Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by tuco View Post
    Just can't find good help these days

I know someone that can fix that shit here in SLmuthafuknC! What's your timeframe yo? Been real short on time lately, so no guarantees, but if you want me to look @ them for you.....let me know.

Maybe I should open a shoppe!?!....
    Will tech for high dollars
    In a free drug and dog friendly workplace
    Yo jong I gots sum beat up demo bros I can let ya use
    Or plenty of cheap skis on the l9 mill creek consignment wall
    A decent pair of wu bangers with frame at binders for under 3 bills
    I'll sell ya a real binder for those
    Or the obsethed with speed dynas for 150
    I'll throw in leashes
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by tuco View Post
    Just can't find good help these days

I know someone that can fix that shit here in SLmuthafuknC! What's your timeframe yo? Been real short on time lately, so no guarantees, but if you want me to look @ them for you.....let me know.

Maybe I should open a shoppe!?!....
    Well fml after having both the shop at snowbird and L9 tell me I was fucked I just epoxied and clamped em last night. Shoulda checked the thread. I used marine epoxy whatta we think am I a total dipshit

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    Will tech for high dollars
    In a free drug and dog friendly workplace
    Yo jong I gots sum beat up demo bros I can let ya use
    Or plenty of cheap skis on the l9 mill creek consignment wall
    A decent pair of wu bangers with frame at binders for under 3 bills
    I'll sell ya a real binder for those
    Or the obsethed with speed dynas for 150
    I'll throw in leashes
    Issue is i need to get all my gear home and I have the whimpiest ski bag eva. If I grabbed a big ass ski bag I could definitely go for some fat skis the widest I have is the 107s I just mangled.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    You broke $275 eBay skis and you want them to be warrantied?

Take a lap.
    this
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

marine epoxy is the best for wet conditions like skiing. you're gonna do great. or at least you're going to ski a bit before they split in half under your feet

Quote Originally Posted by bowboybb View Post
    Issue is i need to get all my gear home and I have the whimpiest ski bag eva. If I grabbed a big ass ski bag I could definitely go for some fat skis the widest I have is the 107s I just mangled.

I think my buddy in lcc still has my skis in my dakine bag won't fit 2pr but you could check 2 ski bags. Pm me if you want and I will see if he can dig it out of the garage and pull my skis out of it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by waxman View Post
    this
    Im of the mind the skis are the same damn skis whether you pay 300 or 600.

Btw if the epoxy fix doesn't work before you leave I'd pull the bindings and not take skis home. Way less travel hassle for something you're likely to toss upon return. It's only $275 in the end. Hardly the end of the world for someone with skiing as a hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    I think my buddy in lcc still has my skis in my dakine bag won't fit 2pr but you could check 2 ski bags. Pm me if you want and I will see if he can dig it out of the garage and pull my skis out of it.

You’re the man, I appreciate it but I think Ima hold out for a single big ass ski bag. Also the backlands are still goin so I’m hoping I won’t have to figure anything else out.

That said if anyone has some cheap bombproof powder skis 120ish underfoot at a 325 bsl Id be interested.

Yeah that’s my feeling as well. Main issue is i don’t have proof of purchase since I bought off eBay for 275.

What’s the atomic shop at Ogden like? Is it worth my time to go there?
    Unless you get really lucky, any warranty guy is going to deny that claim. First, its obvious the ski broke from an impact with the base of the ski. Second, you're not the original purchaser.

They may have single skis at the Atomic store from other warranties for sale. I was able to do that with Rossignol about 10 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    sure doesnt look like a bad enough hit for the damage done if you ask me. ive for sure had bigger coreshots that didnt result in topsheet delam. Hell that looks like total structural failure. .
    Ya total structural failure is what happens when a 200 lb person on skis lands directly on a rock. That's not a topsheet delam, that ski is broken, probably split verticality. I wouldn't even try to fix it and most notable shops will tell you the same thing.

Im of the mind the skis are the same damn skis whether you pay 300 or 600.
    Ya but warranties are only for the only original purchaser from authorized dealers and non-transferrable.

Have you tried just emailing them and being honest about what happened and see if they could hook you up?

I have done this before and blizzard sent me a single from their retired demo fleet despite it being my fault for wrecking it on a bad landing.

Quote Originally Posted by 2clue View Post
    Have you tried just emailing them and being honest about what happened and see if they could hook you up?

I have done this before and blizzard sent me a single from their retired demo fleet despite it being my fault for wrecking it on a bad landing.
    I sent an email a few days ago but they haven’t gotten back to me

Were there pics of boobs in your email? If so, you’ve helped yourself out with what they call a top of stack warranty claim. If not...

You’re the man, I appreciate it but I think Ima hold out for a single big ass ski bag. Also the backlands are still goin so I’m hoping I won’t have to figure anything else out.

That said if anyone has some cheap bombproof powder skis 120ish underfoot at a 325 bsl Id be interested.

Got a rocker 2 115 sitting at that same house. Think it's mounted for a 328 but will totally go down to 325 easy. Welcome to use while there and might be interested in selling pretty cheap. Let me know.

Damn thanks a ton. I’m at my gramps funeral in Denver tomorrow headed back to slc tomorrow night. I’ll check to see if the epoxy looks like it set well. If it looks like dog shit or the ski explodes when I ski it Sunday I’ll definitely give you a shout

Obviously you need to get them warranted from the Ebay seller.

...and when they are done laughing at you go buy some skis from a reputable dealer, not somebody who scored a dumpster load of seconds.

As.mentioned, take a lap and then humbly accept SFBs offer.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

3 pages that prove Idiocracy is a movie that peered into the future.