Thread: Skiing on Roku?

Skiing on Roku?

I’m interested in what you’ve found out there.

Ideally I’d like to be able to watch WC downhill and moguls live...maybe some feed from Europe?

Please post anything else interesting you’ve found!

Red Bull Channel has a bunch of skiing content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

I have generally failed to find any world cup skiing (which is what I want to watch) on the Roku, but I haven't tried super hard. NBC sometimes has it, but you can only watch most of it with a subscription.

So interested in what others report.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Olympic channel, (NBC) has it, not sure if you can find that on the roku as we've moved away from using ours in liue of a att subscription on an apple tv.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Skiing is all on the NBC Sports ap. Some of the replays might be free but you will need a Tv provider log in for the live stuff.

Red bull tv also has some good stuff. Amazon Prime now has most of the Warren Miller movies.

Teton Gravity Research has an channel on ROKU, but it doesn't work. There is Powder skiing channel, not much on it and it never changes.

YouTube TV includes NBC Sports and the Olympic Channel and shows a lot of the FIS events if you have it (that's what we mostly use for TV via Roku).

NBC Sports Gold Snow Pass (or similar) on Roku has been tons of fun! $70 or so for the whole WC season has been worth it for us. Tons of content, including live. Women’s biathalon ftw!

Quote Originally Posted by DaveTV View Post
    Teton Gravity Research has an channel on ROKU, but it doesn't work.
    Box fan issues?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

I get the WC on the Olympic channel (via cable) and it's awesome seeing any race live or with a bunch of reruns for the next few days. Although a lot of the races are on in the wee hrs. here, when live.
    Seeing the same race in total a few times, really gives you a great feel for the different skiers, their run and the venue. Hahnenkamm course, Cortina start, etc.
    No help on the roku. Was kinda hoping it was a new bud strain.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    I get the WC on the Olympic channel (via cable) and it's awesome seeing any race live or with a bunch of reruns for the next few days. Although a lot of the races are on in the wee hrs. here, when live.
    Seeing the same race in total a few times, really gives you a great feel for the different skiers, their run and the venue. Hahnenkamm course, Cortina start, etc.
    No help on the roku. Was kinda hoping it was a new bud strain.
    Hahnenkamm course is different as it's in Austria and they control that content... I think you need gold or a different feed for the whole race on that.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Yah. I gots da GOLD.

I have hulu, with the olympic chan. So that’s cool. I was kinda hoping there was something streaming from europe or something like that.

The NBC Sorts Gold Snow coverage is so refreshingly simple I assume they are mostly euro streams. No commentary or human interest stories but good cameras, replays when appropriate, and whatever sounds the camera-of-the-moment catches: dogs barking, Austrian butt rock, children crying, those fuckin’ horns...

Quote Originally Posted by Jacques Sheer-Rocko View Post
    and whatever sounds the camera-of-the-moment catches: dogs barking, Austrian butt rock, children crying, those fuckin’ horns...
    ...when all I really want is a little more Cowbell.

Aren't nearly all races on the internet and accessible from your computer?

And can't you beam, stream, or mirror what's on your computer to the Roku?

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    Aren't nearly all races on the internet and accessible from your computer?

And can't you beam, stream, or mirror what's on your computer to the Roku?
    I dunno. I guess that’s what I’m asking.

I have cable internet but nbc wants a cable tv provider for their stuff, so I guess that’s out.

There’s an App called Pluto TV. It has a Winter Sports Channel. It is easier to go into the “On Demand” section and scroll down. All their programming has commercials. Splat, I’ll check into a “mirroring” feature on Roku but Chrome Cast is fairly simple and works on Apple or PC computers.

I memba watching WC XC, ski yumping and Downhill stuff on NBC via cable.

Then they got greedy.
    watch out for snakes