Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 53

Thread: 2020 PGA

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    20,913
    I just hope they’re paired together at least twice in the coming two weeks at Muirfield.
    I still call it The Jake.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    champlain valley
    Posts
    5,197
    Bryson DeChambeau's comments about TV coverage affecting his "brand" were pretty amazing. It shows a lack of understanding why he makes millions of dollars. Is he self centered or is there more to it?

    Anybody have any thoughts?

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    4,261
    Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    I just hope theyíre paired together at least twice in the coming two weeks at Muirfield.
    This^^^

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    The Garden State
    Posts
    3,080
    somethings bound to pop with that one - the swing just doesn't flow..... last weeks driving display was just ridiculous.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    16,594
    Roids trash talk is just that. Thereís testing.

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Midgaard
    Posts
    2,871
    Quote Originally Posted by DBdude View Post
    Bryson DeChambeau's comments about TV coverage affecting his "brand" were pretty amazing. It shows a lack of understanding why he makes millions of dollars. Is he self centered or is there more to it?

    Anybody have any thoughts?
    It's because he's a crazy person.

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    20,913
    I like that they’re both douches in bad hats.
    I still call it The Jake.

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Nashville TN
    Posts
    784
    Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Roids trash talk is just that. There’s testing.
    great point. Lance never tested positive. cough

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    20,913
    OH SNAP.

    This debate just got legs.

    I posit that there is no winner.

    Brooks likes to (apparently) pick fights or at least stoke shit on social media.

    Bryson is well, um... well, a lot.

    The two of them, awful, stupid hats, each of em, are the golf heroes we deserve right now.

    I can't wait to tune in.
    I still call it The Jake.

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Nashville TN
    Posts
    784
    Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    OH SNAP.

    This debate just got legs.

    I posit that there is no winner.



    Brooks likes to (apparently) pick fights or at least stoke shit on social media.

    Bryson is well, um... well, a lot.

    The two of them, awful, stupid hats, each of em, are the golf heroes we deserve right now.

    I can't wait to tune in.
    Brawl — who you picking?

    I’m taking DeC. he strikes me as the kind of of crazy mf who would find some implausible way to off his opponent with his dying breath. Think game of thrones character.

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    20,913
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mike View Post
    Brawl — who you picking?

    I’m taking DeC. he strikes me as the kind of of crazy mf who would find some implausible way to off his opponent with his dying breath. Think game of thrones character.
    The field.

    These two jokers, while clearly incredibly talented, will prove that once again, it takes incredible focus, and not social media beef, to win on tour. I only hope they can occupy themselves long enough for Kuch and Ricky to win Majors.

    I have kind of a Dufner-litmus test with this generation of players that is answered with one simple question: Can you see Duff hanging with player X or not? If so, then cool, if not, probably suspect.
    I still call it The Jake.

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Nashville TN
    Posts
    784
    Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    The field.

    These two jokers, while clearly incredibly talented, will prove that once again, it takes incredible focus, and not social media beef, to win on tour. I only hope they can occupy themselves long enough for Kuch and Ricky to win Majors.

    I have kind of a Dufner-litmus test with this generation of players that is answered with one simple question: Can you see Duff hanging with player X or not? If so, then cool, if not, probably suspect.
    Not who are picking in golf ffs. Who are you picking in a hypothetical bare knuckle brawl between these 2 meatheads?

    Btw I like your Dufner test. I would like to hang with Duff on a college football weekend. That would be fun.

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    20,913
    I man I have to go with Bryson and that 200mph swing speed. If he connects just once Brooks is done for.


    Speaking of Duff, I’ve got friends that have hung out with him during The Memorial and The Tour Championship and to a man they all said he is the most chill dude but he’s fucking hilarious. I can only imagine a Saturday down south at a tailgate with him.
    I still call it The Jake.

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    on the edge
    Posts
    6,147
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mike View Post
    Not who are picking in golf ffs. Who are you picking in a hypothetical bare knuckle brawl between these 2 meatheads?

    Btw I like your Dufner test. I would like to hang with Duff on a college football weekend. That would be fun.
    I'll take Duffs ex for 1000 Alex
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

    BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Nashville TN
    Posts
    784
    Quote Originally Posted by booner View Post
    I'll take Duffs ex for 1000 Alex
    too skinny for you.

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    20,913
    Man, Muirfield is just such a gorgeous track. Even more so without the gallery.

    If Jason Day can’t get something going with back to back tournaments on his home course then something’s wrong.
    I still call it The Jake.

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    The Garden State
    Posts
    3,080
    Iím not sure about this new village people cop look Phil


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Nashville TN
    Posts
    784
    Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Man, Muirfield is just such a gorgeous track. Even more so without the gallery.

    If Jason Day can’t get something going with back to back tournaments on his home course then something’s wrong.
    Day hasn’t seemed quite on point for a time which is surprising due to his relatively young age and seemingly intense focus. Shows what a game of feel and just how close those guys are on the pointy end I suppose. The difference between not making the cut and being at the top of the leaderboard is not that much.

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    20,913
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mike View Post
    Day hasn’t seemed quite on point for a time which is surprising due to his relatively young age and seemingly intense focus. Shows what a game of feel and just how close those guys are on the pointy end I suppose. The difference between not making the cut and being at the top of the leaderboard is not that much.
    Exactly my thoughts. He did seem to be zeroed in yesterday though.
    I still call it The Jake.

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    The Garden State
    Posts
    3,080
    totally agree with you on the no fans aspect - also happy to circulate my mind through muirfield over the next two weeks , so pure.
    I'm still visualizing JD coming out of the tent with the 6 beer swagger... heater in place...

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    20,913
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    totally agree with you on the no fans aspect - also happy to circulate my mind through muirfield over the next two weeks , so pure.
    I'm still visualizing JD coming out of the tent with the 6 beer swagger... heater in place...
    Thank you, I have half a mind to cross post that from the General Sports discussion thread, especially after I turned on the tv last night and there’s 14 tee looking me square in the face. I was transported back to that moment instantly.
    I still call it The Jake.

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    16,594
    When Jason Day had his back injury some said he may never come back. I donít think heís had surgery yet.

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    on the edge
    Posts
    6,147
    Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    When Jason Day had his back injury some said he may never come back. I donít think heís had surgery yet.
    And with a wife like his at home it's never going to heal
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

    BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

  24. #49
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    2,089
    So, back to back PGA Tour tournaments on the same course - has this ever happened before?

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    The Garden State
    Posts
    3,080
    pretty crazy finish last week - droppin bombs ! Now on to, uh wait , here again. Sure to be one of the quietest golf rounds tiger has played so far on tour -

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •