Guardian Toe Height Stuck

My girlfriend was having a hard time getting the toe height to move on her Guardians while I was out of town. I just went to check them out, and it looks like she backed the screw out fully. It appears to still be engaged in the captive nut that it's the bottom of the toe piece, but just spins freely and won't pull the toe back down.

Anyone encountered this before? Or have knowledge on how to take the toe piece apart? If the nut/bolt are stripped I'll need to do that, but it's not at all obvious how to get it apart.

everybody is just waiting for picture of her tits before posting an answer but i'm not into that whole toxioc masculinaty thing

so while I duno about the Guardian exactly, mebe the nut or whatever spins on the end of the screw because there is nothing to hold the nut from spinning ?

can you pry up under the Big screw with a small screwdriver while turning it, the idea being prying it up against the inside of the binding will stop the nut from spinning by giving it something to hold on to ?

actualy you could just post any tits and no body would be any the wiser eh
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

The nut can't spin in the housing, it's held captive by the plastic molding. I did figure it out though. If you back the toe height screw all the way out, it can disengage from the nut. If you look from the bottom, it looks like it's engaged because there's a portion of the screw still inside the nut, but it's got a non-threaded section to act as a lead in. So she'd backed the screw fully out of the nut, so you could turn the screw forever, it wasn't going to make the toe move.

I put some downward pressure on the toe piece (took a surprising amount) while turning the screw and got it to re-engage. Optimal solution is probably to nuke the Guardians from orbit and get something that isn't a frame binding though.