What ski am I? The long, playful all mountain ski edition.

The ski I'm looking for is 95-100 mm underfoot, has an ample rocker/camber/rocker profile or similar and ideally measures over 190cm. Anything under 188 is a deal breaker. It should be stiff enough to charge around the hill and handle all the chop in the world, and it should have lots of pop for horsing around. mid 20s radius also a key component. It'll be the only non-directional ski in my quiver.

It would replace some old pep fujas k2s from over a decade ago. Obvious candidate is mindbender 99 ti. I also brought up some praxis -10 MVPs in the praxis thread. What else should I be looking at?

Have a search on here as I started the same thread a few months ago, except I didn’t have the length restrictions. It’ll narrow down your search though.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    I'd pm the weird dude who deleted a bunch of tech talk threads and teleflufkined the fuck out of here
    Or
    Git rax
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Rossi Black Ops 98 comes in a 190+ length. Moment PB&J comes in longish length as well I think.

188 Moment PB&J?

Edit: sniped

I absolutely hated the black ops 98, felt like a unstable park ski.

Are you looking for something that has a twin and can spin?
    The Pb&J is awesome at 188cm. Maybe the new prior northwest 100?

Bit wider, but the Enforcer 104 Free in 191cm comes to mind although it’s around 20m turning radius in that size but they make longer turns without issue. Got the 186cm with the mount moved up 2cm to make it more playful and it rips! Fun at low or high speeds and destroys crud. Replaced the PB&J in my quiver and thought it was a huge upgrade in grip, through crud or when there was some snow.

Also the Menace 98 would be great if 187cm was long enough. Holds a great edge, 25m turning radius and 2250 grams in the 187cm. Very stable at speed. $500 CAN retail and available for less, so a great deal too.

Fisher 102 FR available in a 191cm and it’s a great ski too.

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    I'd pm the weird dude who deleted a bunch of tech talk threads and teleflufkined the fuck out of here
    Or
    Git rax
    I dunno, ski blades>rax for saucer boy days. Bethel juice notwithstanding.

Prior northwest, Fischer 102 and moment pb&j added to the list. Not sure what to think of the nordica. Menace ruled out by length. Actually measures 185.x

The Nordica 104 is a great ski, but I wouldn't describe it as having "a ton of pop". Some, not totally dead.

I am like these MSP99's...but 187 is the longest.

I have the PB&J in a 188. It's exactly what you described except its 101 width.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

What ski am I? The long, playful all mountain ski edition.

Woodsman 96? ON3P 187 measures like 190ish?? Just throwing out ideas, still like your -1 MVP idea
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

Quote Originally Posted by eskido View Post
    Woodsman 96? ON3P 187 measures like 190ish?? Just throwing out ideas, still like your -1 MVP idea
    Thanks, ideas are exactly what I'm looking for at this point.

I have the woodsman and would compare them as a more playful MB 99ti and pretty similar to a Black Ops 98. It’s defiantly a pretty directional ski IMO, but I’m a directional skier and would have said the same for the Black Ops 98.

Black Ops is a stable ski in the 192. Really capable of smoothing out the funk when you trust the skis and let them go. Pretty happy rolling bases flat, don’t recall needing to get them on edge to keep em quiet.

I ski the 182 Woodsman BTW and all my other (resort) skis are 186-191. Skied the BO in a 192. 182 Woodsman was what I was looking for to be a bit quicker on firm off piste. Still pretty stable for run outs when you need to make them run. My guess is the the 187 would ski comparably to the 192 BO.

I've been looking for the ~100ish all mountain charger but also playful and poppy ski for a while now, never quite happy. Picked up a new pair of Moment PB&J's and they're exactly what I'd been hoping for. I got them in 182 which is really on the short side for me (my pow skis are 190cm) but they don't ski short so the 188 should be fine for you.

Keep in mind this 2020 version is a bit different than previous versions.