Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Sorry to hear about the issues DTM. I would think the sauna and meditation would be beneficial, I know at least one kid with PCS who was able to alleviate some of his symptoms using sensory deprivation/ Float Tank therapy. May be something to try if it feels like you are not making progress.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Yeah, Jerry is definitely a concern. I should dust off my touring gear and try going for a walk. Up until quite recently even a mellow tour seemed like it might be a bit much but it would probably be OK now.

I definitely have previous experience with polytrauma and delayed diagnosis (once took a week to discover I had a scapula fx, due to also having a clavicle fx).

Neck was not xrayed, nor was the sternum. Doc diagnosed the sternal fx based on pain level and location. Palpation indicated no displacement, and since a "fracture" of the manubriosternal joint is actually torn cartilage he thought an xray would just look normal. Neck wasn't done because there was zero pain, discomfort or dysfunction. This far out I really doubt there's anything wrong with my neck.
    Hopefully the doctor at least palpated your neck and checked range of motion. In any case, I agree with you--if you have no neck symptoms this far out you have nothing to worry about. Water under the bridge.
    Had a teenager in a car wreck, some significant injuries, Initially neck films were normal but after a week or two she was complaining of neck pain, flexion and extension films showed no fracture but an unstable joint due to torn ligaments. Orthopedist went to fuse her vertebrae, fused the wrong level and left her quadriplegic. That was 40 years ago. We never forget our bad cases. Kaiser has much better spine surgery now.

Holy shit, thatís awful. Is she the girl w gold rims on her wheelchair now?

Dude! Sorry to hear about your lingering issues. If you want to try something that is pretty low impact, heh, you're welcome to borrow one of my fat bikes. I'm still under a strict "don't fall" order from my doc but he's cool with the fatbiking. If nothing else, I'm sure it'll improve your mood.

The offer is greatly appreciated but you're so much taller than me I think fit would be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    The offer is greatly appreciated but you're so much taller than me I think fit would be a problem.
    Good point. If you were to fall, it's a long way down. You'd certainly fuck up your noggin.

I'd probably look like an 8 y.o kid who just outgrew their 20" and the parents moved them straight to a 29er.

Bagged on the Vasa idea, turns out the membership that gets you into the sauna costs a lot more. I might buy one of the portable IR ones, they look super cheesy but reviews are surprisingly good.

Making an activity level adjustment for a little while. Trading dumbbells, pushups and pullups for an hour of soft pedaling the spin bike at a nose-breathing pace. Feeling pretty good after a couple days of that. Of course there's an epic storm happening.

Make sure you are doing a good amount of neck work. Heal up Dan! https://athleticsi.com/neck-training...t-concussions/