Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

I've had it w/ Volkls

Our 3rd pair in ~ 7 years that has started to delaminate at the tail. 2 pairs of Kenjas, 1 pair of Mantras. Also, they all developed intermittent bumps along the base next to the edges that make any touch ups of base bevel in those spots an interesting proposition.

About 3 years into owning is when I notice this. I have a stable of Armada, 4FRNT, and J skis, all same age or older and treated the same way and none of them have this issue.

Skis are skied, taken home inside a car, brought into the house, racked to dry and then skied again. They're not sitting in a puddle of water. I do all my own work on them so they're not getting hit with heat from a bad grinding job or some shop weirdness.

Yeah I can fix this with a bunch of clamps and epoxy, but wtf Volkl?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Praxis RX
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

And they have nicer topsheets.

Did you buy the regular Mantra or the V-werks Mantra? I think the non-delaming topsheet is only a feature on the V-werks

The regular Mantra. Volkl should include a couple packs of Hardmans and some c-clamps with every pair.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Praxis RX
    It's staggering how useless you are as a poster. Can't you at least stay the hell out of tech talk / slide zone? You contribute absolutely nothing here, 100% white noise, you aren't even funny. You can't even manage to get the Praxis RX bit right. Just go away.

Quote Originally Posted by brundo View Post
    Did you buy the regular Mantra or the V-werks Mantra? I think the non-delaming topsheet is only a feature on the V-werks
    Well I don't have enough time on all my volkls, but one pair of 100Eights I had delaminated, and my pair of Kendo may be starting also.
    No problem so far with the 3 pairs of V-Werks I'm using for the past years ...

We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    It's staggering how useless you are as a poster. Can't you at least stay the hell out of tech talk / slide zone? You contribute absolutely nothing here, 100% white noise, you aren't even funny. You can't even manage to get the Praxis RX bit right. Just go away.
    He may not know a goddam thing about a goddam thing, but at least he has opinions.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using TGR Forums mobile app

How much have you added to the the discussion at hand with personal attacks? No wonder you have no more ban hammer. Go walk up a hill or shoot your guns or something else useless.

I just came here to vent and get sympathy.

I've found that a rivet or ground down sheet metal screw helps hold together reguled tips and tails

What did you do with all the free time you created by not typing the whole word “with”?

^^The epoxy was the fast set kind and I wanted to get the clamps on.

Yep. We've ditched 2 pair of Volkls the last couple of seasons for similar reasons. Especially the Kenjas.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I've had it w/ Volkls

Huh...

You (TR) obviously aren’t alone, I’ve heard this from others too. The weird thing for me is that I have a number of Volkls in the quiver including Mantras and BMT’s, beat on them daily, no delams.

New Mantra 102s might be worth the delam risk. Loving them.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using TGR Forums mobile app

How much have you added to the the discussion at hand with personal attacks? No wonder you have no more ban hammer. Go walk up a hill or shoot your guns or something else useless.
    he has no more ban hammer voluntarily. He wanted to ban lots of you people, but didn't.

"fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    he has no more ban hammer voluntarily. He wanted to ban lots of you people, but didn't.

Lots of people resign "voluntarily" from things they weren't cut out for. If his first instinct is to follow around people attacking them and insulting them... ya, best to give up that position..

Lots of people resign "voluntarily" from things they weren't cut out for. If his first instinct is to follow around people attacking them and insulting them... ya, best to give up that position..
    I didn't spend any time badgering you (or anyone) as mod, it seemed inappropriate. Though I can't deny I relish the fact that now there's nothing stopping me from telling you what a worthless blight you are on this place. Almost 5 thousand posts, can you point to a single good one? Have you skied even one run with anyone from here? Stop posting.

I didn't spend any time badgering you (or anyone) as mod, it seemed inappropriate. Though I can't deny I relish the fact that now there's nothing stopping me from telling you what a worthless blight you are on this place.
    that right there is funny.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Don't store your skis on their tails. This isn't unique to Volkl.

"But I should be able to stand my skis up in the corner."
    "Okay, then why don't you store them standing upside down in their tips... you know, the part of the ski actually designed to take the blunt force of abuse?"

Skis should be stored horizontally, or off the ground and hung by the binding.

Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Don't store your skis on their tails. This isn't unique to Volkl.

"But I should be able to stand my skis up in the corner."
    "Okay, then why don't you store them standing upside down in their tips... you know, the part of the ski actually designed to take the blunt force of abuse?"

Skis should be stored horizontally, or off the ground and hung by the binding.
    There is nothing wrong with skis being stored on their tails. If a ski is so fragile it can’t hold up to its own weight on its tail, the ski is the issue, not the storage method.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Have you skied even one run with anyone from here?
    Yes.

Almost 5 thousand posts, can you point to a single good one? .
    You're an asshole
    ^^^^One good post!
    Done with your bullshit callouts in this thread, Like you said, tech talk. Practice what you preach and STFU.
    Last edited by SumJongGuy; 01-03-2020 at 09:52 AM.

I've found that a rivet or ground down sheet metal screw helps hold together reguled tips and tails
    Don’t do this. Epoxy and clamps or move on to a different brand. FWIW, I have found doing this one time with good epoxy to be a relatively permanent fix (at least until I don’t own the skis anymore.)