Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
    Today, I went up to Jordanelle, just to waste time and try-out a new rig that I concocted. No pics., but I caught a couple of really nice 12-14" mountain whitefish. Beautiful fish. ...catch and release.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Now that you have that traeger you should keep those whites. I can send you a recipe. Brine, smoke, whip into dip, or whip up a filling for some homemade empanadas. It’s fantastic

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

One of my favorite rivers opened up today. Slow fishing overall, most subsurface eats but a few on green drakes and stones. Waters low and I think it had the big boys hiding deep or down river farther than we fished. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9284.JPG 
Views:	71 
Size:	316.7 KB 
ID:	334400

"If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3971.JPG 
Views:	77 
Size:	213.6 KB 
ID:	334402

Name:	0AAC9BEF-63E6-4E47-A125-849766E854C7.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	162.8 KB 
ID:	334403

Mmmm. Grilled redfish.

Another boat went down today. Third one I’ve seen so far this year.

Stone?

Quote Originally Posted by lifelinksplit View Post
    Stone?
    Yep. Kids accidentally dropped anchor in heavy water. Fortunately they made it out alive.

Paging Happytimebanginghismomsbox

You want your towel ? Go get it.

#minnesotalakelife

Name:	IMG_3570.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	2.29 MB 
ID:	334459

"Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Nice spot.....

While we have kickass rivers out west there is nothing like WI or MI lakes out this way.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

^^ that is my GF’s house. You skied with her, or at least met her her at the top of Ramcharger.

That towel was left at my Big Sky condo by a seriously 420 induced Utarded maggot. Said towel is now on a world tour when my overweight kitty is not using it for a bed.

"Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Name:	8E6B915B-1C52-4768-BACE-06DC8F43538D.jpeg 
Views:	78 
Size:	562.7 KB 
ID:	334485

Water continues to be too hot and low for trout fishing so I’m gonna keep making lemonade
    Harvest the ride.

2020 FISH SQUEEZING EXTRAVAGANZA!!

On top. You fucker.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    ^^ that is my GF’s house. You skied with her, or at least met her her at the top of Ramcharger.

That towel was left at my Big Sky condo by a seriously 420 induced Utarded maggot. Said towel is now on a world tour when my overweight kitty is not using it for a bed.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Paging Happytimebanginghismomsbox

You want your towel ? Go get it.

#minnesotalakelife

Name:	IMG_3570.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	2.29 MB 
ID:	334459

My turtle tribe towel! I approve of the world tour.

Went to checkout some dirt in daniel WY for a potential HTFB vacation chalet and maggot hideout (brokedown 5th wheel on 2.5 acres) and float the upper green. Put in late at warren bridge with a cellphone that didnt wanna charge. Really technical water to row and my kid is really getting into the dry fly bite and missing every take the river miles just flying by so we switch up to the nymph rig kid starts getting some troots and whities and I thought I was paying attention for the take out but we've been floating too long so turn phone on we are a mile past fish hatchery takeout wtf! Call the shuttle company "yeah well its quite a push to daniel at this hour.. " then boom phone dies. Pushed an extra few miles through the dark with nothing but a dodgey headlamp to keep us off the rocks and snags. I can see a country bridge up ahead get closer can see someone standing on it he hollers 'hey are you HTFB? Im your shuttle driver you have about half mile to the daniel takeout. I'll have your trailer backed in for you" . He got a nice tip and the rest of my beers and I am happy malaria isnt a thing in the intermountain west
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Quote Originally Posted by swimmy View Post
    Yep. Kids accidentally dropped anchor in heavy water. Fortunately they made it out alive.

Quote Originally Posted by happytimefunbox View Post

Went to checkout some dirt in daniel WY for a potential HTFB vacation chalet and maggot hideout (brokedown 5th wheel on 2.5 acres) and float the upper green. Put in late at warren bridge with a cellphone that didnt wanna charge. Really technical water to row and my kid is really getting into the dry fly bite and missing every take the river miles just flying by so we switch up to the nymph rig kid starts getting some troots and whities and I thought I was paying attention for the take out but we've been floating too long so turn phone on we are a mile past fish hatchery takeout wtf! Call the shuttle company "yeah well its quite a push to daniel at this hour.. " then boom phone dies. Pushed an extra few miles through the dark with nothing but a dodgey headlamp to keep us off the rocks and snags. I can see a country bridge up ahead get closer can see someone standing on it he hollers 'hey are you HTFB? Im your shuttle driver you have about half mile to the daniel takeout. I'll have your trailer backed in for you" . He got a nice tip and the rest of my beers and I am happy malaria isnt a thing in the intermountain west
    It's like fly fishing is now accepting the ikon pass. I've seen so much stupid shit on the rivers this year. Back before the Harrimen Ranch was open I was checking out the river at the log jam which is basically the beginning of the Ranch. Here comes a couple Coloradobros in their brand new skiff just casting away with their salmon flys. Never mind there's zero salmon flys on that part of the HF. The wind is absolutely nuking up river. I wave them over and let them know that pretty much from this point on for the next 9 miles is closed to fishing right now. They said "huh, I guess we should have done a little more research". I asked them if they were curious why they were about to float the most famous section of the Henrys Fork and they're the only ones on the entire river. They said "didn't think about it". I said "have fun on your 5 mile row out against the nuking wind.

Saved a family of utards, mom, dad, and 3 kids between the ages of 3 and 7 in their brand new clacka from the same mistake. This time it was 7pm and the wind was nuking like usual this past spring up river. We pushed their boat up river to where we could get their trailer close to the bank. We gave dad a ride to get his trailer. 6 of us lifted the boat while dad cranked it up. They would have been on the river until 1am. Dad came back with a twelver and a 50 dollar bill. I told dad his money is no good but he shoved it in my pocket anyway.

I won't even get into all the assclown shit show bs that I witnessed on the lower river this year. I'm surprised no one's been killed on the South Fork yet, but the summer's still young.
    Hunting kicks ass.
    Chicks dig Labs.
    I'll keep my job, my money and my guns and you can keep the change.
    From my cold dead hands.

Quote Originally Posted by thebirdhunter View Post
    It's like fly fishing is now accepting the ikon pass. I've seen so much stupid shit on the rivers this year. Back before the Harrimen Ranch was open I was checking out the river at the log jam which is basically the beginning of the Ranch. Here comes a couple Coloradobros in their brand new skiff just casting away with their salmon flys. Never mind there's zero salmon flys on that part of the HF. The wind is absolutely nuking up river. I wave them over and let them know that pretty much from this point on for the next 9 miles is closed to fishing right now. They said "huh, I guess we should have done a little more research". I asked them if they were curious why they were about to float the most famous section of the Henrys Fork and they're the only ones on the entire river. They said "didn't think about it". I said "have fun on your 5 mile row out against the nuking wind.

Saved a family of utards, mom, dad, and 3 kids between the ages of 3 and 7 in their brand new clacka from the same mistake. This time it was 7pm and the wind was nuking like usual this past spring up river. We pushed their boat up river to where we could get their trailer close to the bank. We gave dad a ride to get his trailer. 6 of us lifted the boat while dad cranked it up. They would have been on the river until 1am. Dad came back with a twelver and a 50 dollar bill. I told dad his money is no good but he shoved it in my pocket anyway.

I won't even get into all the assclown shit show bs that I witnessed on the lower river this year. I'm surprised no one's been killed on the South Fork yet, but the summer's still young.
    With your attitude I'm surprised you don't pull their plugs when they aren't looking just to laugh as they die or snipe them from the bluff as they untangle their bobbers
    Bunny Don't Surf

With your attitude I'm surprised you don't pull their plugs when they aren't looking just to laugh as they die or snipe them from the bluff as they untangle their bobbers
    says the guy who makes jokes about dead people.
    Hunting kicks ass.
    Chicks dig Labs.
    I'll keep my job, my money and my guns and you can keep the change.
    From my cold dead hands.

DUDE! Mrs Teleee and I ran that stretch of water on Saturday afternoon. The shuttle dudes there are top notch and have responded to my crazy ivan on more than one occasion.
    The ramp for the hatchery take out is very well hidden and if you havent done it before its a tough one to spot. I love that stretch of water!
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

flys
    *flies

Quote Originally Posted by Underoos View Post
    *flies
    fuzzy lures
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Took out some noobs yesterday and nymphed up some whities. They had a blast.

Last edited by swimmy; 07-14-2020 at 09:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    DUDE! Mrs Teleee and I ran that stretch of water on Saturday afternoon. The shuttle dudes there are top notch and have responded to my crazy ivan on more than one occasion.
    The ramp for the hatchery take out is very well hidden and if you havent done it before its a tough one to spot. I love that stretch of water!
    no shit! In the raft or dory? Fucken impressive gray drake hatch and a very spicy lowhead damn. Glad I scouted it! I plan on giving Downriver Shuttles 3077490242 my bizness good peeps
    Bunny Don't Surf

says the guy who makes jokes about dead people.
    you still here?
    Bunny Don't Surf

no shit! In the raft or dory? Fucken impressive gray drake hatch and a very spicy lowhead damn. Glad I scouted it! I plan on giving Downriver Shuttles 3077490242 my bizness good peeps
    Floated with the dory, Mrs Teleee is not a fan of the raft ever since she lost an anchor on the South Fork (if anyone needs an anchor there is one in about 4 feet of water in the canyon section). Yep that dam is a little spicy all right, as is the ramp at the hatchery. Part of what makes it a great float, keeps the crowds down. Those are the same shuttle guys I use, have always been solid!

Quote Originally Posted by Underoos View Post
    Ahhh, Bass thumb. Been a while since I had that..