Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    The Enduro actually looks pretty good too. It's antisquat numbers make sense in the context of a triple chainring drivetrain. And the leverage rate probably actually worked pretty well with the 2010 era air shocks. You can also see the comparison to a 2005 Enduro on the graph, which had a more linear progressive leverage curve. That '05 Enduro looks similar to a lot of bikes currently on the market (although they don't graph the antisquat in a gear that's comparable to modern 1x bikes).
    Well, the Slayer is still pretty low. But the 2010 Enduro one makes sense. Like you're saying, small granny rings kind of necessitated more moderate anti-squat numbers if you're looking at the middle ring (i.e. comparing to a modern bike). A 22t ring on a modern bike would have a massive amount of AS, and consequently pedal kickback through the roof.

That's actually what drove me to 1x in the first place, back in the 9 speed days. My first gen Banshee Spitfire had so much pedal kickback that I couldn't stand climbing anything technical with it in the granny gear, and figured that if I wasn't going to use the 22t, I might as well lose it, the derailleur and the shifter, and run a proper DH chainguide, since clutch derailleurs and narrow wide chainrings weren't a thing yet.

Heh, yeah, pedal kickback in the granny was brutal on a lot of those older bikes. Which is funny, because I barely pay any attention to that number on modern bikes - I can't recall riding a bike in the last 5 years where pedal kickback was bad enough to matter (at least for me).

Heh, yeah, pedal kickback in the granny was brutal on a lot of those older bikes. Which is funny, because I barely pay any attention to that number on modern bikes - I can't recall riding a bike in the last 5 years where pedal kickback was bad enough to matter (at least for me).
    Yeah, I haven't been on anything that made me think or care about it in a long time either. Probably pushing 10 years.

ibis
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

This discussion is enlightening.

Also, I am still riding a 2006 Enduro Pro that is mostly original other than a new dropper post . I’m a Neanderthal.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaSnow View Post
    This discussion is enlightening.

Also, I am still riding a 2006 Enduro Pro that is mostly original other than a new dropper post . I’m a Neanderthal.

Yawn...

Ride yer bike. Have fun. Never go full enduro

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Yawn...

Ride yer bike. Have fun. Be a dick about it
    Fixed

However many are in a shit ton.