Hey Denver Mags, any DIA tips?

We’ll be flying out early Sunday and have a shit ton of bags with three ski bags, boot bags, and a few suitcases. I’d rather not lug the stuff through the airport. We usually use a skycap, but I don’t think that’s an option. I heard there is a baggage drop off of 76th. Does anyone have experience with that? Our flight is at 6:00 am, so I’m trying to figure out the most efficient way to deal with this.

Thanks in advance!

PS We have pre-check, so that helps with security.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Several airlines will take your bags at the curb. I know United and SW both do, unsure about others. That said you have to allow a lot of time for that, and baggage check is just inside the doors at departures so you aren't lugging for a mile.

Get there early. You might consider staying the night before at the Westin hotel. Its next to the terminal.
    "True love is much easier to find with a helicopter"

We’re flying Delta, it looks like maybe they do have Skycap service. Anyone with recent experience?

Quote Originally Posted by jerlane View Post
    We’re flying Delta, it looks like maybe they do have Skycap service. Anyone with recent experience?

Check this out.... just started a month or two ago, IIRC: https://www.flydenver.com/easycheck

I haven't used it, but my guess is since it's still relatively unknown that it will still be uncrowded and efficient.

Huh, didn't know about the easycheck thing. Bummer it doesn't work for international flights though.

It’s unlikely TSA pre check is open that early. If it is, it could be more crowded than regular check

I often take 6am flights and precheck is almost always open. If you have a rental car, definitely curbside check if Delta does it. Then return the car after.

Update: we used the new bag drop area this morning and it worked great. It's not very well marked. You get off of Pena Blvd like you are going to the car rental return and instead of turning left, continue straight on the frontage road. Just past the stop light you'll see a light up sign on the right indicating the bag drop is off to the right. There's really not much there. It's just a drive through pull-off with a shack/mobile trailer and a few vans that they take the bags in. It's convenient because you don't have to carry your bags anywhere. Just drop them, get your tags and go. Really nice if you have a rental to return. There was one other car there at 4:15am. You need to drop your bags off at least 90 minutes before your flight. No charge, but I tipped the guy like it was a skycap.

FYI, we stayed at the Marriott for $60 booked through Hotels Tonight app which saved us $20. Hotel was nice for one night before the early flight. Also, security was not bad, especially with pre-check, which was open for those that were wondering.