Thread

    I believe he’s gonna get a major suspension but I don’t think he’ll get the banhammer.

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    9,769
    Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    I don't know man, having the live feed in the clubhouse on TV seems like a stretch to call "technology".

    MLB needs to drop the hammer because they called them on it once before and they kept doing it, I get that. But it still seems crazy to get banned for a year and lose your job over .... sign stealing.
    the astros has a camera in centerfield with a 4000mm lens pointed at home plate in a direct feed to the clubhouse. if it was just tv, the home/away splits wouldn’t be insane.


    never saw anything about the yankees having apple watches.
    .....I hope you know that this will go down on your permanent record

    http://procatinator.com/?cat=80

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Babylon
    Posts
    10,388
    From report:
    Cora
    “arranged for a video room technician to install a monitor displaying the center field camera feed immediately outside of the Astros’ dugout.”

    “was involved in developing both the banging scheme and utilizing the replay review room to decode and transmit signs.”

    "Cora participated in both schemes, and through his active participation, implicitly condoned the players’ conduct,” Manfred wrote in his nine-page statement.

    Noone punished today was actively involved.
    He's going to get a harsher penalty

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Babylon
    Posts
    10,388
    Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post


    never saw anything about the yankees having apple watches.
    I just remember apple watches and sign stealing and both teams getting fined, but it was those fines that brought the warning from Manfred to all teams that any further "misuse of technology" or somesuch would result in serious consequences...

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    ECO
    Posts
    4,389
    I mean, where did they think installing something like that video feed is ok in-game? And why did no one call them on it? Was it hidden?
    This shit blows for the sport in general, and especially for teams and guys involved. I just don't understand how it was allowed to go on as long as it did. Was it ok until they won?

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    19,337
    Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo View Post
    Sox fan. Blames Trump.
    This too gets a hearty chuckle.
    I still call it The Jake.

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Mt Baldys shoes
    Posts
    2,890
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    From report:
    Cora
    “arranged for a video room technician to install a monitor displaying the center field camera feed immediately outside of the Astros’ dugout.”

    “was involved in developing both the banging scheme and utilizing the replay review room to decode and transmit signs.”

    "Cora participated in both schemes, and through his active participation, implicitly condoned the players’ conduct,” Manfred wrote in his nine-page statement.

    Noone punished today was actively involved.
    He's going to get a harsher penalty
    Tony Orlando and Dawn must have inspired Cora at a young age.
    https://youtu.be/wT5ms2Nvpco

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Way East Tennessee
    Posts
    3,540
    Someone explain to my why the WSC title was not stripped?
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,497
    Because that kind of stupidity is really exclusively utilized by the NCAA.
    Live Free or Die

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    19,337
    PSA: For those baseball fans who (like many) don’t have the channel IFC on their TVs, the outstanding Hank Azeria baseball comedy Brockmire is now on Hulu (Seasons 1-3).

    It’s everything a TRG baseball fan could ask for: sex, drugs, obscenity, plenty of cameos, an unbridled hatred of Joe Buck, and a reverence for hard drinking and our national pastime.

    5-5 stars.
    I still call it The Jake.

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    2,088
    Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    PSA: For those baseball fans who (like many) don’t have the channel IFC on their TVs, the outstanding Hank Azeria baseball comedy Brockmire is now on Hulu (Seasons 1-3).

    It’s everything a TRG baseball fan could ask for: sex, drugs, obscenity, plenty of cameos, an unbridled hatred of Joe Buck, and a reverence for hard drinking and our national pastime.

    5-5 stars.
    It’s truly a masterpiece.

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    12,080
    Thanks BMills... sounds great. Definitely checking that out.


    In other news, Boston Globe's Shaughnessy is calling for Cora's head: Do The Right Thing

    I agree. Bad form from Cora.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,497
    That dude just likes the smell of his own farts. He wanted Brady's head on a platter also.

    That being said, Cora is probably going to get suspended through at least the end of his contract, so whether the Sox want it or not, he is for all intents and purposes fired.

    So he might be right, but fuck Shaughnessy.
    Live Free or Die

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The Cone of Uncertainty
    Posts
    47,935
    Whatever Shaughnessy is for I'm against. So Cora must stay.

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    9,769
    Cora's out... let's give Bobby V another shot!
    .....I hope you know that this will go down on your permanent record

    http://procatinator.com/?cat=80

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    SF & the Ho
    Posts
    5,976
    Quote Originally Posted by TNKen View Post
    Someone explain to my why the WSC title was not stripped?
    Because it’s baseball and sign stealing part of the fucking game

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The Cone of Uncertainty
    Posts
    47,935
    You can have a guy in center field with binoculars and a telegraph (hey it was 1878) but you can't have a camera. There's a big difference. Isn't there?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •