Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Yeah this^^ yer skis just need a place to dry, yer outer wear needs to dry, your gear unpacked and wash yer shorts too
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    ... and wash yer shorts too
    I shudder to think that anyone here needs to be reminded to do that.

This thread is the funnez.
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

Great now I have another thing to worry about besides pre releasing out of my shifts....this sport is getting complicated....

Quote Originally Posted by ACH View Post
    Normally my skis are separated and hit a special dry rack, and when they are dry get strapped and moved to the storage rack.
    2 racks and a strap system?!?!? Dude you gotta post a TR.

Quote Originally Posted by phatboy64 View Post
    Great now I have another thing to worry about besides pre releasing out of my shifts....this sport is getting complicated....
    Be sure to wash your shorts after that happens

My Volkls haven't delaminated after years of use and abuse. It's pretty simple really - I just have my Thai lady-boy massage the snow off of them every evening whilst kneeling in front of the warm glow of burning tires (the rubbery-smoke imparts a water-proof patina on everything it touches). They're then hung for the night at a precise 37 degree angle above a pregnant coyote, which, of course, allows for proper air circulation and humidity control while ensuring that any [snort] Salomon skiers aren't able to fuss with them.

I shudder to think that anyone here needs to be reminded to do that.
    I bet lots just turn them inside out

Quote Originally Posted by kathleenturneroverdrive View Post
    2 racks and a strap system?!?!? Dude you gotta post a TR.
    Pretty standard really.
    One rack for wet and drying, one rack for dry/storage.
    Name:  toko-ski-clip-alpine---carving.jpg
Views: 544
Size:  19.9 KB
    Seems pretty standard to me.

If you are going to keep using the word rack......let’s at least see some tittties!

Quote Originally Posted by BC. View Post
    If you are going to keep using the word rack......let’s at least see some tittties!
    heh, I think there is already a thread for that.

There is...but instead of a pic of a ski strap, it would of had more impact if you posted a pic of some real “racks”.

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by BC. View Post
    There is...but instead of a pic of a ski strap, it would of had more impact if you posted a pic of some real “racks”.
    Sorry to disappoint....
    How about a picture of a nice pear?
    Name:  pear.png
Views: 399
Size:  201.6 KB

Sorry to disappoint....
    How about a picture of a nice pear?
    Name:  pear.png
Views: 399
Size:  201.6 KB
    Thicc
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

I've had it w/ Volkls

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    That is a hell of a rack...lol

Völkl is coveted for their durability? Maybe once upon a time.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Skis are waterproof, btw. Or had you not noticed?
    Skis are not waterproof. Water resistant and waterproof are not the same thing (; I’d bet your rusted edges and rotten core would disagree with you if you actually left your skis sitting in some water.

That being said a little water on your skis doesn’t need to be wiped off

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    My Volkls haven't delaminated after years of use and abuse. It's pretty simple really - I just have my Thai lady-boy massage the snow off of them every evening whilst kneeling in front of the warm glow of burning tires (the rubbery-smoke imparts a water-proof patina on everything it touches). They're then hung for the night at a precise 37 degree angle above a pregnant coyote, which, of course, allows for proper air circulation and humidity control while ensuring that any [snort] Salomon skiers aren't able to fuss with them.
    Rookies:

---Quote---
    I place the skis in hermetically sealed box, located in a cool, dark place, and line the base with JC Penny white sale pillows of different thicknesses to match the ski camber. Connected to a PV cell and battery will be an iPod and small speakers to continually play soothing music. Once a month, I'll open the lid, rotate the skis, massage them with a soft nylon brush, then tickle them with a soft horsehair one, while talking about how special our next excursion together will be. Before sealing it up again, I'll replace the flower pedals with fresh ones of the season.
    ---End Quote---
    And:

---Quote---
    The most important thing about storing your boards is to tell them you love them from time to time, stroking them and remind them that the next winter is coming. It all comes back when they first touch snow again.
    Then, when winter is apporaching, in August or so (you have to start early), put the board into your living room, or even better, into your bedroom (If you stored them somewhere else in the first place!) They like that and will appreciate it in an appropriate way once on the snow.
    ---End Quote---
    Other options:

---Quote---
    I built a hover bed for my skis. Several electric fans provide a cushion of air for the skis to float on, providing as perfect a pressure distribution as possible.

I'm a bit worried because the weight of the bindings might alter the flex, so I'm thinking about removing the bindings when not skiing.

Another option is to have the skis put into orbit around Earth during the off season. While a tad bit more expensive, the payoffs might be worth it. Unless, of course, they collide with a asteroid.
    ---End Quote---
    Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more
    Add TGR handle to notes & paste 5% TGR Discount code during checkout: 1121TGR

If you really want to keep your Volkls safe, you need to have General Klytus stand guard over them.

I've left a ski buried for 5 or 6 months and when I found it in june the edges were rusty/pitted and the ski looked a little mo faded& weathered for sure ... I wouldn't call a ski waterproof or even weatherproof

I've had it w/ Volkls

Standing but on a properly pitched floor to ensure no puddling. Slide them uphill about 2” after the first standing hour.
    Uno mas

Back to the topic at hand, I’ve seen what feels like a disproportionate amount of delaminated/broken volkls the past ~7 years working in a shop. I always assumed it was just an artifact of small sample size, but it’s interesting to hear that at least a few people have had issues similar to what I’ve seen.

Völkl is coveted for their durability? Maybe once upon a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaStoke View Post
    Back to the topic at hand, I’ve seen what feels like a disproportionate amount of delaminated/broken volkls the past ~7 years working in a shop. I always assumed it was just an artifact of small sample size, but it’s interesting to hear that at least a few people have had issues similar to what I’ve seen.
    Is this a trend? I thought Volkls were a staple in the industry. Is durability dependent on the German factory? Because my German-made boards are the shit.

I have always sworn by Austrian skis when it comes to durability. Now it is difficult to tell where anything is made.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"