Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Tried my best to lose the crowds in JH yesterday. This stream doesn’t fish that well pre runoff but the solitude is worth less action! I never remember to take pics. Thought of it once yesterday on the walk in.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6121.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	2.36 MB 
ID:	325918

Cool stretch stretch right there due to the recent geography of it! Ion
    I hooked into four nice ones today but didn’t manage to land a damn thing here in Southern Germany.
    Quote Originally Posted by schwerty View Post
    Tried my best to lose the crowds in JH yesterday. This stream doesn’t fish that well pre runoff but the solitude is worth less action! I never remember to take pics. Thought of it once yesterday on the walk in.

Name:	IMG_6121.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	2.36 MB 
ID:	325918

Quote Originally Posted by KenJongIll View Post
    Swimmy, what kind of raft is that?
    It is the Striker made by Outcast aka the perfect little boat to piss off entitled landowners.

Took it back out today to one of the local bird sanctuaries.

Lots of birds flying around. I watched this guy come down and grab the fish. Unfortunately I was late with my camera but still grabbed a couple.

Mating pair I assume?

They had company.

I also brought along a couple of fly rods and nymphed buckets.

Found a few

Including this guy. Wonder what happened?

Chill moose.

Quote Originally Posted by swimmy View Post
    Chill moose.
    Check out that moose’s eyes, d00d is obviously celebrating 4/20....

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

A few sablefish, pulled up from 2400’.

Name:	A09250A4-741F-45A1-A796-43FE3F3E47A6.jpeg 
Views:	65 
Size:	476.9 KB 
ID:	325980

It’s been pretty tough fishin here in the hood. So I was unusually stoked to fondle this guy last night.

Name:  IMG_0973.JPG
Views: 936
Size:  131.2 KB

Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Nice fish, Teleee!

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    It’s been pretty tough fishin here in the hood. So I was unusually stoked to fondle this guy last night.

Name:  IMG_0973.JPG
Views: 936
Size:  131.2 KB

Yeah buddy!
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Socially distanced from people, and apparently fish

Nice fish, Teleee!
    Thanks we have been getting out for a few hours most nights. How is the water on your end looking? J and I have kicked around coming over and floating some different water one of these days.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Thanks we have been getting out for a few hours most nights. How is the water on your end looking? J and I have kicked around coming over and floating some different water one of these days.
    Flows were bumped a couple days ago. Still good floating though. Water is, (as of yesterday), clear on the Snake. Green is on the way up but definitely fishable.

Boat hatch, (every kind of craft possible), was wild last wknd. As in boats on top of each other. With the park closed and sheep gulch still under snow, it’s tough finding solitude on the big river. Late afternoon-evening on a weekday would be my choice.

Night temps seem to be creeping up both in the valley and at elevation. Not enough to unlock the flood gates but...
    The snake should hold up for a little while as far as the feeshin goes but if the long term forecast holds I’d guess we will start getting some color in about a week. Maybe before. And as u know, the snake ain’t known for good off color water catching.

2020 FISH SQUEEZING EXTRAVAGANZA!!

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    Haz a line on some dirt cheap dirt in browns park
    it dirt cheap cause current dagget county zoning laws seem to allow you to only day use your 1/2 acre of dirt with a leave no trace no camping no structures etc.
    Buddy of mine owns one of those 1/2ac lots. Sucks to hear that as we figured there would be pretty easy zoning in Dagget. We were talking about how sweet it would be to build a tiny cabin of some sort (frequent trips to the RS Home Depot during the build would get old though). No wonder why those lots are going for next to nothing.
    Last edited by ColMan; 04-22-2020 at 04:46 PM.

Flows were bumped a couple days ago. Still good floating though. Water is, (as of yesterday), clear on the Snake. Green is on the way up but definitely fishable.

Boat hatch, (every kind of craft possible), was wild last wknd. As in boats on top of each other. With the park closed and sheep gulch still under snow, it’s tough finding solitude on the big river. Late afternoon-evening on a weekday would be my choice.

Night temps seem to be creeping up both in the valley and at elevation. Not enough to unlock the flood gates but...
    The snake should hold up for a little while as far as the feeshin goes but if the long term forecast holds I’d guess we will start getting some color in about a week. Maybe before. And as u know, the snake ain’t known for good off color water catching.
    Same boat hatch we are having here. Weekdays are pretty much our only time to get on, it doesn't seem worthwhile to go out on the weekends. I would like to hit the Snake before it turns off color. Are the lower ramps open? And yep, I think we are in for some big flows shortly.

Last I heard elbow is the lowest. West might be good to go now tho. Sheep is still gated. I should have snapped a pic of Astoria last wknd! Cars out to the highway! Pritchard was crowded but still had spots. Don’t get it.

Quote Originally Posted by ColMan View Post
    Buddy of mine owns one of those 1/2ac lots. Sucks to hear that as we figured there was would be pretty easy zoning in Dagget. We were talking about how sweet it would be to build a tiny cabin of some sort (frequent trips to the RS Home Depot during the build would get old though). No wonder why those lots are going for next to nothing.
    Great story about the Taylor's flat "subdivision", it was plated to be 1/4 acre lots to be on the shores of the Echo park dam down on the Yampa, it even had (has) air strip. The lots sold for 750$ back in the fifties, the dam was heavily protested by the Sierra club and river runners and was dropped, As the owners died off the lots became available for back taxes, I got my first for around 75 bucks and had 6-8 at one time. Daggett now says you have to have 6 to do anything, Fishing pard has a dozen and has his trailer ( always currently licensed ) and a few out buildings. BP is scenic place in the middle of East Jesus nowhere.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    thanks for that back story i knew the echo park for glen seirra club consesions part but not the tfb history
    I figured if you knew your neighbors and they were cool with you and a drift boat got left on your dirt nobody from Daggett county is gonna drive around
    or I want to do voli at jarvis
    that place is a natural history treasure that id spend time helping on
    so kicking fs/blm volunteers off their land for sleeping on it seems unlikely
    i haven't talked to lumpy lately nor have i heard anything else about the missing co fisherman
    hopin for the best
    a few mur from bp
    up on the flat

on the water

gods

grub

well yeah pour a sip out for the singin mailman

and keep whistlins and fishins in or potentaily on your way to heaven
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

SFB, They found him close to his vehicle,( a couple of miles) unknown cause at this time, Moffat County and Uintah county SARs got it done. Dagget has always been VERY interested in having current tags on vehicles.
    Last edited by new yabyum; 04-22-2020 at 05:17 PM.

Just got the email that my Smith permit will be honored next year due to extended closure. So that’s some good news.

"If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Euro nymphing for whitefish.

#HUGE

"Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

The amount of shit SFB can fit in his boat is impressive.

First squeezing of 2020 in a local creek Wednesday. Reasonable amount of action for this early in the year, highlighted by this 15 incher full of eggs. Spawn will be starting soon.

Name:	IMG_1647.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	539.9 KB 
ID:	326293

She came out of this little hole. The only fishable spot in 100+ feet, so I almost didn't bother to wade across the creek to fish it. Glad I did.

Name:	IMG_1649.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	907.2 KB 
ID:	326291

Cold and wet yesterday on the ditch. But this guy made it all worthwhile.

Name:	IMG_1010.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	1.25 MB 
ID:	326295

Damn nice fish telee !
    Last edited by new yabyum; 04-24-2020 at 01:25 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mike View Post
    First squeezing of 2020 in a local creek Wednesday. Reasonable amount of action for this early in the year, highlighted by this 15 incher full of eggs. Spawn will be starting soon.

Name:	IMG_1647.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	539.9 KB 
ID:	326293

She came out of this little hole. The only fishable spot in 100+ feet, so I almost didn't bother to wade across the creek to fish it. Glad I did.

Name:	IMG_1649.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	907.2 KB 
ID:	326291
    Cold and wet yesterday on the ditch. But this guy made it all worthwhile.

Name:	IMG_1010.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	1.25 MB 
ID:	326295

bronzebacks and butter oh my!

telee you keep posting fish like that Immah pack my tent and take my 14day quarantine camped in your backyard #blackglovesmatter
    Bunny Don't Surf

Quote Originally Posted by swimmy View Post
    The amount of shit SFB can fit in his boat is impressive.
    the tupperware time machine only carries the necessities
    Bunny Don't Surf