Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Yeah exactly. 5 days middle 5 days main would be an incredibly rad trip. Shuttle is cheaper to put in at Boundary/take out Carey Creek, too. I did 5/29 Boundary to 6/6 Carey last year. 3.6' at launch, 10k cfs a the confluence, 32k at the Whitebird gauge when we took out.
    SO. Much. fun.

The limiting factor is who can take off that much time. Also possibilities for change of crew at Corn creek.

On that note, pencil me in for a maybe. I just got an invite for 7/1 MFS

Depression turned to stoke. Just got a mid-June Selway invite. Permit day is always such a roller coaster.

that's amazing. there were 20 june pvt permits this year...

Struck out, again.

Depending on the experience of the group, unless you have strong rowers and some kayakers levels above 5 feet should be avoided, above 4 feet is doable but pretty sporty, 3-4 feet is money.

6/10 is a Friday launch, I would love to go, have a small raft and could take 1 passenger or row support for up to 3 kayakers. Can't turn the corner, ^&%&ing work, if you could pull that off its nearly the trip of a lifetime.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Struck out, again.

Depending on the experience of the group, unless you have strong rowers and some kayakers levels above 5 feet should be avoided, above 4 feet is doable but pretty sporty, 3-4 feet is money.

6/10 is a Friday launch, I would love to go, have a small raft and could take 1 passenger or row support for up to 3 kayakers. Can't turn the corner, ^&%&ing work, if you could pull that off its nearly the trip of a lifetime.
    That's exactly in line with what I'm thinking. I know that this pretty much amounts to reading tea leaves, but I've looked at all the data I can find for June 10 launches and I think that the most likely outcome is 4 feet. All of that obviously depends on both the snowpack and the runoff cycle, but judging where we're at now... I think 4 feet. Fingers crossed.

If you want a spot it's yours

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post

well yeah will row 4 .....
    sheldons in
    who wants to carry all my shit so we can rock the dory?
    Me.

I'd be interested in joining the crew if there's room.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by skivan View Post
    that's amazing. there were 20 june pvt permits this year...
    fuckin holy grail potential trip of a lifetime score
    its one of them ya gotta rock sum cereal good mojo karma to defy the odds of not recieving such a river blessing
    i hope you chugged a shoey after reading that email
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

M seriously jealous of the middle and the selway.

Our entire group got skunked, 3rd year in a row. I’m pretty fucking bitter about the whole outfitter to private ratio…..

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Man, wish I could make that 6/10. Looks like a loose group of hooligans.

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    That's exactly in line with what I'm thinking. I know that this pretty much amounts to reading tea leaves, but I've looked at all the data I can find for June 10 launches and I think that the most likely outcome is 4 feet. All of that obviously depends on both the snowpack and the runoff cycle, but judging where we're at now... I think 4 feet. Fingers crossed.

If you want a spot it's yours

Thanks for the kind offer. I will PM you my contact info and we can discuss further.

I’m pretty fucking bitter about the whole outfitter to private ratio…..
    You have every right to be.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

This is shaping up to be epic, heh.

Stoked for you tgapp! Sounds like you're gonna have a crew of legends.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    Stoked for you tgapp! Sounds like you're gonna have a crew of legends.
    you should come

you should come

Oh man I'd love to! Unfortunately I have plans on either end of your dates and I don't think I'll be able to pull it off.

Damn, very cool you got a permit!

Middle fork's been on my list. I'm a maybe on if I can make this work, but will let you know. I'd safety kayak if so.

Quote Originally Posted by Yonder_River View Post
    Middle fork's been on my list. I'm a maybe on if I can make this work, but will let you know. I'd safety kayak if so.
    I don't know if this changes your calculation but the interest now is doing middle + main. Of course, folks can always take out after the middle if they want.

Super jealous. Bucket list trip for sure.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    M seriously jealous of the middle and the selway.

Our entire group got skunked, 3rd year in a row. I’m pretty fucking bitter about the whole outfitter to private ratio…..

im not so much bitter as to fuck it i guess i gotta go to guide school git a job and git paid to row randos if im gonna float good shit this season
    is what it is
    Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Me.

I'd be interested in joining the crew if there's room.
    id expect to see all aplicants and potential participants
    for 4 20 training for mfs boblandia browns park bake on the green
    [dancing doobie emojithingamabob/]
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

tgapp, I have a 16' round boat and experience on the main but not the middle. Very interested in turning the corner, particularly if I can bring a +1. Will PM you.

Stoked for y all. I'd ask for a spot, but on vacation the week before... could potentially switch vacations. Sfb, CharlesJ and detrusor can vouch for better or worse.

I have loads of whitewater experience mostly kayaking and some rowing. Last river trip I rowed an 18foot cat with my mom as passenger down the snake at flood. Commercial trips canceled so our crew had the water to ourselves. Was super fun with big wave trains.

Let me know if you have interest. Whitewater is good for the soul especially with a chill and relaxed crew.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Quote Originally Posted by cravenmorhead View Post
    tgapp, I have a 16' round boat and experience on the main but not the middle. Very interested in turning the corner, particularly if I can bring a +1. Will PM you.
    I almost PMed you on the buzz when this came up. Glad ya found it.

I don't know if this changes your calculation but the interest now is doing middle + main. Of course, folks can always take out after the middle if they want.

I'm jelly. Yeah that does change it, I'm out unfortunately. June is too busy for me to pull off 12 days.

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    Congrats! That is super cool. If I hadnt already booked myself up to chase tarpon in the keys I would be hounding you for a spot!. That being said let me know if you need gear - dry bags, etc... Might even be able to free up a rubber boat for ya...
    I'm still holding out hope that you'll change your mind and sign up for this trip

Quote Originally Posted by cravenmorhead View Post
    killer, you and your buddy are on the roster

Quote Originally Posted by skinipenem View Post
    Stoked for y all. I'd ask for a spot, but on vacation the week before... could potentially switch vacations. Sfb, CharlesJ and detrusor can vouch for better or worse.

I have loads of whitewater experience mostly kayaking and some rowing. Last river trip I rowed an 18foot cat with my mom as passenger down the snake at flood. Commercial trips canceled so our crew had the water to ourselves. Was super fun with big wave trains.

Let me know if you have interest. Whitewater is good for the soul especially with a chill and relaxed crew.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    make it happen dude. you got a spot on the roster if you want it

--

we probably have AT LEAST another 3 to 4 spots, likely a few more. 2022 maggot BBI grand salmon expedition. let's make this happen.

Nice tgapp! Sounds like the trip will be a hoot!