Atomic Binding Forward Pressure

I just want to double check that the forward pressure setting on the Atomic Neox TL 10 is a flush screw head on the rear binding. Is this correct?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200107_075632.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	895.2 KB 
ID:	309477

That is how I have set mine up in the past,

Yes, that is not flush, heel needs to be a tad closer. Adjust it, take the boot out, and try it again.

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    Yes, that is not flush, heel needs to be a tad closer. Adjust it, take the boot out, and try it again.
    Splitting hairs? I would say close enough and on the right side of too much or too little. Toe pressure is about right when in the range of the Indicator (flush screws are I guess a smaller range) and does not have to be exactas long as it is in the range. I prefer to have it a little loose rather than a little tight so that the heal spring has more travel backwards in case of crash.

Agree with @gregL. You're probably about 1/2 turn short of being flush.

Will you die? Probably not.

... Thom
    Last edited by galibier_numero_un; 01-18-2020 at 01:15 PM.
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Quote Originally Posted by M_R View Post
    I prefer to have it a little loose rather than a little tight so that the heal spring has more travel backwards in case of crash.
    This shouldn't be necessary. The mechanism can only compress the spring just so far in the process of a release and the design should allow a little over-travel without any problems, even at max DIN setting. By setting this on the soft side of flush the pre-load on the spring is not correlated with the DIN setting.

Maybe the range allows both to be within spec, but GregL's approach (aka the right way) results in less pre-releases and should get closer to intended release force.

Quote Originally Posted by M_R View Post
    Splitting hairs? I would say close enough and on the right side of too much or too little. Toe pressure is about right when in the range of the Indicator (flush screws are I guess a smaller range) and does not have to be exactas long as it is in the range. I prefer to have it a little loose rather than a little tight so that the heal spring has more travel backwards in case of crash.
    Uhhhhhhh, what?
    Also, there are still Neoxes? Weren't those all recalled for being garbage?
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.