Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Stay at home went into effect Sat at 12 am. Filling up the streamer box while hunkered down.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    god damn virus shits everywhere

high 20's in the am

put on threw hard

lumpy finally put the lowfats in the bucket and fucked that bow in the face

fuck me
    im just leavin this here
    and try and post more later im hittin the bottle
    it aint ever good when your not breathing on your own
    dudes music set the soundtrack for an assload of my fishin miles
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Just heard that John Prine into hospital with Coronavirus in Nashville!? unfortunately he smoked forever before had cancer and a little overweight...a couple of statistical strikes against him.....He's on of the Best Ever!!!!!

I'm a little embarrassed to show my tying area after Swimmy posted his! FKNA Man! I never really stop tying but have been tying more lately.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4216.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	323060
    Been tying baitfish patterns

Name:	IMG_4214.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	1.73 MB 
ID:	323062
    Articulated buggers

Name:	IMG_4208.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	323063
    Mini Chubs

Name:	IMG_3115 2.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	1.43 MB 
ID:	323064
    Droppers

Name:	IMG_3057.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	1.39 MB 
ID:	323071

Anyone else tying?

Quote Originally Posted by Row Jimmy View Post
    I'm a little embarrassed to show my tying area after Swimmy posted his! FKNA Man! I never really stop tying but have been tying more lately.

Name:	IMG_4216.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	323060
    Been tying baitfish patterns

Name:	IMG_4214.jpg 
Size:	1.73 MB 
ID:	323062
    Articulated buggers

Name:	IMG_4208.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	323063
    Mini Chubs

Name:	IMG_3115 2.jpg 
Views:	55 
ID:	323064
    Droppers

Name:	IMG_3057.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	1.39 MB 
ID:	323071

Anyone else tying?
    Nice work! I wish I had the patience to tie. Are your Smith River trips cancelled? Just curious
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Teleee, as of today we are still on. I expect this to change and we will lose some if not all trips. Bummer!
    The only good that could come from that is I can grab a permit from the guy I work for and do a personal trip during prime time!
    As long as they don’t close Smith River SP that is.
    Lots of unknown currently. Hoping for the best.

I was just saying to my wife it would be perfect to grab cancellations if they are still letting trips go. Unfortunately(or fortunately) I picked up some work so I cant jump on a trip. I see them shutting it down and I dont blame them, but putting restrictions on campgrounds and being just me and my wife it would still be within social distancing protocols. Hope you still get out Jimmy!( I know lots of outfitters have canceled for foreseeable future.)

Oh and with the out of state quarantine I'd bet that puts the nail in the coffin.

2020 FISH SQUEEZING EXTRAVAGANZA!!

This is part of an email I got from the park manager yesterday.

“At this point, there’s a good possibility that the river will be shut down due to the Covid-19 Virus. We should receive word shortly and will be contacting individual permit holders and issuing a press release”

Well we just had an earthquake as well...

Nice bugs Jimmy.

Since the lockdown I haven't really left the bench.

Swimmy, nice work! Spinning deer hair is something I don’t do much.

There are 2 things working against the Smith being open IMO. 1. Groups size can be up to 15 which doesn’t work if they want us to keep gatherings to 10 and under.
    2. Camp Baker during high season is like Shakedown Street at a Dead show! Tough place to social distance!
    We should know either way soon enough.

No fish to be squeezed since Washington shut down fishing with the stay at home order, so a lot of time at the vice. Simple 3 inch long bunny fur and ostrich sculpins. They only take about 15 minutes to tie so I dont cry when I loose them. Also whipped up an assortment of double bunnies that I can really cast into some dumb spots.

@Row Jimmy those baitfish patterns look great. I'd like to twitch one of those white ones in front a big smallmouth's nose.

Things aren't looking great for my Smith trip, don't really want to travel up from SLC to BZN/surrounding communities, especially wouldn't want to interact in WSS or at Camp Baker, so leaning towards the fact that its not happening.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

JB, I bet those things have great motion in the water!

Mike, I'm sure smallmouth would crush em'. I know western trout love them. I also like the white for the visual while fishing. Simple pattern if you tie. Dumbell eyes, Polar chenille or EP brush, silly legs, rabbit strip, Senyos Laser Dub.

Quote Originally Posted by Row Jimmy View Post
    JB, I bet those things have great motion in the water!

Mike, I'm sure smallmouth would crush em'. I know western trout love them. I also like the white for the visual while fishing. Simple pattern if you tie. Dumbell eyes, Polar chenille or EP brush, silly legs, rabbit strip, Senyos Laser Dub.
    yes, I like white for the visual reason, and it just in general seems to work particularly well for smallmouth. Baitfish and crawdads are the biggest part of their diet around here, and many of the baitfish are white or grey. I have gotten to where I probably use it 80%+ of the time around here when I'm using anything other than a crawfish pattern.

2020 FISH SQUEEZING EXTRAVAGANZA!!

Attachment 323981

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Not sure why I can’t upload - but Idaho “temporarily” halts the sale of fishing licenses to non residents.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

I would think that is more likely to lead to an increase in unlicensed fishing rather than a decrease in out of state visitors.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mike View Post
    I would think that is more likely to lead to an increase in unlicensed fishing rather than a decrease in out of state visitors.
    I had the same thought- I bet the fish cops are going to be posted up at the boat ramps checking out of staters though. Yesterday it was about 50/50 at the ramps between in state and out of state.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    so the gov here herbie the lame duck as I call him
    shut down the state parks to non residents but left the golf course open for everyone
    I kinda saw this coming so ive been scopin options
    found a federal one id scoped before
    ive fished with 2 people with my personal health care professionals and spansers blessings since this shit got real yo started and am lerry at adding others
    mostly cause im still "essentially" working and potentially exposing myself a fuck ton more than fishing does
    and im travling to multiple counties for work
    so weather forcast for dj aka not above freezing till 10 sucked im gittin old and soft the only time I memberrie doing a drive as long as I fish was with tellee at the wheel and hes a road warrior drivin machine
    so bout 11 topher and I pull up to a open all seasons public use ramp were gittin set to launch, theres a family of 6 spread out bait dunkin, and the fed wild life officer comes in kinda hot pulls in front of us
    goes by and proceeds to install new no motor v beyond this point camping or fires signs
    doesn't say a word to anybody went about his daily business
    gives me the nod as we row by upstream and thank him for doing his job
    bout what id be doing during a global health pandemic where entering others personal space aint advised
    upstream rowing doable cant legally launch cept that one or potentially one way upstream
    the sup
    well imo that aint a boat
    vis meh found targets but mostly too late and the poof of mucks all ya git

wind cranked up and made putting the no weight flies I like to poopfish where they needed to be in the game of inches hard
    and theres always refusals even when ya git it there as well as foul hookers
    finally the mr toaster cat did it all right and puts the poops in the net
    hed spent a few days on pooper patrol with me before and had hooked a couple and had shots
    im blessed to have the time to spend gitiin the poopers so for me his first bein a 29" dome header was better than me gittin another

"When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Glad I got out the past couple weeks. Wyo just put visitors on 14 day quarantine. Recently enjoyed some social distancing.

Name:	IMG_4228.jpg 
Views:	62 
ID:	324266
    Lots of wildlife observed like river otters, moose, swans, many Freedom Gliders.

Name:	IMG_4224.jpg 
Size:	1.30 MB 
ID:	324267
    Even caught a couple fish.

Name:	IMG_4230.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	324268
    Stay safe!

skifishbum thats a really handsome poopfish.

Name:	IMG_2742.jpg 
Views:	327 
Size:	1.30 MB 
ID:	324273
    lots of hungry impoverished river plunders out at the obvious spots in WY with jeans and spinrods, some of whom I'm sure have licenses, but thank god USFS access is endless, people are too lazy to walk, and the fish are cooperative.

hopefully WY doesn't limit licenses to residents. a good chunk of our taxi drivers and seasonal workforce aren't technically residents. haven't seen G&F in a few weeks, but hopefully they're out in Idaho snapping violators rods and issuing tickets. having already cancelled some plans to fish in sun valley before the big wood closed, I didn't buy an ID license yet, so hopefully they let me buy an ID license in may for some other plans.

I miss walking into fly shops, they all closed

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    Attachment 323981

Not sure why I can’t upload - but Idaho “temporarily” halts the sale of fishing licenses to non residents.

I thought of that a couple weeks ago and grabbed mine online. If you haven’t grabbed WY yet I’d do so. WY seems to be in the dark ages regard this shit from the state standpoint but better safe than sorry! I wouldn’t want you to take over my title as Row Bitch later this season.

Went on a recon, (possible wade mission), Saturday. Same shit different day. The snake was crowded. Cars at pretty much all reasonable pullouts from Wilson to Elbow. There’s enough water on wknds if you want to hoof it and stand on one spot. Not my kinda wading though. Was happy to be out of the house, driving in the sunshine. Heard the fishin was good tho!

Quote Originally Posted by LesterSmoove View Post

hopefully WY doesn't limit licenses to residents. a good chunk of our taxi drivers and seasonal workforce aren't technically residents. haven't seen G&F in a few weeks, but hopefully they're out in Idaho snapping violators rods and issuing tickets. having already cancelled some plans to fish in sun valley before the big wood closed, I didn't buy an ID license yet, so hopefully they let me buy an ID license in may for some other plans.

I miss walking into fly shops, they all closed
    It is going to be interesting to see how this all works out in our little corner of Swan Valley, Jackson and Victor/Driggs. When I took out at the South Fork bridge ramp last night there were 4 trucks/trailers at the ramp. 3 of them were from Wyoming, I assume it goes the same way up around Jackson, several Idaho trucks there? And probably the same over on the Hank. I haven't ventured further than my little stretch across the road though so those are just assumptions on other water.

Quote Originally Posted by schwerty View Post
    I thought of that a couple weeks ago and grabbed mine online. If you haven’t grabbed WY yet I’d do so. WY seems to be in the dark ages regard this shit from the state standpoint but better safe than sorry! I wouldn’t want you to take over my title as Row Bitch later this season.

Went on a recon, (possible wade mission), Saturday. Same shit different day. The snake was crowded. Cars at pretty much all reasonable pullouts from Wilson to Elbow. There’s enough water on wknds if you want to hoof it and stand on one spot. Not my kinda wading though. Was happy to be out of the house, driving in the sunshine. Heard the fishin was good tho!
    Great minds think alike, as soon as I saw the Idaho moratorium we instantly purchased our Wyoming licenses. Although I will gladly be your row bitch anytime, pretty sure I owe you some time on the sticks.