CES this weekend

Are any mags attending CES in Las Vegas this weekend?. If so do you have any spare tickets?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using TGR Forums mobile app
    what's so funny about peace, love, and understanding?

For the exhibits only? If you do not have any contacts with any of the booth vendors and you are just a consumer, then you may want to read up on the paid registration and requirements. "CES is not open to the general public. Friends, family and children under the age of 18 will not be granted access to the event.

To attend CES, you must submit business credentials in advance so that we may verify your affiliation with the consumer technology industry."

https://www.quora.com/Whats-the-best...ibit-hall-pass

Quote Originally Posted by up an down View Post
    Are any mags attending CES in Las Vegas this weekend?. If so do you have any spare tickets?

CES doesn't start until Tuesday, so the only stuff happening this weekend is booth setup. As already stated, not really a show with tickets to hand out. Badges even have pictures this year.

I guess my question was poorly phrased. I was hoping to get to see the booths before the official start of the show.. I did read all about the requirements for admittance.. I know I don't qualify and that's why I was hoping somebody could score a way in for me

what's so funny about peace, love, and understanding?

Can't help you with the sneak peek, but I'll be attending - mostly meetings outside the trade show, but hoping to have some time to check out the new stuff on the show floor. Who are the other tech mags going?

I'll be there as well, mostly at the Venetian for meetings. Not going until tomorrow and unlikely to make it to the LVCC for the main booths. If there's something mags want to see, I might be able to get some pics.

^^^ Bend Oregon Represent!

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    ^^^ Bend Oregon Represent!
    Heh, was not expecting that. NTTATWWT

Quote Originally Posted by up an down View Post
    I guess my question was poorly phrased. I was hoping to get to see the booths before the official start of the show.. I did read all about the requirements for admittance.. I know I don't qualify and that's why I was hoping somebody could score a way in for me

Yea, that probably will not happen, unless maybe if you get a grunt job on the various venue staffs that moves the boxes in and sets up the booths you could get a small preview. While I have not been to CES, most any and all conventions or trade shows are very much worried about Joe General Public walking around without any type of authorize role to sneak a peak as a "preview"... Things like New products that are to be debuted and announcements ruined if leaked out before the show on social media, someone stealing or walking away with merchandise that has not been unpacked or secured properly yet for public viewing... Expect badges and guards at the entrances with limited access if it is like any other show I've attended. Vendor badges have to be shown, credentials and badges for any of the facility workers (and in some cases probably a work uniform also)....

Also considering the possible heightened worries about terrorist targets with Iran and other foreign enemies would mean that since a large crowd is expected, they will probably have some concerns that a person "sneak" into any of the venues.

Quote Originally Posted by ACH View Post
    Heh, was not expecting that. NTTATWWT
    Central Oregon wants to become a hub of specialty robotics, kinda like Bingen/Hood River is for UAVs. Lora DiCarlo is a key piece of that strategy
    Little Known Fact