Scott Cosmos III fit - instep?

In the never-ending search for that perfect AT boot - for my foot - I’ve been looking at an online deal on the Scott Cosmos III. My forefoot is kind of wide, my heel normal or actually maybe a little narrow (quack, quack), and the killer part is my instep is high (got a high arch and some old surfer knots). So I’m wondering about the heel pocket and instep height.

I imagine I can get the tongue punched and work the liner if the boot instep isn’t just too low. Anyone use this boot that can comment on heel hold and instep height? Or any other qualities?

I’m currently using some Salomon MTN Explores, punched at the mets, but they’re not the best heel hold I’ve ever had. Tbh, the best fitting boots I’ve had are Scarpa NTN.

I'm in the Cosmos III's (and previously in the og Garmont Cosmos) and have all the room I need, but maybe that's not easy to translate to your needs.

FYI, my alpine boot is Lange RX 130, slightly worked for width at the pinky and 5th met head, and on those I also had a sharp pressure point over the instep. Cured that with liner surgery, removing the elastic band over the tongue and dug out all the tongue insulation in the same area.

I ski the Cosmos with a Solly Quest pro TR 110 liner. It has a beefed up tongue compared to the Cosmos liner, which takes up some lower leg volume and stiffens the flex really nice. Still I have an extra 2 millimeter pad under the liner to get a snug fit. No shell work needed on the Cosmos for width. So for me, definately roomy enough.

My feet measures 27.8 and 27.6 cm in length, Cosmos are a comfy 27.5 size and Lange's 26.5. Hope it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Tbh, the best fitting boots I’ve had are Scarpa NTN.
    You've probably already thought about the other variables with this boot, but since you brought up the Scarpa NTN boot fit and that you're ordering these online, I thought I'd throw one additional thing out there for you to consider. The 26 Scarpa NTN boot is the best-fitting ski boot I've ever worn. I tried on a Cosmo III in a 26.5, and, while plenty wide, it was too short. A quick look at the BSL resource on evo.com seemed consistent with that experience.

Good luck!

john

I am in the cosmos 2. Had the original cosmos which had tongue and walk mode issues.
    My feet flattened out and i had to go with a larger boot. Went up a size in cosmos 2. No issues with this boots. Lots of days.liner is excellent in my opinion. Holding up great. Was having some issues with the arch of my foot. Had some custom footbeds made. Took care of the issue..
    My power straps fell apart this season. I contacted customer service. The rep just sent me new straps. Putting on today.
    Only issue i have is they seem to be a little difficult to step into my dynafits toes. I am not sure if it is because the soles are fairly worn or the boot fittings lack the grooves other boots have. I think the new boots have the grooved fitting.
    Would recommend for someone with wide foot. Looks like great prices on line.

Good info so far. Anyone got any comments on the instep height?

I read on blister.com that the length was short.

Bump in case anyone else has a comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Good info so far. Anyone got any comments on the instep height?
    Well, with regards to entry and exit, they are three-pieces, so with the tongue flexed forward, there's plenty room. Or are you wondering about internal height when buckled?

Quote Originally Posted by SoooL View Post
    Well, with regards to entry and exit, they are three-pieces, so with the tongue flexed forward, there's plenty room. Or are you wondering about internal height when buckled?
    Internal height when buckled. Ive got a really high instep with surfer knots on top of that. Scarpa Maestrales (3 piece) were a no-go for me because of that.

Ahhh, ok I see, guess I have no further helpful input then, sorry.