Dumb Question on How To Dig an Extended Column Pit

For an ECT, are people bringing two probes to guide the cord used to isolate the column? If you are in a group, no problem, but if you're alone are you carrying two probes? Using a probe and a ski pole?

You can fully dig out one side and use a probe on the other.

When it comes to this kind of knowledge there are no dumb questions. You-tube is your friend.

I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Thanks, guys. I had watched but forgotten about the Karl vid. Two probes seems easy and fast if not the lightest solution.

It’s not quite as clean of a result, but you can cut the back of the block with a ski if it’s fairly flat tailed.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaStoke View Post
    It’s not quite as clean of a result, but you can cut the back of the block with a ski if it’s fairly flat tailed.
    Ski is not a great option as the back wall is pretty ragged unless you are SUPER careful. I've experimented with ski/ pole saw/ and cord. Cord makes the cleanest walls. If you have only 1 probe, dig out the other sidewall so that your hand goes all the way to the level of the back wall. It works great but I can't find a video.