Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

FS: P18s, PX15, Shiros, custom Protests, Mindbender 108, Pivot CAST 1.0

Protest price drop.

$500 flat
    $650 with Pivots

You pay shipping.

I’m amazed these are still here.

Last edited by skibrd; 01-24-2020 at 11:53 AM.

You're a well-known "chargy" kind of maggot with a quiver of big, long, and sometimes very stiff skis. Perhaps you could address why these are too stiff for your application but would not be too stiff for other potential applications? At any rate, if I had to guess why a great ski at a great price is still here, that would be why.

If someone wants to take one of my two pairs of megawatts and spurs off my hands, I'd give these a spin.

EDIT: Ah, I see you addressed in OP. Makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by mattig View Post
    You're a well-known "chargy" kind of maggot with a quiver of big, long, and sometimes very stiff skis. Perhaps you could address why these are too stiff for your application but would not be too stiff for other potential applications? At any rate, if I had to guess why a great ski at a great price is still here, that would be why.

If someone wants to take one of my two pairs of megawatts and spurs off my hands, I'd give these a spin.

EDIT: Ah, I see you addressed in OP. Makes sense.
    I added some info in the first post, but I’ll clarify more.

I do love a long chargy ski, for some conditions and some applications. Big steep stuff that’s scary, sure, a charger is perfect so I can go from 0-60 if I need to. Same thought with packed pow, or hard pack, a charger is awesome. I love the 194 MX 98 cause they let me noodle around or go Mach nutty.

The same theory applies to the Protests for me, but I have better tools for big steep faces. I bought the Protests as a pow ski, for Japan and fun trees and open faces in Jackson. Yes they do those things really well, and were a blast in Japan, but they aren’t getting the use here I thought they’d get cause I have better tools for those jobs. If I want to blast a big open face, I have been grabbing my 203 Shiros, or 193 BMX 115s. If I want to noodle around in trees or pillows or techy steep pow, the BMX 115s or Mindbender 116s or 193 Shiros are grabbed.

Even if I go to Japan again, I’d probably take the Mindbender 116 with Kingpins and something narrower with CAST 2.0. Yeah the Protests were great, but great for 4 days of a 12 day trip when they sucked 2 days and were serviceable 6, doesn’t make the cut.

If the Protests were softer and not so demanding, 3 flex same core, I’d keep them for what I described. But I don’t need another big mountain charger. I like my pow skis to be a bit more playful, why I meshed so well with the Armada ARV JJ (and to a certain extent the Quixote). No one would ever think I liked the JJ based on my rep as a big guy who charges and likes chargy skis, but they did what I wanted them for excellent.

The Protests just aren’t working for what I wanted them for. My loss is your gain.

Side note, BBear and I were talking about ski choices and there was mention of a ski (and life choice) Ted talk, and the reason the protests aren’t working may make it in the talk. Just because we have the rep for liking XXX ski type, doesn’t mean we won’t like AAA ski type.

Protest bump

is the pivot/cast setup gone?

Quote Originally Posted by justo8484 View Post
    is the pivot/cast setup gone?
    I still have them, someone called dibs but I forget who and never got paid for them. So no I still have them.

Bump for Jay

^^^ That was me.

I forgot too.

In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

Quote Originally Posted by pfluffenmeister View Post
    ^^^ That was me.

I forgot too.

Where we at with these? A few people have asked about them recently.

Anyone want to make an offer on the Protests? I can budge some on the price.

I'm sorry for the hold up but I'm going to have to step aside.
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

I think Cozzy has first dibs, then idk who.

Protest bump before I get out of town for a bit