Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    the nice scam artists at rec. gov took an extra day to tell me
    im a deso gray loser to
    so one of our stores has 3 real deal worked for oars, multiple grand canyon, and yearly trips guys
    not one of their crew pulled anything
    some jong got a ladore came here for info but invited his facefuck zuckerbitch "friends" on the trip
    wtf
    the current pay to play go commercial
    pay to not play private
    sure #doesuck
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Just found out I’m on a short list of invites for a 6/20 Selway. Fingers crossed the snowpack picks up and people start bagging for high water concerns.

Fingers x-ed for ya, awesome trip, have fun in Ladle.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

No permits for me but confirmed for a June 8 Deso and a July 3 MFS.

Middle Fk Salmon permits and summer BBI

One person in my raft family lucked out and got a Middle Fork Salmon, late June permit. Best website for beta? First time for me and looking to start planning.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Websites? No idea.

The trickiest part of a Middle Fk trip is the entire assigned campsite system.

If you are launching from Boundary Creek (most likely in late June) when you check in you go through the process of picking campsites. Most of the sites are awesome. You need to have a decent idea of how many miles you want to make each day and pick accordingly. You are allowed 1 hot spring camp. Sites are assigned 1st come 1st serve. Many people show up the day before launch to rig and pick sites.

Start with your last day on the river and try to decide whether you want to take out later in the day or earlier.

The last day is pretty good whitewater although nothing too difficult on the MF and the current moves right along. (Kramer Creek on the Main can be pretty freaking big).

Once you have your last day figured work back from there. Some haggling may be involved.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

I got nothing by way of permits - just wanted to circle back and let everyone know. I'll put in next year, especially if I can get some guidance for which permits I should shoot for (other than Deso and the Middle Fork). Bunion 2020 I'm looking at you - help pls!!

Stay in touch.

And keep in mind that if you were unsuccessful in the Lottery there are always cancellations available, especially if you can put together a trip in less than 2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Websites? No idea.

The trickiest part of a Middle Fk trip is the entire assigned campsite system.

If you are launching from Boundary Creek (most likely in late June) when you check in you go through the process of picking campsites. Most of the sites are awesome. You need to have a decent idea of how many miles you want to make each day and pick accordingly. You are allowed 1 hot spring camp. Sites are assigned 1st come 1st serve. Many people show up the day before launch to rig and pick sites.

Start with your last day on the river and try to decide whether you want to take out later in the day or earlier.

The last day is pretty good whitewater although nothing too difficult on the MF and the current moves right along. (Kramer Creek on the Main can be pretty freaking big).

Once you have your last day figured work back from there. Some haggling may be involved.
    Thanks for the info. We always work backwards and try to give ourselves an easy last day just in case shit hits the fan. Got any recommendations on campsites?

RTR is offline Shumanitutonka Ob' Wachi
    Smith River lottery results are supposedly coming out today. As of this morning:
    Name:  Annotation 2020-03-02 083830.jpg
Views: 1459
Size:  20.4 KB
    Click here to increase your vocabulary.

RTR is offline Shumanitutonka Ob' Wachi
    Montana FWP is now updated... And I'm a loser again!
    Click here to increase your vocabulary.

No joy in Mudville either.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2184.JPG 
Views:	112 
Size:	106.9 KB 
ID:	318893

Yeah struck out all around this year too.

Day trips and no-permits-needed mellow OR floats this summer.

‘Tis the season

Name:	IMG_7558.JPG 
Views:	101 
Size:	298.5 KB 
ID:	350634

Quote Originally Posted by m1f425 View Post
    Any tips to get the permit easily?
    Serious?

Bump, Sale ends Sunday

Signed up. Thanks for the reminder. Hoping for a maggot trip.

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-01-28 at 9.01.20 AM.png 
Views:	67 
Size:	155.4 KB 
ID:	360161
    Last edited by schindlerpiste; 01-28-2021 at 01:32 PM.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Put in for ladore and deso/ gray
    Somebodies scoring ladore this summer
    Minus the swimins hells 1/2 part ,one of the better
    9 days and 89 miles of river travel I've spent
    It's a special canyon
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

I’m in for main, middle, ladore this year. Fingers crossed.

Cataract is my backup

I rip the groomed on tele gear

In for MFS, Main Salmon, Selway, Yampa, Lodore, Deso, and San Juan.
    Owyhee and Cat as backups.

Some fun numbers to look at for Middle/Main/Selway/Hell's.
    Oddly enough, Saturday has the fewest number of applications of any day of the week.
    Monday is the busiest.

Monday, July 6th, 2020 had 1763 permits apply for that day. It was the day with the most applications.
    Saturday, July 11th, 2020 had 900 permits apply for that day.

Number of Launches available per date
    Number of applicants by date

Stupid question: There are lotteries and there are permits. I have entered into three lotteries, but I purchased no permits. Is this ok. I only need to purchase a permit after I hit the lottery, right?
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Correct.

Middle, Main, Deso and Lodore have been submitted.... 5 other families we run River trips with all submitted similar dates this yr... after last years complete skunk-fest of all of us coming up short fingers crossed on something coming our way. Our Dream score is the elusive Middle/Main back to back. Would make a killer way to kick off my 50th....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big week for the lotteries. Most winners announced between February 12 and 14. Good luck maggots. I am in for middle Fork, ladore and deso. I’m feeling a maggot float upcoming.