Review for Snowinn.com

Bottom line up front: I had no issues. It appears I may be the only one on the internet with such luck.

I searched and didn’t see anything too recent for snowinn.com without getting deep into any threads. I’m writing this because I ordered a thing from them that is VERY popular with the TGR crowd at an incredibly cheap price (I’m being cryptic so I don’t fuck up a phenomenal deal for the collective...I think I payed quite a bit less than MAP), and only looked at Snowinn’s reviews after I clicked purchase because, well, I’m an idiot.

Snowinn’s online reviews are so bad that I assumed I had just set $370 on fire. Didn’t even get mad, just came to terms with the fact the money is gone. They’re located in Europe so people have issues with customs, shipping, the language barrier, and they have virtually no customer support as per the feedback that’s out there. If something gets fucky, then that’s probably a wrap for your order and money. Seriously, read the reviews for yourself before ordering.

The tracking number I received didn’t do a great job of providing updates, but this isn’t uncommon with international orders. I, however, got my package in one piece. I ordered on Dec 8 and it arrived on Dec 26. Pretty good for international shipping during the holidays if you ask me. I was legitimately surprised the box showed up at all.

Hopefully this helps someone out there. Thought I’d leave this out of the feedback thread since it’s a company.

I bought some boots from then once and also had no issues.

I’ve ordered from them a couple times with good luck. Think of them like an outdoor Amazon where multiple retailers use a single retail portal. I think it depends on the actual retailer. Don’t be in a hurry and expect less than great customer support, but sometimes they’re hundreds cheaper than anywhere else. I’ve got some bindings in the mail right now so we’ll see how my most recent order goes.

I’ve had excellent results with 4-5 orders over the last few years.

Pretty sure I know which item you purchased. The manufacturer prohibits shipping of their product to the US from international sellers, so you are on your own if you need warranty service.
    I french kissed Kelly Kapowski.

I've had great results with a few pairs of bindings from there over the last few years. Recently ordered the gf new boots and they're taking pretty long and the tracking sucks...we'll see if it's worth it when they arrive.
    It sucks to suck.

Bought Dynafit Vulcans from Snowinn a few years back and some Solly hiking boots from Trekkinn this past summer. Smokin' deal prices, reasonable shipping times, no dick around issues with either purchase. 10/10.
    Master of mediocrity.

Also had 0 problems ordering multiple things from them over the years. Items arrived within a week for all of them pretty much

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by FiveLarge View Post
    Pretty sure I know which item you purchased. The manufacturer prohibits shipping of their product to the US from international sellers, so you are on your own if you need warranty service.
    Nailed it, and that’s a risk I suppose I’m willing to take. Here’s hoping they don’t need a warranty claim...

Edit to add that item quickly moves here used (i.e., no warranty) for around $50 more than I paid shipped and new, so I feel a little better about my impulse purchase. I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by mr walker View Post
    Nailed it, and that’s a risk I suppose I’m willing to take. Here’s hoping they don’t need a warranty claim...

Edit to add that item quickly moves here used (i.e., no warranty) for around $50 more than I paid shipped and new, so I feel a little better about my impulse purchase. I guess.
    Cool. Thanks for the update. I took the same plunge, but ordered mine on the 12th, so by your math I should be seeing them shortly (which is good, because I purchased them for an upcoming trip). Planning to move mine after my trip so not concerned with warranty.

Same experience with purchase of a pair of Plum Guides last season.

A bit wanting on tracking updates, and as I recall, about 10-14 days for delivery to Colorado, but they arrived, and that's what counts.

.... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Speed rads. 6-7 week shipping, in the summer. That was in 2016 and I'm still skiing on them.

Ordered from em twice this season... Bindings took a couple weeks to arrive but no issues

I’ve ordered from them a few times and always worked great.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Ordered some bindings back in November. When I ordered they said would be delivered December 11-14. Still waiting.

I ordered two sets of the M-Werks Kingpins at ~50% off from them back at the end of November. They sent me an email saying they'd shipped about a week after I'd ordered them and to expect them sometime in the middle of December. Looking at the shipping info on the Post NL site, it was pretty obvious they took a lonnngggg time to ship the bindings after that initial shipping confirmation email. Eventually, they did ship, and I received them this week (probably 7 weeks after I ordered them and was told I'd have them in a little more than a week). I guess I'm happy they actually arrived, but I definitely wouldn't believe their shipping times.

I bought a pair of jesters from them a few years ago. Shipped from Spain and arrived in Idaho in 4 days. It was impressive to say the least.

Warning: Bought what I thought was a pair of skins from Snowinn, but its only 1 skin. Looking back the description does say "Climbing Skin", but I have never seen climbing skins sold as individuals only as sets. Buyer beware. Make sure you read the description completely.

Looking at some stuff from them on Amazon. The reviews are beyond terrible. You guys all seem to have had a fine experience. Not sure I should risk it though. Kinda weird that the reviews here are so different from on amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Looking at some stuff from them on Amazon. The reviews are beyond terrible. You guys all seem to have had a fine experience. Not sure I should risk it though. Kinda weird that the reviews here are so different from on amazon.
    I’ve ordered though them on Amazon and had luck. I have also ordered directly from them and had no movement for over a month on an order. I canceled the order on their website and saw credit for it within a week or so. I’d say go for the gamble and worse case if you don’t see any movement, cancel your order?

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    ive ordered multiple times (directly from website only) just takes a while to ship. have friends with same experience. id order from them again.

ordered from them like 20-30 times and never had any major issues. All minor issues were solved during CS interaction. The only thing you should look out is the actual status of the order after you made it. Apparently they do have some goods on the backorder, however they don't mark it in any way on the website. If you see the status = Shipped to our sorting facility or something like that, that means that they just ordered the item from supplier. From my experience, shipping from supplier to their warehouse sometimes took up to 4 weeks, and then another 3-4 weeks for it to arrive at your home. Just keep in mind that snowinn is no good for urgent orders, but if you don't mind the wait, their prices and variety are really good

See my review above. I bought direct from the website, what I thought was a pair of skins. It was only 1 skin. They did not respond to my emails. Had to go through my credit card company to get a return. The description on the website wasn't clear IMO. YMMV.

I bought a pair of boots from them, killer deal and they arrived in less than a week.