Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    FX95HP is an excellent ski. Cold dead hands type for me. Have had last 3 gens. I’d suspect it to be the Kastle ski that would have the most tgr appeal. I know people crow about the MX98 but to me it was much more one dimensional. I also preferred the MX89 to MX98.
    Generally MX is considered more piste driven vs the FX which is their freeride line. Rocker lines tell the story. BMX which has gone away is their big mountain line.
    Additional note: the new FX106HP is solid AF
    Not that I care whether I sell you my skis or not because I absolutely love them. I will say that I disagree with just about everything stated in this quote. There aren’t too many people who prefer the MX 89to the MX 98; really it’s not even close unless you are a hip Swiveller. Also I have on both the FX 95 and FX 104 and in my view Neither can compare to the stability ride grip or fun of the 98.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    I’ll sell you my mx98 in good shape drilled 1x with p14 @305 for $400 Plus ship from Utah
    You, sir, are a scholar and a gentleman. First or second gen? I’ll be at Park City in 2 weeks...

2d gen. when you are here you can check them out an decide.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

2d gen. when you are here you can check them out an decide.
    🙏 PM’ing you now

Not that I care whether I sell you my skis or not because I absolutely love them. I will say that I disagree with just about everything stated in this quote. There aren’t too many people who prefer the MX 89to the MX 98; really it’s not even close unless you are a hip Swiveller. Also I have on both the FX 95 and FX 104 and in my view Neither can compare to the stability ride grip or fun of the 98.
    I second all of this. The MX98s are just better then the 89s and 95. They do everything better if you can drive a ski. The 95s are easier to ski because of the rocker and they are shorter, but everyone who has FX95s and I let take my 98s for a spin all either go buy a pair of 98s or give me the 98s and and say they ruined the 95s for them.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by pfluffenmeister View Post
    At 150# the big dog 194s are big.
    Might do a catch and release.
    Lemme know.

As much as I love my 194’s (6’4, 205), if there was a 189, I would likely ski nothing else.

I've got a pair of 188 bmx 98s I would part with. I think they are the first version of bmx since the top sheet has the m98 graphic but they have the hollowtech red dots in the tail and are a slight twin also on the tail it says 'Griffin Post Pro Model' I can put up some pics if there is interest
    ...tricks deserve applause, style deserves respect

Jesus Christ why is posting pictures on here such a pain in the ass.. I think this will work, check em out far left from my rando quiver section https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...7&d=1572573316
    ...tricks deserve applause, style deserves respect

WTB: Kastle MX98 184cm

Quote Originally Posted by ZomblibulaX View Post
    Lemme know.

As much as I love my 194’s (6’4, 205), if there was a 189, I would likely ski nothing else.
    Which gen 194s do you have? If you sell them and they are gen 2s can I get first dibs?

Rip, if you use the paper clip symbol on the app you can post pictures.

Those are the non-metal MX98s, should of been labeled BMX 98 to save confusion.

You guys are making me regret selling my MX98 without ever skiing them. At the time, I just didn’t see when I would chose them over my MX88, skiing mostly in the East. Did I make a mistake?

Quote Originally Posted by TrueNorth View Post
    You guys are making me regret selling my MX98 without ever skiing them. At the time, I just didn’t see when I would chose them over my MX88, skiing mostly in the East. Did I make a mistake?
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoastgroomers View Post
    150 lbs on 194s. God bless.
    Reminds me of high school in the 80s

Quote Originally Posted by TrueNorth View Post
    East coast, probably not a mistake. 88s are a blast.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    Which gen 194s do you have? If you sell them and they are gen 2s can I get first dibs?
    Woah down, I didn’t mean to say I don’t ski them or don’t want them. I’ll be buried with those fucking skis. But a 189 could literally be the only thing I ski when it’s not deep.

The 194 fills a big spot in my quiver, but honestly it’s mostly because my hill is pretty flat without much in the way of gnar and the best way to make it fun is to go really damn fast. It’s just a lighter, livelier superbro with better flotation. My entire lineup would likely look different if I skied somewhere with, say, consistently steep terrain. Sub-25m turn radius at Purgatory makes me want to go sleepy time.

It’s just a lighter, livelier superbro with better flotation.
    Whoah

Woah down, I didn’t mean to say I don’t ski them or don’t want them. I’ll be buried with those fucking skis. But a 189 could literally be the only thing I ski when it’s not deep.

The 194 fills a big spot in my quiver, but honestly it’s mostly because my hill is pretty flat without much in the way of gnar and the best way to make it fun is to go really damn fast. It’s just a lighter, livelier superbro with better flotation. My entire lineup would likely look different if I skied somewhere with, say, consistently steep terrain. Sub-25m turn radius at Purgatory makes me want to go sleepy time.
    Haha no worries, I have 2.5 pairs (one started to delam) for the same reason, and out mountain is steep. They are one fun ski, and you’ll have to pry them from my cold dead hands to get my pairs of gen 2s from me. They make any mountain fun to ride, one amazing ski.

WTB: Kastle MX98 184cm

So you love MX98 but you’re selling. You disagree with just about everything in statement...what? I said my preference and clarified the line.
    You like 98s — whoopee. What’s pugs crowd say?? ..Pretty big fans of 89s over there when I researched. Plus which of the two are currently alive in their line? (89). 98 metal went to carbon 99 as you know (after not having a MX98 produced for 3-4 yrs).
    You still have FXs - what does that say?

I’ve got an idea. Since you have the skis- post rocker profiles of MX98 vs the FX95s and let people decide for themselves, what appeals to them.
    Last edited by CascadeLuke; 01-11-2020 at 02:37 AM.

I no longer have FXs; that was a typo....should be had. Skied them 10 days. Found them to be very hooky. Even detuned the tips, but found them a bit squirrelly when compared to mx98. Actually prefer Enforcer 93 to fx95. Good non POW touring ski, but not top drawer inbounds. The mx89 is a great bulletproof ski. I wish that I had a pair, but not as killer as mx98. I probably have between 250 to 300 days on various MX 98. Like I said, I really don’t care whether I sell them or not, but they are awesome planks. Thus, the $400 price tag for uncounted skis in good shape with 60 or so days on them. I disagreed with your post. No big deal.
    Last edited by schindlerpiste; 01-11-2020 at 07:58 AM.

I’ve never noticed my FX95 HP to be hooky or squirrelly at all. 189. No detuning. I keep ‘em sharp the whole way.

Not trying to defend the ski, really... but my mileage varies.
    focus.

Skis are tuned differently. I'm just trying to give an opinion based upon my experience. I bought the skis used. It was a few years ago, and I may be confusing the FX 104 with the 95. Either way, I was luke warm with both skis.

@shindlerpiste, you've been a mx98 fanboy for years, what are you moving on to?

It's really a tough call. I'm still skiing the MX98 a lot. Lately, I have been skiing my Enforcer 93 and 105HP, on days that would otherwise be spent on the MX98. Currently, I am looking for a new 185cm, ~100mm, no early shovel rise, ~2-3 + camber, two sheets of metal and a flat squaretail. Bueller

It's really a tough call. I'm still skiing the MX98 a lot. Lately, I have been skiing my Enforcer 93 and 105HP, on days that would otherwise be spent on the MX98. Currently, I am looking for a new 185cm, ~100mm, no early shovel rise, ~2-3 + camber, two sheets of metal and a flat squaretail. Bueller
    190 Volkl explosiv

That was my favorite ski for a long time. Basically, skied the Exploder/Mantra until 2009

How do you like the 105HP compared to the MX98? Scooped up the HPs (181cm) at the end of last season but haven't had a chance to whip them out yet... I hope they're not too short for deep days and that they float well? I usually ride 184+ but the 189s seemed like a handful...