Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7
    Stay at home went into effect Sat at 12 am. Filling up the streamer box while hunkered down.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    god damn virus shits everywhere

high 20's in the am

put on threw hard

lumpy finally put the lowfats in the bucket and fucked that bow in the face

fuck me
    im just leavin this here
    and try and post more later im hittin the bottle
    it aint ever good when your not breathing on your own
    dudes music set the soundtrack for an assload of my fishin miles
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -
    ski on in eternal peace

Just heard that John Prine into hospital with Coronavirus in Nashville!? unfortunately he smoked forever before had cancer and a little overweight...a couple of statistical strikes against him.....He's on of the Best Ever!!!!!

I'm a little embarrassed to show my tying area after Swimmy posted his! FKNA Man! I never really stop tying but have been tying more lately.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4216.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	323060
    Been tying baitfish patterns

Name:	IMG_4214.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	1.73 MB 
ID:	323062
    Articulated buggers

Name:	IMG_4208.jpg 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	323063
    Mini Chubs

Name:	IMG_3115 2.jpg 
Size:	1.43 MB 
ID:	323064
    Droppers

Name:	IMG_3057.jpg 
Size:	1.39 MB 
ID:	323071

Anyone else tying?

Quote Originally Posted by Row Jimmy View Post
    I'm a little embarrassed to show my tying area after Swimmy posted his! FKNA Man! I never really stop tying but have been tying more lately.

Name:	IMG_4216.jpg 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	323060
    Been tying baitfish patterns

Name:	IMG_4214.jpg 
Size:	1.73 MB 
ID:	323062
    Articulated buggers

Name:	IMG_4208.jpg 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	323063
    Mini Chubs

Name:	IMG_3115 2.jpg 
Size:	1.43 MB 
ID:	323064
    Droppers

Name:	IMG_3057.jpg 
Size:	1.39 MB 
ID:	323071

Anyone else tying?
    Nice work! I wish I had the patience to tie. Are your Smith River trips cancelled? Just curious
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Teleee, as of today we are still on. I expect this to change and we will lose some if not all trips. Bummer!
    The only good that could come from that is I can grab a permit from the guy I work for and do a personal trip during prime time!
    As long as they donít close Smith River SP that is.
    Lots of unknown currently. Hoping for the best.

I was just saying to my wife it would be perfect to grab cancellations if they are still letting trips go. Unfortunately(or fortunately) I picked up some work so I cant jump on a trip. I see them shutting it down and I dont blame them, but putting restrictions on campgrounds and being just me and my wife it would still be within social distancing protocols. Hope you still get out Jimmy!( I know lots of outfitters have canceled for foreseeable future.)

Oh and with the out of state quarantine I'd bet that puts the nail in the coffin.

2020 FISH SQUEEZING EXTRAVAGANZA!!

This is part of an email I got from the park manager yesterday.

ďAt this point, thereís a good possibility that the river will be shut down due to the Covid-19 Virus. We should receive word shortly and will be contacting individual permit holders and issuing a press releaseĒ

Well we just had an earthquake as well...

Nice bugs Jimmy.

Since the lockdown I haven't really left the bench.

Swimmy, nice work! Spinning deer hair is something I donít do much.

There are 2 things working against the Smith being open IMO. 1. Groups size can be up to 15 which doesnít work if they want us to keep gatherings to 10 and under.
    2. Camp Baker during high season is like Shakedown Street at a Dead show! Tough place to social distance!
    We should know either way soon enough.

No fish to be squeezed since Washington shut down fishing with the stay at home order, so a lot of time at the vice. Simple 3 inch long bunny fur and ostrich sculpins. They only take about 15 minutes to tie so I dont cry when I loose them. Also whipped up an assortment of double bunnies that I can really cast into some dumb spots.

@Row Jimmy those baitfish patterns look great. I'd like to twitch one of those white ones in front a big smallmouth's nose.

Things aren't looking great for my Smith trip, don't really want to travel up from SLC to BZN/surrounding communities, especially wouldn't want to interact in WSS or at Camp Baker, so leaning towards the fact that its not happening.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

JB, I bet those things have great motion in the water!

Mike, I'm sure smallmouth would crush em'. I know western trout love them. I also like the white for the visual while fishing. Simple pattern if you tie. Dumbell eyes, Polar chenille or EP brush, silly legs, rabbit strip, Senyos Laser Dub.

Quote Originally Posted by Row Jimmy View Post
    JB, I bet those things have great motion in the water!

Mike, I'm sure smallmouth would crush em'. I know western trout love them. I also like the white for the visual while fishing. Simple pattern if you tie. Dumbell eyes, Polar chenille or EP brush, silly legs, rabbit strip, Senyos Laser Dub.
    yes, I like white for the visual reason, and it just in general seems to work particularly well for smallmouth. Baitfish and crawdads are the biggest part of their diet around here, and many of the baitfish are white or grey. I have gotten to where I probably use it 80%+ of the time around here when I'm using anything other than a crawfish pattern.