Thread: Patagonia Code

Patagonia Code

If anyone is experienced with these or has access to how they’re handled would you mind sending me a PM?

Thanks in advance
    I still call it The Jake.

If you are talking about Friends and Family Codes it ain't much of a secret. They come out twice a year, fall and spring. 40% retail I believe. Limited inventory, popular items go quickly.

More so an issue with one. Got it, used it, returned the item, went to use it on separate item and it came back as invalid.

Wasn’t sure if this is SOP or if there is an appeal to a higher power.

Don’t want to jam up my friend who gave it to me either.

Thanks

PM sent. But basically, the codes have a hard expiration date and one-time use. Might be worth calling to see if they’ll cut you a break.

yeah give them a call and see if they’ll work it out for you
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    More so an issue with one. Got it, used it, returned the item, went to use it on separate item and it came back as invalid.

Wasn’t sure if this is SOP or if there is an appeal to a higher power.

Don’t want to jam up my friend who gave it to me either.

Thanks
    I'd just be happy that you got credit for the return. Historically, shop...pro...f&f purchases have always been "no returns". That said, personal experience tells me that these types of issues are best handled face to face in a Patagonia Store.

The fact that these f&f codes are so prevalent is just another data point proving that retail price is a made up number that few people pay. I used to think that people were abusing the codes but now I see them posted up everywhere on the internet and the manufacturers seem not to care. Pretty soon there will be no ski shops. Oh well.

Yeah, I'm going to stop into the retail store today but won't be completely bummed if nothing comes of it.

Thanks all

I used one of those to buy a jacket for my wife for Christmas a few years ago. The size wasn't quite right. We went to a store, returned it and swapped it for something different. They would have just credited us full retail value on the return but I told them that we had used a code so they tracked it accordingly and applied the 40% discount on the item that we ended up buying. It was not big deal but did require face to face interaction at the store.

Hope it works out for you.

BTW - There is a super-cool Patagonia manager on here. I won't call him out, but don't be surprised if he reaches out to you. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    The fact that these f&f codes are so prevalent is just another data point proving that retail price is a made up number that few people pay. I used to think that people were abusing the codes but now I see them posted up everywhere on the internet and the manufacturers seem not to care.
    Everyone with pro form gets at least 2 F&F codes twice a year, right? I know my wife does...and so does everyone she works with, and it is not even a job that requires her to ever be outside.

Well shit, not like it even matters anymore because the jacket I wanted to buy is now out of stock.

Sad face.

Check this place on Insta or FB-
    https://frugalbackpacker.com

Or this one-

https://secondgearwnc.com

And take a road trip.
    I swing into Frugal Backpacker every time in Asheville- they buy samples, etc.

^^^ This. There are so many online places to buy last years gear that dealing with the minor discounts available through pro form is rarely worth it anymore.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    ^^^ This. There are so many online places to buy last years gear that dealing with the minor discounts available through pro form is rarely worth it anymore.
    +1

Paid two fiddy for a patagucci hardshell proform that doesn’t even resist light rain.

Must be the PFC-free DWR.