Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

FS: Lots of big skis - Stormrider 110, Katana, W105, Cochise, Ren 186, 194 Devestator

4FRNT Devestator 194cm
    Bought skis flat for $100 on here.
    drilled 3x for a few different bindings.
    Current mount is Head Mojo 315mm at -5cm.
    Asking $150 w/ bindings.

Please text me at three oh three five seven nine six nine eight nine for questions / pics (just way easier).

Located in Sandy near LCC.
    Prefer local pickup / dropoff.

Thanks
    Last edited by Marshal Olson; 01-16-2020 at 02:24 PM.

Stockli 110's never mounted? Oh my. Going to have to pretend I did not see this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Pabst View Post
    Stockli 110's never mounted? Oh my. Going to have to pretend I did not see this.
    SUCH good skis. No idea how they fly under the radar so much.

Low availability and high price

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    I want to have a conversation about that -10 mount on the 110’s....
    Picked a pair up for a song this summer and mounted on the line, just feels loose all around. Was hoping it was a slightly softer Cochise. I’m still concerned about mounting that far behind the line because the tail is soft and I like finishing my turns, less shmarve more carve. Where’s everybody else mounted at?

Quote Originally Posted by ZomblibulaX View Post
    I want to have a conversation about that -10 mount on the 110’s....
    Picked a pair up for a song this summer and mounted on the line, just feels loose all around. Was hoping it was a slightly softer Cochise. I’m still concerned about mounting that far behind the line because the tail is soft and I like finishing my turns, less shmarve more carve. Where’s everybody else mounted at?
    Hey man.

On my pair, the line is marked at -7cm. That was too far forward for my tastes. I really liked -8.5cm and still could feel plenty of support coming across the fall line. it carved REALLY well on manmade for me. -10cm makes the ski pretty traditional/directional. But I don't think the tail is overpowered there, but also do not think that would be a very popular mount unless you are coming off something old school.

If I was recommending someone it would be, -8.5 to -9 would be on the money for most folks.

Def agree with your point on the cochise.
    The stormrider 110 has a bit more life and personality than a cochise.

I'm not man enough for most of these skis, but good to see you back on the board, Marshal.

I'm still riding the Yeti you sold me 11 years ago (had a kid and money for bikes and stuff went poof).
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "I'd eat a bag of Dicks and wash it down with a Coke any day." - iceman

Quote Originally Posted by Marshal Olson View Post
    I think I’ve said it before, I’m okay with the Cochise being a one-dimensional ski because I’m a pretty one-dimensional skier.

Well, fuck it, it’s just one more set of holes. I’ll try -8.5 and see what it do.

Anyway, welcome back, and thanks for selling grown-up skis on TGR again. Sometimes I worry about this place.

Did I skim over it? length on the renegades?

186!

Anyway, welcome back, and thanks for selling grown-up skis on TGR again. Sometimes I worry about this place.
    Lol - this ^^^
    Good to seeing you active here again.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I'm not man enough for most of these skis, but good to see you back on the board, Marshal.

I'm still riding the Yeti you sold me 11 years ago (had a kid and money for bikes and stuff went poof).
    love it, what up Danno!

I think I’ve said it before, I’m okay with the Cochise being a one-dimensional ski because I’m a pretty one-dimensional skier.

Well, fuck it, it’s just one more set of holes. I’ll try -8.5 and see what it do.

no better ski at making bad snow ski good than the cochise

curious how changing the holes treats you

Yeah. Marshal sold me these ~10 years ago? Taken yesterday. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	59968448297__2CAD0D16-60E7-4E8D-8AC1-60F9CCF9943C.JPG 
Views:	151 
Size:	208.3 KB 
ID:	308988
    Uno mas

Thanks for the skis and the beer Marshall! Good to see ya, glad you’re back at the Bird this year, WE WILL MAKE TURNS SOON!
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow... flying through the air.

Doremite, Hybrid wailer 105’s!
    awesome skis.
    not very many of those made, nice one

Quote Originally Posted by beaterdit View Post
    Thanks for the skis and the beer Marshall! Good to see ya, glad you’re back at the Bird this year, WE WILL MAKE TURNS SOON!
    high fives my brother
    see ya at the bird

Doremite, Hybrid wailer 105’s!
    awesome skis.
    not very many of those made, nice one
    I can’t give ‘em up. They won’t die and I love the way they plane yet carve. I keep them as a “rock” ski but as much as I ski them with zero abandon they just charge on. Thanks for the unmounted demo deal!!
    Uno mas

What are the other mounts on the renegades?

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Not 100% sure.
    p18 around -6 / unknown BSL
    another tyrolia / unknown

i can pull bindings and measure if you are a serious looker...?

Half sold!

Whoah! Marshal’s back!
    What’s it like in the real world?

Lots of Cream, Lots of Sugar

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    Whoah! Marshal’s back!
    What’s it like in the real world?

He’s now a low post count Jong
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.”
    Hunter S. Thompson

Hey man.

On my pair, the line is marked at -7cm. That was too far forward for my tastes. I really liked -8.5cm and still could feel plenty of support coming across the fall line. it carved REALLY well on manmade for me. -10cm makes the ski pretty traditional/directional. But I don't think the tail is overpowered there, but also do not think that would be a very popular mount unless you are coming off something old school.

If I was recommending someone it would be, -8.5 to -9 would be on the money for most folks.

Got a pair of the 192 110 TTs last year and they ended up being my daily drivers. Got to do a lot of traveling and put on over 80 days on them in every conceivable terrain and snow condition. Mine are mounted on the line and I have no complaints. They have a "just stand on them and smile" feel I have not experienced in a while, but i am 6'4" and 225. Very stable through just about anything. Suprisingly nimble considering their 30 m sidecut, and able to rail smaller radius turns on groomers by weighting the heel like a traditional tip and tail rockered ski.

When I read the reviews a few of them mentioned that you needed more technique than muscle to ski them, which seemed kind of strange, but turned out to be true. They feel very sluggish unless you are square to the fall line with hands in front when suddenly they cleanly whip through a turn. Unlike anything I've ever skied before. I tend to be somewhat of a physically and mentally lazy skier and they are forcing me to be better. Don't think moving the mount back would change that for me. Obviously all skis reward good technique, but with these Stocklis it's like an on/off switch when you hit the sweet spot. They are simultaneously hard and easy to ski for me but I would not hesitate to grab them when there is anything more than a few inches to navigate.
    Gravity Junkie

How can you be in two places at once when you're not anywhere at all?

no better ski at making bad snow ski good than the cochise

curious how changing the holes treats you
    True that about the cochise. It is phenomenal at the things it does well. Still one of my favorite all time in this waist width.

Bumped it back to -8.2 (hole conflicts) and it feels much more at home for me. I'm typically happy running BOF on CRS (which seems practically archaic now that I type it) and this puts me much closer than the recommended mount point. Thanks for the tip.