Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    184

    WTB: 165cm-ish, 105mm-ish skis for the wife

    Wife needs new skis but we didn't quite make demo day last spring and I'm LOATHE to pay new prices for anything she hasn't tried--you cuffed guys are probably familiar w/ this drill and maybe you can help me out w/ a pair your lady didn't like.
    Tired of her suffering through powder days on a 7 yo pair of Volkl Auras (read: I'm not a patient man).
    She's an expert skier but also 40yo mom who really doesn't charge any longer (love you babe).
    I'm looking for something mid-160cm, mid-100mm, rocker/camber/rocker... you know the ski, a Tahoe daily driver tending toward turning ease and softer snow. Her BSL is 295.
    Flat is fine, bindings are welcome, but 5-12ish din binders not requiring a remount are better.
    Special consideration and extra props for Moments as those are our hometown boys.

    In other words looking for a fucking unicorn (like my wife)...
    Hoping for <$350 but of course everything is negotiable...
    Last edited by scmartin69; 01-02-2020 at 10:52 AM. Reason: fixed typo in post body on ski width

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Front Range
    Posts
    108
    K2 Shredditor 112s in a 169. Currently set up with with Look PX12s for a 305 bsl. I think you could get them down to 295.

    Pictures here. Price is high because CL, hoping to get 300 out of the setup.
    https://denver.craigslist.org/spo/d/...046711867.html


    Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    184
    Quote Originally Posted by joeshek View Post
    K2 Shredditor 112s in a 169. Currently set up with with Look PX12s for a 305 bsl. I think you could get them down to 295.

    Pictures here. Price is high because CL, hoping to get 300 out of the setup.
    https://denver.craigslist.org/spo/d/...046711867.html


    Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Thanks! Thinking those might be just too much ski for her... Right on the edge. I'll consider them and keep this post going and see if something else comes up.

    Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    184
    Bump

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    184
    Missed a set of 166cm ON3P Jessies...
    Anybody's lady get new gear for Xmas and need to pass on the old stuff?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    184
    Monday Blues Bump...

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    29
    Sent a PM. Close to your criteria, lmk what you think!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    184
    This one's too hot, this one's too cold...
    Still looking for just right!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Aspen, CO
    Posts
    209
    K2 S7 W 168 with marker tour 10 binders so no remount needed.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    184
    Quote Originally Posted by xksrx View Post
    K2 S7 W 168 with marker tour 10 binders so no remount needed.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Is that a Rossi S7? Don't know a K2 S7...

    Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Aspen, CO
    Posts
    209
    Yes, Spaced they are Rossiís. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4730.JPG 
Views:	63 
Size:	136.4 KB 
ID:	311032
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4733.JPG 
Views:	62 
Size:	137.5 KB 
ID:	311033Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4732.JPG 
Views:	63 
Size:	146.9 KB 
ID:	311034


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Where the climate suits my clothes.
    Posts
    4,060
    Going to follow this thread as I'm in a similar (shit, the same.. down to the Auras) boat. The S7 is on the wide side.for us, looking more 100-105, and obviously the OP has dibs. But keep em coming!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Banff
    Posts
    20,562
    Last edited by mntlion; 01-21-2020 at 04:24 PM.


  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Edgewater, CO
    Posts
    648
    Wider than you're looking for, but minty 164 CRJs that never clicked with my wife:

    Name:  IMG_1028.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  164.5 KB

    Name:  IMG_1029.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  153.3 KB

    Name:  IMG_1030.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  117.7 KB

    Name:  IMG_1031.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  118.8 KB

    Name:  IMG_1032.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  120.2 KB

    Name:  IMG_1033.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  121.7 KB

    $250 plus ship or local p/u in front range CO
    Corner store junkies giving advice

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    184
    As much as I hate to I'm gonna pass on the S7s... PM send on the CRJs.

    Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    184
    Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    Going to follow this thread as I'm in a similar (shit, the same.. down to the Auras) boat. The S7 is on the wide side.for us, looking more 100-105, and obviously the OP has dibs. But keep em coming!
    Some beta for you...
    Wife skied the Moment Bella 172 on Saturday and 108 underfoot was way too much ski for her for cruising around our local w/ me and the kids. Decided to flip in entirely and yesterday she went out in the Moment Sierra in 162 (95 wide)--total game changer--really easy to pivot or carve--and weren't too much work in the bumps. Trying the Sierra in 172 (99 underfoot) today as that length makes more sense given her height/weight but will probably just opt for the 162 as it seemed to be plenty stable on firm snow at the speeds she normally skis.

    Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    2 hours from anything
    Posts
    8,112
    Quote Originally Posted by scmartin69 View Post
    Some beta for you...
    Wife skied the Moment Bella 172 on Saturday and 108 underfoot was way too much ski for her for cruising around our local w/ me and the kids. Decided to flip in entirely and yesterday she went out in the Moment Sierra in 162 (95 wide)--total game changer--really easy to pivot or carve--and weren't too much work in the bumps. Trying the Sierra in 172 (99 underfoot) today as that length makes more sense given her height/weight but will probably just opt for the 162 as it seemed to be plenty stable on firm snow at the speeds she normally skis.

    Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    You find Sierras for less than $750? Thatís my wifeís top pick but I donít want to spend $750.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    184
    No, gotta pay to play, but she REALLY liked them and they're local boys so I'm gonna pull the trigger...

    Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    184
    Quote Originally Posted by scmartin69 View Post
    Some beta for you...
    Wife skied the Moment Bella 172 on Saturday and 108 underfoot was way too much ski for her for cruising around our local w/ me and the kids. Decided to flip in entirely and yesterday she went out in the Moment Sierra in 162 (95 wide)--total game changer--really easy to pivot or carve--and weren't too much work in the bumps. Trying the Sierra in 172 (99 underfoot) today as that length makes more sense given her height/weight but will probably just opt for the 162 as it seemed to be plenty stable on firm snow at the speeds she normally skis.

    Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Decided on the 162 after skiing the 172 today...

    Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    184
    Quote Originally Posted by scmartin69 View Post
    As much as I hate to I'm gonna pass on the S7s... PM send on the CRJs.

    Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Thanks miahw2828 for the smooth local pickup...
    My in-laws even said you looked "trustworthy"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •