Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Damn dfinn way to get your first fish squeeze in style! We socially distanced in browns park with the team where fishing was tough but good times were had. I really needed that getaway to reset the soul before wading back into society

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200411_091158(0).jpeg 
Views:	86 
Size:	74.7 KB 
ID:	325073Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200411_111138.jpeg 
Views:	86 
Size:	95.9 KB 
ID:	325074Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200411_111117.jpeg 
Views:	61 
Size:	134.2 KB 
ID:	325075Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200411_093247.jpeg 
Views:	50 
Size:	90.6 KB 
ID:	325076Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200411_123756.jpeg 
Views:	53 
Size:	91.5 KB 
ID:	325077Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200411_073903.jpeg 
Views:	49 
Size:	80.1 KB 
ID:	325078Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200411_194644.jpeg 
Views:	56 
Size:	49.3 KB 
ID:	325079
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Nice work HFB, The fishing on the South Fork has been ridiculously slow. But man it is nice to get out on the water.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    tooks a road trip in crazy times we find ourselves in

the lei and ppe on a no stops not to brykln interstate mission

unitas holding a fat snow packs

Haz a line on some dirt cheap dirt in browns park
    it dirt cheap cause current dagget county zoning laws seem to allow you to only day use your 1/2 acre of dirt with a leave no trace no camping no structures etc.
    Daggetts fucked right now the tax base is gas and oil and rec based tourism
    they badcopped the fuck outta the jail into bankruptcy and a financial fiasco.
    DJ is uberfucked the have no tax base and no longer get much fed funds for the damn.
    daggets also shittybeervirusfree not that theve even tested anyone
    I stopped by tcf to see whose runnin the show since my bro left and moved to az and score my season river pass a bag of ice and smokes
    Good dude theyre runnin minimal no lodging, no guide trips, no raft rentals etc
    1/2 the outfitters are running no trips or shuttles, others case by case honoring some bookings, rescheduling or funding others
    Fg lodge wants to run pretty nmuch business as usual extra cleaning and social distance guidelines and run early season specials
    general consensus is theyre gonna git us all locked down
    and it looks like the fs has already closed part of the Ashely access outside manilla
    headed out of dj to hang in browns
    lumpy and the kc tp plant manager bro j had already launched and shuttled down to swallow by the times toaster and I rolled in at9
    gods stoked to git the float and be happy on

poundkeybustellobro akasspanserme

stickers still there

toaster threw hard thinks he had one on I threw hard to the tune of a couple week bumps

Sheldon looked for friends

switched shit up

didn't hurt the catching as toaster rowed j into one under the bung
    and the lumpster bent the whippy

fucked that fish in the face lowfat style and put em in the nets
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

2020 FISH SQUEEZING EXTRAVAGANZA!!

It really warms my balls to know that sticker is still there.

Quote Originally Posted by happytimefunbox View Post
    Damn dfinn way to get your first fish squeeze in style!
    Thanks! Windy as fuck but it was a productive couple of days up there. Figured it would be busier but it was pretty quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by Underoos View Post
    It really warms my balls to know that sticker is still there.
    i dont know if it warmed my jewels but the fact that pretty much every one of the less than a dozen boats we saw in browns knew my name and i theirs and /or had extended saftey breifings if not slept on your couch several seasons
    didnt suck
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Back on the bench.

They’re not giving up easy this spring. Bought the skunk again, so damn windy today I had to retreat to the cove of shame for a beer

Name:	IMG_0097.JPG 
Views:	65 
Size:	171.6 KB 
ID:	325295

In other news I tried to test the waters of an AZ outdoors FB page for other local fly fisherpeople and wouldn’t you know it some guy posts about his UL tenkara setup. Didn’t have the heart to break it to him

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    They’re not giving up easy this spring.
    I haven't hit it too hard but think I've only brought 4 or 5 fish to hand. Things will start picking up in the coming weeks.

Meanwhile, tying has been a life saver during the quarantine.

Some nice bugs you're whipping up swimmy. I tie something very similar to that ^ and have had it work really well around here. I like the tall but slim head and the hackle tail makes it very swimmy in the water. I usually throw some rubber legs on the head as well.

This thread is shaping up nicely!
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Wyoming just joined Idaho in halting the sales of non resident licenses indefinitely.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

[QUOTE=teleee;5959892]Wyoming just joined Idaho in halting the sales of non resident licenses indefinitely.[/QU
    That's a real drag, we're a mile from State line road.

[QUOTE=new yabyum;5959966]
    Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    Wyoming just joined Idaho in halting the sales of non resident licenses indefinitely.[/QU
    That's a real drag, we're a mile from State line road.
    Yea l, am about 18 miles. My understanding is if you already have one you are solid. But no bueno if you want to buy one now.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

[QUOTE=teleee;5959995]
    Quote Originally Posted by new yabyum View Post

Yea l, am about 18 miles. My understanding is if you already have one you are solid. But no bueno if you want to buy one now.
    I'am looking and it may be just the one an five day tags. I'll let you know.

Telee, Just got mine, but it's a season license. If your looking at a one or five day tag you're basically screwed. The State wants that 14 day quarantine. Everything is subject to change in these weird times.

Was going stir crazy and needed to get out of the house. So met up with a buddy and fished social distance style. We each had our own boat, car pooled, and kept our distance. Kind of weird but it worked and felt great to be out.

Although water temps are still cold (air temp last night got down to 17 degrees) I couldn't wait to swim some new streamers.

Didn't move a fish all day on the big stuff but the pink wire worm bite was hot

My fish of the day.

We did have company. Her calf was right behind her but thankfully she kept her distance.

Good day. Tomorrow could be even better.

Nice swimmy! Beautiful day to be out today!
    "If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough."

didn't suck to poopfish the bear

well yeah

im hudge

slow day today, but caught this guy on a beadhead rubberlegs I tied and it felt great. only recently started tying, and thats one of the few patterns i can crank out. haven't seen any skwalas but allegedly they're around. my whitefish count was absurd on this fly. was surprised I can tie something that doesn't fall apart.

Name:	IMG_3035.jpg 
Views:	806 
Size:	755.4 KB 
ID:	325683

Slow as fuck all day today, then we caught one thousand fish in an hour. Then it was over.

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-04-17 at 9.09.36 PM.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	303.8 KB 
ID:	325684

Social Distanced my way up to a headwater to see if the March Browns were coming off. My experience with the hatch on this stretch; while it is not a blanket hatch, if they are coming off fish are usually on 'em.

I did end up seeing a handful but fish weren't really looking up. Unfortunately I think I was late.

Oh well, I ended up going sub surface and found a couple. As you would expect the average size fish is smaller than the main stem. But they are absolutely gorgeous.

I think this is a Dipper.

Love this little boat.

_________Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200414_174753.jpeg 
Views:	79 
Size:	100.6 KB 
ID:	325811

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using TGR Forums mobile app
    `•.¸¸.•´><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.? ??´¯`•...¸><((((º>

"Having been Baptized by uller his frosty air now burns my soul with confirmation. I am once again pure." - frozenwater

"once i let go of my material desires many opportunities for playing with the planet emerge. emerge - to come into being through evolution. ok back to work - i gotta pack." - Slaag Master

"As for Flock of Seagulls, everytime that song comes up on my ipod, I turn it up- way up." - goldenboy

HAPPY 420 !
    I got out on the Gallatin yesterday, several strikes but nothing in the net.

Name:	IMG_2920.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	935.6 KB 
ID:	325899

"Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Swimmy, what kind of raft is that?